Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

KISS diss

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
KISS diss
« on: January 27, 2010, 06:22:01 PM »
On the face of it, KISS have done more for the cause of rock and roll than any other band on the planet. They wanted to rock and roll all nite to such an extent that they couldn’t even find the time to go to school to learn how to spell the word ‘night’ properly. They believed that God gave rock and roll to us, when in reality he’s only really responsible for Jesus and pestilence. They pledged allegiance to the state of rock and roll, even though rock and roll isn’t even a congressional district, let alone a state. That’s how much KISS love rock and roll.

Everything that the members of KISS have ever done, solo or as a band, has been done with end goal of being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Everything. The tongue waggling. The stupid facepaint. The deliberately bad hair. The genuinely harrowing sex tapes. The awful songs that all mentioned rock and roll every three lines. That world’s worst cover version of Firestarter. So they must be pretty arsed off that they were beaten to the punch by Abba and Phil Collins this year.

Yes, ABBA is in.  Chic is in.  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  KISS, however, is not.  That makes such perfect sense.  Fuckers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: KISS diss
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 07:17:07 PM »
On the face of it, KISS have done more for the cause of rock and roll than any other band on the planet. They wanted to rock and roll all nite to such an extent that they couldn’t even find the time to go to school to learn how to spell the word ‘night’ properly. They believed that God gave rock and roll to us, when in reality he’s only really responsible for Jesus and pestilence. They pledged allegiance to the state of rock and roll, even though rock and roll isn’t even a congressional district, let alone a state. That’s how much KISS love rock and roll.

Everything that the members of KISS have ever done, solo or as a band, has been done with end goal of being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Everything. The tongue waggling. The stupid facepaint. The deliberately bad hair. The genuinely harrowing sex tapes. The awful songs that all mentioned rock and roll every three lines. That world’s worst cover version of Firestarter. So they must be pretty arsed off that they were beaten to the punch by Abba and Phil Collins this year.

Yes, ABBA is in.  Chic is in.  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  KISS, however, is not.  That makes such perfect sense.  Fuckers.  

Fuck KISS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 08:58:58 AM »
I like Phil Collins - solo or Genesis - but how exactly is he considered "rock and roll?"

Phil ain't never rocked. Ever!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 09:42:15 AM »
I like Phil Collins - solo or Genesis - but how exactly is he considered "rock and roll?"

Only the drum part halfway through "In the Air Tonight".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »
On the face of it, KISS have done more for the cause of rock and roll than any other band on the planet. 

Sorry but this is about the most absurd thing I have ever heard this side of GreasyBammer saying Pat Dye was bad for Auburn.

Muddy Waters
Chuck Berry (although not a band)
Beatles
Queen
The Doors
Everly Brothers

To me all of these acts really did something different not done before and ushered Rock n Roll fwd into mainstream and got it into the limelight. All were pioneers in one way or another. Kiss - although I think they are a decent enough band and I think Simmons is actually quite a funny guy in real life - didn't do anything spectacular from a musical perspective IMHO.  Show me where they did something that was really just out there or brilliant in regards to a particular time signature or in their lyrics or where they pioneered some new technique (such as what Chuck Berry or George Harrison did).   BUT - with all that said, I think they deserve a place at the table (RnR HOF), I just don't think they are elite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »

Aren't you forgetting Su-su-suuudio?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 10:53:20 AM »
Sorry but this is about the most absurd thing I have ever heard this side of GreasyBammer saying Pat Dye was bad for Auburn.

Muddy Waters
Chuck Berry (although not a band)
Beatles
Queen
The Doors
Everly Brothers

To me all of these acts really did something different not done before and ushered Rock n Roll fwd into mainstream and got it into the limelight. All were pioneers in one way or another. Kiss - although I think they are a decent enough band and I think Simmons is actually quite a funny guy in real life - didn't do anything spectacular from a musical perspective IMHO.  Show me where they did something that was really just out there or brilliant in regards to a particular time signature or in their lyrics or where they pioneered some new technique (such as what Chuck Berry or George Harrison did).   BUT - with all that said, I think they deserve a place at the table (RnR HOF), I just don't think they are elite.

More gold records than any American band (except maybe Aerosmith?) says different.

KISS helped create an entirely new genre of rock.  They pioneered stadium rock.  And they brought the world the rock ballad which is now a staple of most hard rock acts.  KISS made the live album a viable vehicle, something that has also become standard fare for most bands.

Were they the most creative? Nope.  They freely admit that they take bits and pieces of things they like from others and make their own versions (Black Diamond evolved from Brown Sugar, for instance).  Are they the most musically talented? Not even close. Greatest songwriters? It is to laugh.

You can't deny the influence the band had on the metal scene, though.  Numerous acts -- some already enshrined in this farcical Hall -- credit KISS as one of their primary influences.  

I guess it depends on what you're looking for.  Will KISS' musical catalog speak to the ages?  Do they have a piece of work that will endure for generations (well, I guess that's already happened)?   They don't have a Hotel California or a Stairway to Heaven in their repertoire, but that's not what they are.  

Does ABBA have any of that?  Donna Summer? Chic? The O'Jays? Brenda Fucking Lee? The Moonglows?  Parliament?  

You see, I have no issue with denying KISS entry on the grounds that they don't meet some high falootin' standard of what rock music should be.  You know, the Dylanites who think that if you mumble some gooble shit it has great societal meaning.  But if you're going to enshrine ABBA? And The Moonglows?  Then you're just being a hypocrite to exclude a band that has sustained itself -- very successfully -- for nearly 40 years playing nothing but rock and roll.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »
John Mayer and Dave Mathews will fuck Kiss up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »
More gold records than any American band (except maybe Aerosmith?) says different.

KISS helped create an entirely new genre of rock.  They pioneered stadium rock.  And they brought the world the rock ballad which is now a staple of most hard rock acts.  KISS made the live album a viable vehicle, something that has also become standard fare for most bands.

Were they the most creative? Nope.  They freely admit that they take bits and pieces of things they like from others and make their own versions (Black Diamond evolved from Brown Sugar, for instance).  Are they the most musically talented? Not even close. Greatest songwriters? It is to laugh.

You can't deny the influence the band had on the metal scene, though.  Numerous acts -- some already enshrined in this farcical Hall -- credit KISS as one of their primary influences.  

I guess it depends on what you're looking for.  Will KISS' musical catalog speak to the ages?  Do they have a piece of work that will endure for generations (well, I guess that's already happened)?   They don't have a Hotel California or a Stairway to Heaven in their repertoire, but that's not what they are.  

Does ABBA have any of that?  Donna Summer? Chic? The O'Jays? Brenda phuking Lee? The Moonglows?  Parliament?  

You see, I have no issue with denying KISS entry on the grounds that they don't meet some high falootin' standard of what rock music should be.  You know, the Dylanites who think that if you mumble some gooble poop it has great societal meaning.  But if you're going to enshrine ABBA? And The Moonglows?  Then you're just being a hypocrite to exclude a band that has sustained itself -- very successfully -- for nearly 40 years playing nothing but rock and roll.  

For American acts - yes, but overall, Nada - not even close.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_certification#Artists_with_the_most_certifications_of_Gold.2C_Platinum_and_Multi-Platinum_albums

Beatles have 45, Stones have 42, Aerosmith has 25, Clapton (solo and with Bands) 25....But yeah, I mean 24 is a GREAT. Like I said, I think KISS is deserving of the RnR HOF. Multi levels above Abba. Not only did Abba suck but who considers that Rock n Roll. I guess I just don't consider them as ELITE as you. But hey, different strokes.....you make good arguments.  :thumbsup:

Useless info:

Led Zep has 19
Pink Floyd has 18
Elvis (not a band) has 82 - most all time
Chicago - 22
E Street Band - 21
AC/DC - 21
The Doors - 19
Queen - 18
The Who - 18
U2 - 16
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:08:54 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 12:51:41 PM »
You can't deny the influence the band had on the metal scene, though.  Numerous acts -- some already enshrined in this farcical Hall -- credit KISS as one of their primary influences. 

I like KISS, one of my favorites? No.  This statement is spot on.  They were a huge influence in the metal scene.

If there been no Ace Freely, there would have been no Dimebag Darrell-----Dimebag Darrell

Just one example.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:15:00 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »
John Mayer and Dave Mathews will fuck Kiss up.
Both will make it into the HOF.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 03:11:23 PM »
Both will make it into the HOF.

No doubt, since faggishness seems to be the first criteria.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 03:14:25 PM »
No doubt, since faggishness seems to be the first criteria.

You got a problem with bubblegum tongues?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions