Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ambles...

Ambles...
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:20:35 AM »
Alabama is on him now.   

Rusty Mansell, a writer for scout, posted this morning that Trooper Taylor was at Ambles's school yesterday and that the chatter was that Ambles is very high on Auburn in the last two days. 

Would this suggest that Richardson might really be an academic casualty and Auburn is pursuing another WR?  Anyone else seen anything?  ...or heard?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Ambles...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 09:58:18 AM »
Alabama is on him now.   

Rusty Mansell, a writer for scout, posted this morning that Trooper Taylor was at Ambles's school yesterday and that the chatter was that Ambles is very high on Auburn in the last two days. 

Would this suggest that Richardson might really be an academic casualty and Auburn is pursuing another WR?  Anyone else seen anything?  ...or heard?
Alabama had an in-home visit with him on Monday. He didn't seem to like the looks of the depth chart as far as him getting early PT at Alabama, so I would think it is a long shot for us at this point. Supposedly there have been questions about his attitude and work ethic with alot of teams recruiting him, but I have no idea how much of that is real. His scouting report on his Rivals profile does mention some about work ethic and attitude issues, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:18:30 AM »
Alabama had an in-home visit with him on Monday. He didn't seem to like the looks of the depth chart as far as him getting early PT at Alabama, so I would think it is a long shot for us at this point. Supposedly there have been questions about his attitude and work ethic with alot of teams recruiting him, but I have no idea how much of that is real. His scouting report on his Rivals profile does mention some about work ethic and attitude issues, though.
Translation, we roll 5 deep at WR and he is lazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »
Translation, we roll 5 deep at WR and he is lazy.
Basically.

Seriously though, we don't lose any starters at WR, and there is a pretty good bit of talent behind those guys. We're signing a 5* in this class that could play WR as well. Thats alot to work through if you're set on starting your freshman year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 11:54:55 AM »
Rumor mill says that Amble may commit to AUburn today as well as Mack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 12:20:54 PM »
The only way I can like this is if the coaches are 100% that JR doesn't qualify.   I think with what spot we have left open we need to lock up a S.  If we get what some have predicted then we will finish up with:

Mack
Lattimore
Whitaker
Lemonier
Jones

That will give us the magical #30 will it not?  If I am mistaken and we have one more spot open up, I honestly rather take a S than a WR.  We will have Adams, TZach, Benton, Blake, Burns, Wisner, Stallworth, Gulley, Reed, Goodwin, Kitchens (maybe?) and Richardson/Ambles.  Seriously, I know this kid is supposed to be the shit, but I seriously think we need a S at this point.  Then again, they may be thinking that Davis, Howard, Kitchen or White can fill those needs.    <---- Tis why I don't make the big bucks nor do I coach.  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 12:21:03 PM »
Rumor mill says that Amble may commit to AUburn today as well as Mack.
Is this Prowler approved, Skreets?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »
Is this Prowler approved, Skreets?

No, I didnt say skreets because it wasnt from the guy(my skreets) that usually does the homework; that pertaining to Ambles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »
The only way I can like this is if the coaches are 100% that JR doesn't qualify.   I think with what spot we have left open we need to lock up a S.  If we get what some have predicted then we will finish up with:

Mack
Lattimore
Whitaker
Lemonier
Jones
Not so sure about Lemonier, but I'd say the rest are solids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 01:40:20 PM »
Not so sure about Lemonier, but I'd say the rest are solids.

Agree.  That is what others have predicted.......would really like to see Lemonier in O&B next year though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jadennis

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 01:50:12 PM »
The only way I can like this is if the coaches are 100% that JR doesn't qualify.   I think with what spot we have left open we need to lock up a S.  If we get what some have predicted then we will finish up with:

Mack
Lattimore
Whitaker
Lemonier
Jones

That will give us the magical #30 will it not?  If I am mistaken and we have one more spot open up, I honestly rather take a S than a WR.  We will have Adams, TZach, Benton, Blake, Burns, Wisner, Stallworth, Gulley, Reed, Goodwin, Kitchens (maybe?) and Richardson/Ambles.  Seriously, I know this kid is supposed to be the poop, but I seriously think we need a S at this point.  Then again, they may be thinking that Davis, Howard, Kitchen or White can fill those needs.    <---- Tis why I don't make the big bucks nor do I coach.  :)

We still have 5 more spots after Mack committed today.  So we could have room for Ambles even if we get everyone else on the list.  Also, we don't really know what the coaches plans are for some of those guys...five of our current guys are listed as "athletes" because they could end up on either side of the ball.  

Even Trovon Reed, could possibly play both ways.  He'd be a lot to give up on the offensive side of the ball, but when they threw him in at corner in the Army practices, those watching said he was among the best out there.  Not to mention....with Adams, Zach, Burns, and hopefully improved Benton and Blake...we may not miss Reed on that side of ball....especially if we can add Ambles.

Who knows....and hey, isn't this a nice problem to have?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:53:20 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »
We still have 5 more spots after Mack committed today.  So we could have room for Ambles even if we get everyone else on the list.  Also, we don't really know what the coaches plans are for some of those guys...five of our current guys are listed as "athletes" because they could end up on either side of the ball. 

Even Trovon Reed, could possibly play both ways.  He'd be a lot to give up on the offensive side of the ball, but when they threw him in at corner in the Army practices, those watching said he was among the best out there.  Not to mention....with Adams, Zach, Burns, and hopefully improved Benton and Blake...we may not miss Reed on that side of ball....especially if we can add Ambles.

Who knows....and hey, isn't this a nice problem to have?

Yes it is!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 02:20:53 PM »
Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but I would much rather see Whittaker, Jones and Lemonier than Ambles committing at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 02:41:10 PM »
Whitaker is ours to lose at this point. But so was Thornton....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 03:09:55 PM »
Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but I would much rather see Whittaker, Jones and Lemonier than Ambles committing at this point.
I don't think it's going to be a take Ambles at the sacrifice of any of those guys kind of thing.

Lemonier, I don't feel good about. But he's the best on the board, and the one I'd like the most. Scout 5*, Rivals 4*.

Whittaker I think is ours for sure. 4* by both site's accounts.

Jones will come if Thornton doesn't, which it doesn't sound like he is. Jones is a 4* Rivals, 3* Scout guy.

Speaking of, Thornton's a 4* guy per both sites.

Ambles is a Rivals 5*, Scout 4*.

So by stars alone, Ambles & Lemonier are the best available.

Considering we are pretty stacked at WR's and we absolutely need two more DT's, then I don't think our coaches are focusing on Ambles above either of the DT's (or all 3 including Thornton even), or even the DE Lemonier.

I think he's a plan-B. But not a bad plan-B to have.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:17:45 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »
Unless it changed in the last 3 days, Ambles is a 5 * on Rivals also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 03:16:02 PM »
Unless it changed in the last 3 days, Ambles is a 5 * on Rivals also.
Yeah, I had them flip-flopped.

Fixed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 06:04:57 PM »
Mike Thornton is, more than likely, going to UGA..."The ship has sailed on him" - Da Skreets

Auburn has room for 5 more players:

RB, Marcus Lattimore ***** (down to Auburn and South Carolina)
WR, Markieth Ambles ***** (open)
DE, Corey Lemonier **** (down to Auburn, FSU and Miami)
DT, Byran Jones **** - I really want this guy (reportedly a 425lb Bench Presser...built and plays like SenD)
DT, Jeffrey Whitaker **** (down to Auburn, UGA and Miami)

As for our WR situation....of the guys coming in, for this year's class:
Trovon Reed (WR...but can play CB if need be)
Shaun Kitchens (WR...but can play TE or LB if need be)
Antonio Goodwin (WR)
Jeremy Richardson (word on da skreets, it's going to take a lot of work by him, for him to qualify)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jadennis

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 06:10:50 PM »
Mike Thornton is, more than likely, going to UGA..."The ship has sailed on him" - Da Skreets

Auburn has room for 5 more players:

RB, Marcus Lattimore ***** (down to Auburn and South Carolina)
WR, Markieth Ambles ***** (open)
DE, Corey Lemonier **** (down to Auburn, FSU and Miami)
DT, Byran Jones **** - I really want this guy (reportedly a 425lb Bench Presser...built and plays like SenD)
DT, Jeffrey Whitaker **** (down to Auburn, UGA and Miami)

As for our WR situation....of the guys coming in, for this year's class:
Trovon Reed (WR...but can play CB if need be)
Shaun Kitchens (WR...but can play TE or LB if need be)
Antonio Goodwin (WR)
Jeremy Richardson (word on da skreets, it's going to take a lot of work by him, for him to qualify)

When Reed went to DB at Army practices, those watching said he was among the best on his team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 06:13:33 PM »
When Reed went to DB at Army practices, those watching said he was among the best on his team.
Yup, he is extremely athletic.  That's why he was the QB on his HS team, best player on the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs