Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn will end up 4th in recruiting on Rivals.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Auburn will end up 4th in recruiting on Rivals.com
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2010, 08:22:25 PM »
JAD:  Compelling argument. I could buy it if we were replacing one or the other.  Not both. If Burns, Caudle, Rollison, Smith, Fannin, McCalebb, Trotter or Aycock were better than the "adequate" they would have played this year. Well except Trotter.

I remember seeing a #18, #32, #27 and a #23 playing....a lot.  Maybe my eyes aren't what they used to be or it could've been another player wearing #23 that had back to back 100 yards rushing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2010, 08:30:21 PM »
*sigh*

I liked thngs better when children might be seen but were rarely heard
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2010, 08:40:09 PM »
*sigh*

I liked thngs better when children might be seen but were rarely heard
*Burn*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2010, 08:54:49 PM »
How many of those teams were replacing both the leading rusher and leading passer regardless of how adequate or inadequate -- or record setting -- they were?  

That's the basis of my positon. Both. Not one.  

How much of the "leading passer", and "leading rusher" roles were attributable to Gus Malzhan and the play calling this year, versus simply the talent of the particular person in that role?

Did Todd, or Tate perform equally as well under the former offensive staff, or schemes?  

They progressed, and performed in their first year under this staff.   Is it not reasonable to assume that one, or more of the players taking over could perform equally, or better?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:55:32 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2010, 08:58:57 PM »
K, you're right, replacing both is a bigger challenge.  However, just because a younger guy played less than the senior, that doesn't mean they aren't as good or are equally "adequate".

Beanie Wells was limited in carries because Pittman was the older guy.  Moreno redshirted at Georgia simply becausw they had older guys they thought could get the job done.  Terrell Pryor started the year playing a few plays at a time while the senior Beockman started.  Since they weren't redshirting Pryor, they eventually switched to him.   Even Bo waited his turn to some extent.
I'm on my phone, so I'm done with the examples, but you get what I mean.  Just because a younger guy doesn't play much, it doesn't mean they aren't equally capable...sometimes it just means it's not their time yet.

Adrian Peterson and Herschel are pretty rare.  Most guys, even the Bradfords, Vince Youngs, and Leinarts of the world waited behind guys whom they were better than.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Token

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2010, 09:19:26 PM »
What the phuk is this?  5 pages and it's still on topic?

Blasphemy!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:21:04 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »
How much of the "leading passer", and "leading rusher" roles were attributable to Gus Malzhan and the play calling this year, versus simply the talent of the particular person in that role?

Did Todd, or Tate perform equally as well under the former offensive staff, or schemes?  

They progressed, and performed in their first year under this staff.   Is it not reasonable to assume that one, or more of the players taking over could perform equally, or better?

In a word?  No. 

It's perfectly acceptable to hope that this is the case, but nothing but wishful thinking -- failed wishful thinking we've experienced multiple times over the last 20 years -- to expect or assume as much. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2010, 10:47:43 PM »
In a word?  No. 

It's perfectly acceptable to hope that this is the case, but nothing but wishful thinking -- failed wishful thinking we've experienced multiple times over the last 20 years -- to expect or assume as much. 
Yes you're correct, the world is infact flat.  The moon is also made of cheese.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2010, 10:51:37 PM »
Yes you're correct, the world is infact flat.  The moon is also made of cheese.

Could you hand the phone to a rock, please?  It might make more sense than you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2010, 11:26:28 PM »
Could you hand the phone to a rock, please?  It might make more sense than you.
And I'm the dumbass?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2010, 11:42:12 PM »
I remember seeing a #18, #32, #27 and a #23 playing....a lot.  Maybe my eyes aren't what they used to be or it could've been another player wearing #23 that had back to back 100 yards rushing.

You saw #18 playing? I saw him on the field. I'm not sure Todd could have done worse running. If #18 touches the ball again, we are in trouble.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:42:46 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2010, 11:48:40 PM »

Blasphemy!!

The fucking world is coming to an end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2010, 07:58:54 AM »

Blasphemy!!

You're Ghey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »
In a word?  No. 

Fine.  I guess this does fit the pessimistic mentality that you project exclusively.  Maybe you can look at as a realist, and therefore, you're guided only by what trends and historical precedent allows you.  That's what you're doing.  Okay.  I guess that's the primary difference in how you approach this, and how some other folks do.  You're not alone here.  I'm not alone here.

As much as it's prudent to follow guidelines, trends and precedent and other situations, some situations allow you to look at the individual variables that make up the situation.  It won't always leave you on a parallel with trends and will be open to opinion.  It won't always be wishful thinking, except to those not capable of thinking outside the trends and precedent. 

If all this was ruled exclusively by numbers, trends and precedent, there would be no need for discussion.  We might as well shut down the boards and let the statisticians do their thing, sit back, and just watch what we know will already happen.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2010, 01:04:17 PM »
IMO, Fannin would be toting the ball if that shoulder could absorb some straight on contact. I'm not a doctor, but I remember that Will Herring was never the same player after his surgery. How many times have you heard someone say that Fannin was our best player. McCalleb cannot bang. Smith was all the talk last Spring.

And Chris Todd was a forgotten man this time last season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2010, 04:15:24 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2010, 04:18:23 PM »
If #18 touches the ball again, we are in trouble.
Why do you hate Wes Byrum?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions