Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

John Saunders On The Sports Reporters...

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: John Saunders On The Sports Reporters...
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 10:40:05 AM »
Leigh Tiffin - All Time Leading Scorer. That's a fucking joke, man.
I don't think its all that unusual for kickers to be top scorers on a team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 10:46:33 AM »

I know. That fact that he's Alabama's as inconsistent as he's been is joke-worthy, you have to admit. He ended his career with a great doink though.  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 10:48:40 AM »

Most of the time they are.

Here's another what if....WHAT IF Nebraska has a kicker who knows how to kick a normal kickoff? What if Nebraska learns how to tackle without using the horsecollar? You are right. What ifs are everywhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »
I know. That fact that he's Alabama's as inconsistent as he's been is joke-worthy, you have to admit. He ended his career with a great doink though.  :thumbsup:
My butthole's pucker factor normally goes up some when he is about to kick. He can nail it from a hash from like 60 yards out and still have some leftover, but God knows he will fuck up a PAT. He's not horribly inconsistant, though. He's missed 5 field goals in 35 attempts this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »
My butthole's pucker factor normally goes up some when he is about to kick. He can nail it from a hash from like 60 yards out and still have some leftover, but God knows he will fuck up a PAT. He's not horribly inconsistant, though. He's missed 5 field goals in 35 attempts this season.

Well, I'm sure his career in motor home sells won't suffer just as long as they don't bring him in to close the deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 11:09:50 AM »
Well, I'm sure his career in motor home sells won't suffer just as long as they don't bring him in to close the deal.
Actually, I think he will make it to the NFL. He's got a hell of a leg, and is a good clutch kicker. Thats something I can give him props for....he makes them when we need it, for the most part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 11:14:35 AM »
Actually, I think he will make it to the NFL. He's got a hell of a leg, and is a good clutch kicker. Thats something I can give him props for....he makes them when we need it, for the most part.

I'm surprised WJOX or WNSP hasn't given him a show yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 11:29:09 AM »

I would not hire him to kick for my NFL team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

jadennis

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 11:41:03 AM »
Did they? I didn't even start watching until after Bradford went out.

Anyway, thats sort of been my point about the whole "Alabama only won because McCoy wasn't in" argument. Its hypothetical. Sure, it gave is a damn good opportunity. But its part of football. Dareus certainly wasn't trying to knock him out. It just happened. A few Texas fans at work were pissed off, but when I said the same thing about them winning against Oklahoma, they didn't have much left to say.

What if McElroy didn't have a fractured rib? What if we had Hightower? What if Marquis Johnson didn't have a broken thumb? What if Ingram didn't have an ankle injury wasn't a big PUSS? What if McClain wasn't receiving IV fluids twice before the game and once at halftime? What the phuk if? It works both ways.

See changes above.

Mostly kidding.

I don't know that Colt being in the game would have given Texas too much of a better chance.  Let me clarify that....if everything else was exactly the same, and the only change was McCoy at QB, then sure, Texas likely would have won.

But the thing is, Alabama did what they did based on the game being 24-6.  They were content to ride that lead, not take chances, etc.  Had it been 14-6, then 14-13, then 21-20, etc, both teams would have played the game completely differently.  

Nearly every championship game winner and championship game loser has "what ifs".   Like, Ohio State's was "what if we didn't get here just because our conference sucks?".  USC's was "what if Reggie Bush didn't try to lateral the ball for no reason inside the 20?".  

Think of Nebraska's whole season....what if they didn't turn the ball over EIGHT times against Iowa State.  What if they didn't have blown coverage on ONE play at the end of the Virginia Tech game?  What if they didn't kick the ball out of bounds against Texas?

There's no excuse for the Texas Tech loss (31-10), but Nebraska could easily have been 12-1, Big 12 champs, and played in the Fiesta Bowl with a chance at a 13-1 season.  

What if, what if.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:50:43 AM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

boartitz

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 12:28:26 PM »
Just wondering - does it still count as a generation when they inbreed? :blink:  Cuz if not, then most of their fan base is still first generation...
A generation = 15 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »
A generation = 15 years.
Yeah, but if your daughter is 14 when you get her pregnant, does that make her kid first generation or second generation?  Damn that bammer math...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 01:03:16 PM »
Yeah, but if your daughter is 14 when you get her pregnant, does that make her kid first generation or second generation?  Damn that bammer math...
Maybe it depends on if her older kid was by your son or your brother
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 06:42:33 PM »
I like meth...I mean math.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs