Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2011 Recruiting

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
2011 Recruiting
« on: January 25, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »
http://www.trackemtigers.com/2010/1/25/1267503/recruiting-on-the-plains

With National Signing Day just nine days away, Auburn coaches have already turned their attention to next year's class. Florida transfer Cameron Newton has gotten all the attention at quarterback during this recruiting season, but Auburn coach Gene Chizik is still looking ahead. Over the weekend, Auburn welcomed three big name quarterbacks that are part of the class of 2011.

Jeff Driskel from Hagerty High School in Oviedo, Fla.; Kiehl Frazier from Shiloh Christian in Springdale, Ark.; and C.J. Uzomah of North Gwinett High School in Suwanee, Ga., all spent time Saturday checking out the Plains. The three quarterbacks are all likely to be four-star and higher once ratings come out later this year from Scout, ESPN and Rivals.

Auburn has already offered Driskel and Frazier. Saturday's visit left a positive impression. "It is just such a great place," said Driskel. "The coaches really showed us that they put a value in family, and that is important to me." He was able to spend some time with outgoing quarterback Chris Todd.

"I was asking him what he thought of how Coach (Gus) Malzahn changed in the offensive scheme," Driskel said. "And I was wondering what he thought about the differences between the SEC and the Big 12. He gave me a lot to think about."

Frazier spent some time talking with Malzahn. "That was probably my favorite part of the day, meeting with them and having a good time," said Frazier. "Coach Malzahn said he was glad that I came down and that I would fit well in his offense. He said he thought I'd fit in well at Auburn.

"I met with Coach Chizik and that went really well. I like Coach Chizik a lot. He is a Godly guy. He's a good man. I have a lot of respect for him."

As a junior, Frazier led Shiloh to the state championship and was named the game's MVP. All three quarterback say they plan to take their time in making a decision.

In addition to the three quarterbacks, there were a number of other juniors also taking a day trip to Auburn on Saturday. Running back Eric Davidson came in from Greensboro, North Carolina and wide receiver Shamir Jeffery visited from St. Matthews, South Carolina.

There was a sizable contingent from the state of Georgia including, defensive end Gabriel Wright (Columbus), linebacker Brandon McGowen (Gwinnett), offensive lineman Watts Dantzler (Dalton), defensive end Xzavier Dickson (Griffin), defensive tackle Gavin Rocker (Sandy Creek),offensive lineman Alan Posey (Clarke Central), lineman Thomas Niles (Gainesville), linebacker A.J. Johnson (Gainesville), and linebacker Shannon Brown (Cook).

According to Rivals, there was a huge in-state group also visiting this weekend, including Valley safety Erique Florence, Dallas County defensive end Keymiya Harrell, Spanish Fort offensive lineman Reese Dismukes, Reeltown linebacker Shaquille Roberson and Auburn defensive end LaMichael Fanning and defensive tackle Jamichael Payne.

Athens quarterback Stephen Rivers, Cullman offensive lineman Spencer Region, Demopolis running back Damarcus James, John Carroll defensive end Kameron Wood, receiver Collins Moore from Bob Jones, Sweet Water linebacker Chris Landrum, Northview offensive lineman Bartavis Whigham, Linden running back Kendarius Fritts, Fairfield defensive lineman Josh Gentry, McKenzie athlete Emmanuel Johnson and Decatur defensive back Ryan Watson also visited.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: 2011 Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 06:55:11 PM »
I've already started my wishlist for the '11 Class:

QB:
Jeff Driskel
Kiehl Frazier or C.J. Uzomah

WR:
Daryl Collins
Shamir Jeffrey
Collins Moore

OL:
Brey Cook
Watts Dantzler
Reese Dismukes
Antonio Richardson
Greg Robinson

DE:
Xzavier Dickson
LaMichael Fanning

DT:
Jamichael Payne
Gavin Rocker
Gabriel Wright

LB:
Shannon Brown
Denzel Perryman
Tony Steward

CB:
Nikloss Brassell
Erique Florence
Jacquese Kirk

S:
Cortez Davis
Tyler Hunter

Ath:
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:38:51 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:59:32 PM »
 :suicide:

Is it really necessary to start this now?  Prowler's dick is going to melt in runny rawness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:44:47 PM »
:suicide:

Is it really necessary to start this now?  Prowler's dick is going to melt in runny rawness.
Maybe you should get use to this....Recruiting isn't suppose to stop.  Hell, SPuat already has two commitments for next year.  Word on da skreets, Auburn already has a silent commitment for the '11 class, supposedly he committed this past weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 10:49:15 PM »
Maybe you should get use to this....Recruiting isn't suppose to stop.  Hell, SPuat already has two commitments for next year.  Word on da skreets, Auburn already has a silent commitment for the '11 class, supposedly he committed this past weekend.

Vanna, can I buy a consonant?  How about a D, please? 

I already know about this silent commitment.  And the silent commitments for the Class of 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16, too.  As soon as they are no longer silent, I'll be back to tell you who they were. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 11:23:45 PM »
Vanna, can I buy a consonant?  How about a D, please? 

I already know about this silent commitment.  And the silent commitments for the Class of 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16, too.  As soon as they are no longer silent, I'll be back to tell you who they were. 
I'll give you a hint....he's a QB and he's on my wish list, that's all I'm going to say.

And no kaos you can't buy a consonant, stupid fuck, it isn't your damn turn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions