Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official Signing Day Thread

Aubie16

Re: Official Signing Day Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 11:50:34 AM »
George Baker just committed to South Florida.

So far today we have lost: Quinn, Davis, and Baker that we thought we had a great chance of signing today.

:flag: :flag: :flag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »
Just what in the Hell is going on around here?
Is Auburn a victim of some serious negative recruiting, or did the staff turnover really hurt that much?
It doesn't appear to be hurting bamer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 11:58:15 AM »
That could be beacuse only half of their turnover has happened before signing day.  Just a theory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »

Well, there's a big difference when you're comparing Will Muschamp and Al Borges to Private Appletart and Whoever The Hell.  Auburn's guys were big names.  Serious players with national recognition.  And it didn't help that we replaced them with Art Franklin and Dusty Rhodes.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 12:30:56 PM »
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand how you pull in a class out of the blue like this without a little out$ide help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »
Julio to UAT.  This is pretty bad, we got blown out of the water today...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Aubie16

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 12:59:45 PM »
Well Harry Adams and Jermaine Johnson are the only two we are still waiting for that have a chance to qualify. We need to make sure we get both of those.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 01:21:01 PM »
Forget the hyperbole for a minute. 

Objectively, is this approaching debacle territory? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 01:29:14 PM »
Forget the hyperbole for a minute. 

Objectively, is this approaching debacle territory? 
Two words.  N.  O.
It will still be a top 20 class, the only real problem is that CTT didn't "finish strong."  It looks much worse because the Fighting Sabbans cleaned our clock and will probably have the #1 class in the end.  IF this happens again next year, the words debacle and punked will come to mind though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »
Listen people, when life gives you lemons, what do you do?  Come on folks...what do you do?

OH FUCK A CRACK WHORE.  THIS SUCKS.  Literally EVERY highly ranked, high profile guy mooned us on the way out the door. It's not that I'm upset with the guys we got.  There are some serious athletes in the bunch and this class will NOT hurt Auburn.  HOWEVER, they're not going to take us to the next level either and that bunch of incestual waterheads across the State got everyone they wanted.  We now have to listen to them claim at least 2 more MNC's as a result of today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 01:42:57 PM »
We now have to listen to them claim at least 2 more MNC's as a result of today.
I'm so happy I moved desks so the prototype uat fan I work with can't bother me all day glowing like he's post-coital.
I'm staying far away from that side of the building. Taking detours if necessary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »
I'm so happy I moved desks so the prototype uat fan I work with can't bother me all day glowing like he's post-coital.
I'm staying far away from that side of the building. Taking detours if necessary.

I just don't understand why you all see this as a bad thing?  This just makes the fall from grace by them yearly all the sweeter. 

If it's because you can't handle their comments then we need to work on your game skillz.

They haven't won shit except a bunch of 18 year olds, who may or may not end up being good athletes and people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2008, 01:56:25 PM »
I don't want to put a damper on everyone's pity party, but come on.  We are doing everything the other sides wants us to right now.  We are badmouthing our class, which by the way has some pretty damn good player in it, we are going into "meltdown" mode and giving the Bammers the enjoyment of watching, we are badmouthing our coaches, and the list goes on and on.  This Bama class is loaded with instate players that somehow got ranked as the best in the country. Are we really to believe that the best talent in the country played highschool ball in Alabama.  I for one will wait until they either live up to the hype or fall miserably on their collective faces.

I have always said that I would much rather build a program with the second or third best players in Fla or Ga than live off the perrinnially over rated in state players that get ratings bumps the minute they start to lean to UAT.  We have had great success with this model and will continue to do so in the future.  Once Julio wins his 2-3 heismans I will feel bad for not landing him.  Until then he is just another one of those poor kids that will have to live in the shithole called Tuscaloosa.

I know that this may not always be true, but one of the problems you run into with a team full of blue chippers is their attitude and work ethic.  Many of these kids have gone through life being told that they are the greatest things since sliced bread and have been able to live off just having more god given talent than most of their competition in High school.  Getting these kids in College and having them put in the work nescessary to become stars is a tough thing to do.  With all of the immediate playing time being promised them, they have a tendency to sulk and become a cancer to the team when they don't get any freshman playing time or god forbid redshirt and play scout team.  

As for Tubbs, I believe that he is honest with most kids from the start, we want you to come to Auburn and if you work hard you can eventually earn playing time and be part of a special family.  If you happen to be better than anyone already here you will play (look at the freshman on the line last year).  However if you are not, which even most Blue Chippers are not ready to play D1 SEC ball, then we expect you work your hardest to earn your keep.  This approach does not work as well with some of the Prima Donna Bluechippers, but does work better for the TEAM.

Have faith in Auburn, we will always be better than UAT whether they beat us or not, after all we are able to call ourselves Auburn Tigers.  It is my opinion that the whining needs to stop, the badmouthing of our new players needs to stop, and the generaal doom and gloom needs to stop.

Peace Out!!!!

P.S. Let's do something more productive with our time like posting more pictures in the concourse
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 02:01:12 PM by AU89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 01:59:29 PM »
I was looking forward to today.  Boy was I a dumbass.  The only thing that I am hoping for now is Jerrell Harris, but the way todays been going, he'll be a fuckin bama boy. 

Question for anybody that feels like they can give a legit answer.  With bama signing all of these prospects, what's going to happen to this "awesome" class when they fill their schollies?  Where are the rest of these "stars" going to end up at?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 02:04:12 PM »
Let him go lose under Houston Nutt for a while.
Howard thats how I feel, I hope we kick the shit out of him and Nut Job  :fu:

It's been a rough day thats for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 02:06:22 PM »
I just don't understand why you all see this as a bad thing?  This just makes the fall from grace by them yearly all the sweeter. 

If it's because you can't handle their comments then we need to work on your game skillz.

They haven't won shit except a bunch of 18 year olds, who may or may not end up being good athletes and people.
It takes the likes of War Tim to find a silver lining in the events that took place today.

I was naive enough to think today would surprise us in a positive way, and it turned out to be quite the opposite, plain and simple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 02:15:36 PM »
I know this is wishful thinking.  I know, I know, I know.  But SOMETHING has to be going on for a program like Baymie to rack up this big.  Yes, Saban is a good recruiter.  We got it.  But what the hell attracted about 20 4-5 star kids to him all at one time?  The guy has been a colossal flop the last 3-4 years of his career, he's a colossal ass-wipe to be around, Bama has been a laughing stock in this conference for quite a while now, we own a 6 game winning streak..about to be 7.

What the fuck is going on????  There HAS to be some serious shenanigans and I'm calling em'.  I don't want to hear any shit about "well Saban could offer them immediate playing time....Bammie graduated this guy and that....blah fuckin' blah"  

I can take Bama having a better recruiting class.  No big deal.  But how many guys did we go head to head with?  Did we sign ANY of those kids?  

SHENANIGANS...plain and simple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 02:20:31 PM »
It takes the likes of War Tim to find a silver lining in the events that took place today.

I was naive enough to think today would surprise us in a positive way, and it turned out to be quite the opposite, plain and simple.

See I just don't see it that black and white.    It will be two years AT LEAST before anyone knows how good the recruiting classes being signed today will be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2008, 02:38:40 PM »
Maybe shenanigans, but really, I think it comes down to players that think they should play day one, and we've got serious talent only going into their second years of eligibility and established starter roles.  Seriously, our JUCO program, and our ability to fill needs over the past few years is evidence, that every once and a while you might have a year like this year.    Beyond the bullshit we'll have to listen to from the bammers, they don't have shit on the field yet, and that's the ONLY thing that matters.

It sucks we really don't have anything to gloat about maybe, when it comes to signing day today, but it wasn't a "BAD" class, and last time I looked, we're the ones that won the last six in a row.

As far as "talent that will take us to the next level", they're here.  They're learning, and they're only going to get better.   

I'm not blowing sunshine, I'm dissapointed in a few of the non-signees, but I sure as shit don't take this as ANYTHING to panic over.   Some of you guys need to get your panties plucked real quick.  You sound like a bunch of whiney bitches!!!  :poke:

SOOOO!!!    SILENCE YOU BABY BITCHES!....   :silence:

:vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 02:49:14 PM »
No.  I enjoy feeling like shit and whining like a bitch.  Seriously, I'm not upset with this class.  I truly think Bammie is back to their old ways.  The last time they signed this type of class, it got them slapped across the chops by the NCAA.  And that was for paying $150K for a fat, stupid defensive lineman.  He wasn't even close to the top signee in that class.  Does anyone think for one second that there wasn't about a cool million in "Bonuses" paid for that class?

Hell yes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions