Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Army of Two: The 40th Day

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Army of Two: The 40th Day
« on: January 14, 2010, 08:26:10 AM »
Anyone who likes coop gamplay and/or third person shooters should give it a rent.  Don't think it is a buy just because of what it's replayability is (or isn't) but the graphics are solid.  
It builds a little on the first one but can be enjoyably played without having ever played the first one.

The things that made the first one good are still present in this one.  You must act tactically or you will not survive.  There is a reason it is not called Army of One.  

Conversely the things that hampered the first one have not been fixed.  This is an EA game which means you will be disconnected from their server semi-regularly while playing coop.  EA has always done a great job with their servers when it comes to it's sports games.  Not so much for any other genre though.  

Overall I give it a 7 if you are playing it by yourself and and 8 if you have a buddy to team up with.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:26:53 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Army of Two: The 40th Day
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 10:14:54 AM »
I saw a commercial the other night for this.  I was thinking about it, but I think I will hold off for a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 10:30:28 AM »
I saw a commercial the other night for this.  I was thinking about it, but I think I will hold off for a while.

Wait till the used copies start hitting the market.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 10:48:38 AM »
Any new games coming out soon worth a shit Sani?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »
Any new games coming out soon worth a shit Sani?

This one.

For RPG Mass Effect 2 comes out in two weeks.  Looks real solid.

Shooters the next best one I am expecting is "Brink". 7 player coop with a new engine driving it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/e3-2009/5451135/E3-2009-Brink-video-game-first-look.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 11:56:42 AM »
Shooters the next best one I am expecting is "Brink". 7 player coop with a new engine driving it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/e3-2009/5451135/E3-2009-Brink-video-game-first-look.html
oooh me likey
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 02:01:48 PM »
A buddy of mine's buying a Ps3 in April just to play Red Dead Revolver. That game must rock your face off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »
Bioshock 2 comes out in a few weeks too.  That and Mass Effect 2 have been on my must buy list for quite some time.  If you haven't tried Bioshock 1 yet, go rent it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 03:29:32 PM »
Bioshock 2 comes out in a few weeks too.  That and Mass Effect 2 have been on my must buy list for quite some time.  If you haven't tried Bioshock 1 yet, go rent it.

Listen to him.

He's premed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 08:59:19 PM »
I thought I was prelaw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 06:54:49 AM »
I thought I was prelaw.

Same difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 09:59:54 AM »
My roommate and I had a good time playing the first. We've picked up the 2nd one but haven't really had a chance to start playing yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010