Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

By next Wednesday

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
By next Wednesday
« on: January 22, 2010, 12:34:47 PM »
I was just listening to the JOXFM Rountable and their guest Curtis Luper. Coach Luper made a prediction of 1 or 2 big name commits by next Wednesday. Is just so happens Lache says he will choose next Wed. Who is the other?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:53:10 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: By next Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »
Not bashing him or anything, but he's made two such promises already that were waaaaaay behind teh time he specified.  I think I would just stay quiet from now on if I were him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
Not bashing him or anything, but he's made two such promises already that were waaaaaay behind teh time he specified.  I think I would just stay quiet from now on if I were him.

I think one was off by two days that turned out to be Newton. I dont really remember the other.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:49:21 PM »
Is just so happens Lattimore says he will choose next Wed. Who is the other?
Link?

I've seen he's not choosing until NSD or the night before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »
Link?

I've seen he's not choosing until NSD or the night before.

Sorry, I had a typo. Fixed it. Your right about Latt, I think the date he said was Feb, 2nd. For what its worth, I dont really think Lache Seastrunk is gonna commit to Auburn but who knows. I tend to think that the 1 or 2 he is referring to will be at the DL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 02:24:48 PM »
I think one was off by two days that turned out to be Newton. I dont really remember the other.

July 4th fireworks...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Aubie16

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 02:33:20 PM »
Luper talks a lot and lots of it ends up not being true. However, he does it for a purpose. He is all about creating momentum. Even if some of his "promises" don't turn out to be true, he has gotten people talking about our recruiting class and most of the time people don't even remember his exact promises.

This staff knows what it is doing in recruiting. Just don't take his statements too literal or you'll be disappointed. (If it is even possible to be disappointed with a Top 5 class)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 02:34:32 PM »
July 4th fireworks...

I think there was some that committed around that date but somebody with a better memory than I would have to comment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 02:37:18 PM »
I agree Aubie. I just heard it and thought I would share it. I hope it does come to pass has Luper says but Im not gonna lose sleep over it. I am very impressed with the class so far. I do tend to think that Luper was referring to the DL where he spent the majority of his conversation talking about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 03:07:55 PM »
Whitaker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 03:08:28 PM »
I think there was some that committed around that date but somebody with a better memory than I would have to comment.

I don't think July 4th was about commitments, but about another "Big Cat" type weekend that was supposed to be coming up.  But maybe Toomers kind of had them cool off on the hype for the weekend.  As I recall, they had a lot of visitors, but nothing big time happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

djsimp

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »
Whitaker.

Thats who I was thinking too, and Bryan(?) Jones from Arkansas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 03:37:51 PM »
I don't think July 4th was about commitments, but about another "Big Cat" type weekend that was supposed to be coming up.  But maybe Toomers kind of had them cool off on the hype for the weekend.  As I recall, they had a lot of visitors, but nothing big time happened.

Well, there were a couple of different times that Luper "predicted" some big time commits as Buzz was referring to but I actually that thought that the times Luper did predict, they came through. Of course, Im not sure how many times he has done that. I can think of two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »
Well, there were a couple of different times that Luper "predicted" some big time commits as Buzz was referring to but I actually that thought that the times Luper did predict, they came through. Of course, Im not sure how many times he has done that. I can think of two.

Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety, but I didn't bother buying any M-80's this year and was sorely disappointed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions