Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Top Movies for 2010

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Top Movies for 2010
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:05:09 PM »
In going with what Kaos does with every movie that he sees.  I will post the top movies coming out this year, in no particular order.  Here's my first of, hopefully, many.

Ironman 2

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:44:29 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Bad Ass Movie This Year...#1
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 12:14:40 PM »
A Nightmare on Elm Street

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Bad Ass Movies for 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 12:22:55 PM »
Edge of Darkness

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »
The Crazies
Feb 26th

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 12:29:54 PM »
Iron Man 2 looks good. 

Nightmare on Elm Street?  Seriously?  I hate remakes.  Not only that, this looks EXACTLY like the first movies except the humor seems lost.  Freddy Kruegar was hilarious. 

Edge of Darkness looks like a vanilla crime drama. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 12:44:12 PM »
Season of the Witch
March 19th

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Top Movies for 2010
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 12:49:44 PM »
Smokin Aces 2: Assassin's Ball
Available on DVD Jan. 19th

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
Green Zone
March 12th

-------------------------------------------------------

Kick Ass

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 01:02:20 PM »
The Wolfman

----------------------------------------------------------------

Robin Hood
May 14th

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:08:09 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 01:11:09 PM »
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
May 28th

---------------------------------------------------------

The A-Team
June 11th

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:18:22 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 01:21:39 PM »
Grown Ups
June 25th

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 01:30:54 PM »
Despicable Me
July 9th

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 01:41:31 PM »
Solomon Kane
Release Date: TBA

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
Fuck off with the remakes and Part II's.  

What are you, 15?  The choices here tend to skew to that mindset.  

FWIW, this isn't anything like what I do.  I review a movie, give my opinion and usually post shots of the leading ladies, which as most guys will tell you, has a lot to do with whether we're interested in a movie or not.  

This thread clearly illustrates the difference between Kaos and Prowler.  

Kaos = Sees something and offers his personal opinion and analysis.  

Prowler = Re-posts what someone else has already done and has little of his own to add.

These differences manifest themselves in virtually every topic on the board, from football to recruiting to entertainment to politics.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:22:07 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 03:25:59 PM »
Fuck off with the remakes and Part II's.  

What are you, 15?  The choices here tend to skew to that mindset.  

FWIW, this isn't anything like what I do.  I review a movie, give my opinion and usually post shots of the leading ladies, which as most guys will tell you, has a lot to do with whether we're interested in a movie or not.  

This thread clearly illustrates the difference between Kaos and Prowler.  

Kaos = Sees something and offers his personal opinion and analysis.  

Prowler = Re-posts what someone else has already done and has little of his own to add.

These differences manifest themselves in virtually every topic on the board, from football to recruiting to entertainment to politics.

Really....where has someone posted what I think the Top Movies for 2010, besides me?  Maybe you should think before you open your face.  Same shit different day/topic, for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »
Really....where has someone posted what I think the Top Movies for 2010, besides me?  Maybe you should think before you open your face.  Same shit different day/topic, for you.

Trailers are not what you think, dumbass.  They are trailers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 03:52:51 PM »
Trailers are not what you think, dumbass.  They are trailers.
Yup, and I've been right on just about EVERY movie that has come out, on how good it'll be, just by using my intelligence, seeing who's in the movie and by watching the Trailer(s).

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Bad Ass Movie that I can't wait to see (Stupid remake...blah, blah, blah)
Halloween - See Above (see above)
The New Batman Movies - See Above (see above)
Old School - Funny Ass movie that I can't wait to see (It's funny parts are probably all in the Trailer)
Stepbrothers - Funny Ass movie that I can't wait to see (It's going to be stupid...blah, blah, blah)
Hangover - Funny Ass movie that I can't wait to see (It might be funny, looks promising, the Trailer probably showed all of the funny parts)

I could go on, but I really don't feel the need too...my point has been made.

I don't watch movies that are going to be crap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »
Yup, and I've been right on just about EVERY movie that has come out, on how good it'll be, just by using my intelligence, seeing who's in the movie and by watching the Trailer(s).

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Bad Ass Movie that I can't wait to see (Stupid remake...blah, blah, blah)
Halloween - See Above (see above)
The New Batman Movies - See Above (see above)
Old School - Funny Ass movie that I can't wait to see (It's funny parts are probably all in the Trailer)
Stepbrothers - Funny Ass movie that I can't wait to see (It's going to be stupid...blah, blah, blah)
Hangover - Funny Ass movie that I can't wait to see (It might be funny, looks promising, the Trailer probably showed all of the funny parts)

I could go on, but I really don't feel the need too...my point has been made.

I don't watch movies that are going to be crap.

Yeah.  Your point has been made. 

Fail, Fail, Everybody (including me) was eager to see Batman franchise rebooted, Fail, Fail, Fail. 

Holy SHIT, you're really going with those as your "victories" 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :moon: :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »
Yeah.  Your point has been made. 

Fail, Fail, Everybody (including me) was eager to see Batman franchise rebooted, Fail, Fail, Fail. 

Holy SHIT, you're really going with those as your "victories" 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :moon: :rofl:

Everyone has seen how SHITTY your opinions have been on the movies....so, with you saying "fail" on all of my movies, is really a complement, so thank you.  You should quit, while you can...because I'm just beating the fuckin' shit outta you and I ain't even tryin'...it could get worsT and it won't be very pretty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »
Okay, so I'll do what you should have done, but couldn't do.

IronMan 2 -  Has two directions it could go.  It could fall prey to the Transformers 2 curse and while being enormously successful fail to live up to its predecessor.  Or, it could follow Batman and Star Wars or even Harry Potter and be both good and successful. I tend to think that this film will lose some of the easy charm that made Iron Man such a cool movie and will end up being a little bloated. But it also loses Terence Howard, who is vastly overrated and frankly, just plain sucks as an actor. So that's a positive. Will end as one of the biggest three movies money-wise of 2010. And will be good fun.

Nightmare on Elm Street - Enough already.  Michael Bay as the director guarantees that a lot of shit will blow up. That was fine in Transformers, but even there the action sometimes obliterated the story and it was hard to tell what was going on.  That he's attached gives some hope that this won't be a steaming pile of shit like Rob Zombie's Halloween clusterfucks but Bay's already done more than his share of "franchise reboots."  He was part of Hitcher, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw remakes already. None of them were worth the time it took to make them. Enough, bitch. Quit fucking around with this.

Edge of Darkness - We already saw this movie when it was called Payback. Or maybe Ransom.  Or Lethal Weapon.  No thanks.

The Crazies - We already saw this movie when it was funny as Slither. We already saw this movie when it was called Quarantine. Or Night of the Living Dead. Or 28 Days Later. Or Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead or something of the Dead.  Would take a significant actor/actress or something major to elevate it.  Fail.

Season of the Witch Nicholas Cage in the 14th Century.  Fail-oh-matic. Epochal fail.  Faility fail fail.  If they were maybe remaking that wacky third Halloween, I could get it.  But then Michael Bay or Rob Zombie would be attached, shit would blow up or spatter and it would try to overcome suckage with bombs or gore. Wouldn't suck as bad as this is likely to.

Smokin' Aces II Hey, here's a novel idea.  Let's take a movie that really wasn't worth a shit to begin with, get rid of Jeremy Piven, Ben Affleck, Ray Liotta, Andy Garcia, Alicia Keys, Jason Bateman and anybody else worth a fiddling fuck, replace them with Tom Berenger and a bunch of no-name fucks and make a movie with 1/3 the budget.  Yeah.  This is the fail of all fucking fails.  You realize this shit-fest was booted out of theater rotation and is going STRAIGHT TO DVD, right?  Yeah, that's a major sign of success for a film.  I really want to rush out and, well, I can't rush out and see it because nobody's showing it.  What a fucking fail fest.  Zero on a scale of 1 to 5. That this fuck-tastick fuckity fuck is on the list pretty much sets the bar. At zero.

Green Zone Looks like another "American government is shady" type movie, but appears to have potential. So far on the list, the only one other than Ironman that looks seriously promising.  Damon has done a much better job at picking roles than his buddy Affleck, but Ben one upped him in the wife department.  

Kick Ass - Good potential, but how many times have you seen movie studios fuck up good potential.  Strike one here is Nicktheass Cage.  Strike two is Nicktheass Cage.  It's got a 1 in 3 chance of living up to its premise.  

The Wolfman Interesting casting.  Hopkins lends credence to whatever he appears  in.  This one has potential.  

Robin Hood Saw this before when it was called Braveheart.  Or Gladiator. Or King Arthur. Or Robin Hood.  When the only thing you have to add to a story is to make it bloodier and more violent, there's no need to tell it.  This movie will probably draw well, but it's useless.  Fucking useless.

Prince of Persia -  Looks boring.  Didn't even finish watching the trailer. But it's Disney-made so it will probably turn out better than expected like Pirates of the Caribbean did.  Or it could turn out shitty like that cartoon about the black frog or whatever they just put out.  Completely meh here.  Jake G does nothing for me, either.  Not much of an actor and his sister is worse.   Glad that bitch died in Batman so she can't pollute future films.

The A-Team  Fuck this.  The fake Mr. T just pisses me off. Liam's struggle to have anything resembling an American accent is also a dud.  I vote no. And no again.

Grown Ups If there was a grade lower than F, this would get it.  This is like Satan had a nightmare.  Kevin James -- zero fun, sir. Adam Sandler - ran out of fun 15 years ago. Rob Schneider - has sucked ass since the day of his birth, except when he was makin' copies.  David Spade - 15 minutes called, his was up years ago.  What the bleeding fuck is Chris Rock doing slumming in this dreadful shit?  How many other washed up SNL alums can you cram into this shit fest?  Where's Maya Rudolph? Norm MacDonald? Tim Meadows? Collin Quinn?  Oh, right. They're all in this trainwreck, too.  I hope Satan wakes up before this god awful nightmare actually makes it to the screen.  

Despicable Me - Animated movies have become so prolific that they're not longer guaranteed. This appears to have a decent premise, but based on the little bit the trailer showed the execution is going to be somewhat lacking.  

Solomon Kane Seen this before, too, under some other name.  It was shitty then and it will be shitty now.  

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:46:40 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions