Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The next non-SEC team to win a BCS NC- THREAD HIJACKED BY TUBS DISCUSSION

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: The next non-SEC team to win a BCS NC will be
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 03:16:54 PM »
I agree with Tuberville comparison. You have to give him at least 14 months like Chizik if you want to use current vs. current.
We'll see if TTU's top 5 in all recruiting rankings in a year.

I somehow doubt it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »

I somehow doubt it.

That's not a relevant comparison.  Are you saying recruiting to Texas Tech is the same recruiting to Auburn?  No, not even close....historically or currently.

Oh, and one more detail....Aleon Calhoun committed to Texas Tech today.  He's a 3-star, but he was recruited pretty hard by Texas A&M and Arkansas, and also had offers from Auburn (a lot of early interest from our staff), Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc.  Tech was not even listed among his leaders as recently as....this very moment. 

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:34:51 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jmar

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »

Tuberville-The duck hunting rumors were as damaging as any other reason one might concoct. And I think the subordinates rejected Franklin. The personnel not matching the spread hurt as well. Nick Saban didn't help matters with a decisive 36-0 blowout. No bowl game. Recruiting was already suffering.

Tuberville always seemed to keep things alive but it did not work with the hiring of Franklin. Tub's announced that Auburn was dedicated to the spread only the staff didn't get the memo and the team splintered in allegiance.
He LOST them.

Chizik-Started fresh with everyone working together. Malzahn is accepted and there is renewed enthusiasm. Personnel not so much a problem. Saban not so much an issue as team showed up respectably. Bowl win and signs of improvement including a recruiting boon, BETTER than all previous classes. (according to rankings)

Barfield to Dye  illness cured
Dye to Bowden  illness cured
Bowden/Oliver to Tuberville illness cured
Tuberville to Chizik  illness cured-and still improving.

Auburn prevails.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 05:28:49 PM »

I somehow doubt it.

Failed comparison 2.

Must consider history and tendency. Top rated recruiting classes aren't unprecedented for AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 06:27:56 PM »
Thread re-railed. 

Ohio State wins it next year.  They have a ton of talent coming back, and they'll get the hype machine rolling early.  I believe they play Miami which will be discussed as the marquee non-conference game of the early part of the season.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

boartitz

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 07:19:07 AM »

Ole Miss?  Typical Nutt turnaround next year and they will challenge for the West title even without Snead

I agree. Nutt will have them turned around next year. If they want to sniff cotton, they'll go down the road to Itta Bena to do it. He's getting more and more of his players now. I would almost bet that the Rebs don't even make a bowl. No way they challenge for the west unless you call 5th place challenging.
Signing day should be fun to watch for the Rebs. Then see how many of the guys he placed in JUCO last year get shitcanned.
I see Bama, LSU, Auburn, us and maybe even MSU finishing ahead of Ole Miss this year.
We're not gonna be stagnant. The scum also rises. Watch for us to have a running game this year to complement our passing. Still not there on defense, though. We'll burn and get burned.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:24:46 AM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »
Thread re-railed. 

Ohio State wins it next year.  They have a ton of talent coming back, and they'll get the hype machine rolling early.  I believe they play Miami which will be discussed as the marquee non-conference game of the early part of the season.

I like Iowa with Stanzi and good nucleus returning + home games v Wisconsin and Ohio State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »
I like Iowa with Stanzi and good nucleus returning + home games v Wisconsin and Ohio State.

Fuck Iowa.  They suck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 03:28:11 PM »
phuk Iowa.  They suck. 
Well I don't necessarily think that Iowa wins the MNC, but they probably suck enough to win the Big 11.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 03:37:57 PM »
Well I don't necessarily think that Iowa wins the MNC, but they probably suck enough to win the Big 11.

I know.  I was just kidding around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 03:50:09 PM »
I know.  I was just kidding around.
There really aren't that many decisively solid teams next year and generally there are a couple that leave a lasting impression. Not many feel THAT strongly about Iowa on this site, Ohio State either I'm guessing as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 05:07:13 PM »
There is some truth in this.
But here is one thing to note.  One rumor of Tuberville's departure was that the BOT, in an effort to create a reason to make him resign, ordered that he make wholesale changes on offense with his assistants.  The rumor is that he surprisingly agreed to this request.  That's why two days later, they decided they wanted him gone anyway and offered the severance. (yes, yes, all rumors).

But the point is this.  If he did, in fact, agree to this, I would say the chances of us having Malzahn under Tuberville this year were probably very, very good.  Not to mention, it wouldn't have been Malzahn and the same ole gang.  It would have been Malzahn and a new group.   A new group with an energized recruiting outlook.  A new group selling the same offense our current staff is selling.  

So it's hard to say how the 8-5 record may have varied.  Had we had Malzahn under Tuberville and bit better defense, we may have been 9-4.  But if we didn't have the current assistants we have, maybe the offense wouldn't have been quite as effective...who knows.

This is by far and away the most truthfull and accurate to the point posting I have yet to read on this site.
Mr. Dennis I have changed my opinion of you and you have single handedly given me hope that there are people of the Auburn persuasion that can see through the bullshit screen erected around the inner workings on the plains.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
Re: The next non-SEC team to win a BCS NC- THREAD HIJACKED BY TUBS DISCUSSION
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »
Oh yeah right to rerail this thread yet again. Ohio State and Boise this year with Tosu winning in a snooze fest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.