Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Take it for what its worth

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Take it for what its worth
« on: January 15, 2010, 12:00:58 PM »
I thought I would share an article with you guys from al.com on Cameron Newton.
http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2010/01/ding_rush_propst_says_cameron.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Take it for what its worth
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »
Propst is a flaming asshole, but he does know a little bit about spread offenses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jadennis

Re: Take it for what its worth
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »
I found that Rivals recap back when Newton's name came up.  There were quite a few things about him in the archives.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=626223

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=626180

Best of the East offense: Quarterback Cameron Newton was electric during many of his drives and showed flashes of why it's possible for him to play ahead of some of the more known names at Florida during the coming years. The 6-foot-5 Newton is huge for a quarterback, but has excellent running ability. Thursday night, he showed off an accurate arm, hitting 8-of-12 passes for 181 yards and a touchdown.

Biggest East surprise: Newton showed signs of his true potential with his showing Thursday night. The Gators have a good one heading into town.

5. Cameron Newton, QB, Atlanta (Ga.) Westlake
Everyone talks about Newton's size and athleticism, but during the game he proved he could be an accurate passer when the lights come on, completing 8-of-12 passes for 181 yards and a touchdown. He also showed his quickness, wiggle and high end speed when he ran the football. Newton also has the leadership skills and confidence that a quarterback needs. He is already enrolled at Florida. The Gators got a good one.

This is from a list of the "Hot 11" from the Florida recruiting class that year.  Newton was tied for #2 with Joe Haden, just behind Carlos Dunlap, and in front of Aaron Hernandez, Major Wright, and Chris Rainey.

2) (tie) 6-foot-4, 230-pound quarterback Cameron Newton Atlanta (Ga.) Westlake 29-points

Role: He has the most upside of any QB target that UF has recruited in the past few years. He is more polished than many give him credit for, and he is a pure play maker and leader with the ball in his hands. where he can then use his speed and elusiveness to make plays.

Competition: With only Tim Tebow returning at the quarterback slot, one of the freshmen is likely to forgo a redshirt year. The fact that Newton is an early enrollee gives him the jump on John Brantley.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 12:33:19 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor