Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's why Jake Holland is more than a 3 star commitment, a lot more....

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Here's why Jake Holland is more than a 3 star commitment, a lot more....
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 08:06:21 PM »
From what I've seen on some boards, Shon Coleman is wavering a bit in his commitment to Auburn. Supposedly he is taking a little harder look at Alabama. What say you?
Well...that could explain the bump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
From what I've seen on some boards, Shon Coleman is wavering a bit in his commitment to Auburn. Supposedly he is taking a little harder look at Alabama. What say you?
I say not going to happen, remember Coach sabbin don't want no Auburn recruits....remember, that's what your inbred fanbase keeps repeating every year whenever Auburn lands a prospect that didn't have a bammer offer.  Again, I don't think it'll happen, but like I said when Auburn landed him...you know, when he didn't have any stars and when the bammers where laughing at his commitment and saying that he wasn't even good enough to garner any stars...that Auburn's going to have to fight to keep him, because he is that good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 11:00:13 PM »
I say not going to happen, remember Coach sabbin don't want no Auburn recruits....remember, that's what your inbred fanbase keeps repeating every year whenever Auburn lands a prospect that didn't have a bammer offer.  Again, I don't think it'll happen, but like I said when Auburn landed him...you know, when he didn't have any stars and when the bammers where laughing at his commitment and saying that he wasn't even good enough to garner any stars...that Auburn's going to have to fight to keep him, because he is that good.
Generally, when you don't offer somebody, that means you don't want them. So, when somebody says Alabama didn't want an Auburn player that Alabama didn't offer.....thats probably pretty accurate. I think its equally stupid for you to say that CNS never ever wants somebody that AU has. See: Petey Smith, Atchison, Willis, etc. I mean, I guess any guy we land that Auburn didn't offer we can go ahead and say AU wanted him? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 05:26:57 PM »
Jake Holland got his bump.....finally.  I'm not so sure on Shaun Kitchens getting a bump, I'll take him either way...just like I stated that I'd take Shon Coleman when he was a 3*.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Jake-Holland-87849
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »
So Holland is a 4* now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 05:58:28 PM »
So Holland is a 4* now?
According to rivals, yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jadennis

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 06:09:13 PM »
I was thinking that would happen after they seemed to like him at the Under Armour practices.

They listed him "honorable mention" twice.  One for "Nitro team defense" and the other for "stock rising".

Yeah, the "stock rising" kind of tipped us off that he may move up.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1035117

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1035297

And this write up sounds pretty damn good too given the competition he was with.

Though Jake Holland of Pelham, Ala., is the only inside linebacker on the team, he is incredibly strong and has proven he can stop the run. He also has five interceptions on the week and will make the quarterbacks think twice about throwing over the middle. Benson will also spend some time on the inside.

With the quickness of the linebackers on Team Nitro, any team would struggle with them. Though all the outside players are a bit undersized, Holland is an anchor in the middle.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 07:29:36 PM »
Ed Christian dropped from a 4* to a 3* today.

Kenneth Carter has been been (or will be soon) bumped from a 3 to a 4.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 10:23:44 PM »

Hmmm...right after Mack committed too.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 10:53:54 PM »

Kenneth Carter has been been (or will be soon) bumped from a 3 to a 4.

Kenneth Carter has received his 4th Star....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Kenneth-Carter-86064
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions