Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anyone know of this "agent" out of Houston?

jadennis

Anyone know of this "agent" out of Houston?
« on: January 11, 2010, 05:19:13 PM »
I've read a couple places that Lache Seastrunk and Ahmad Dixon are both hooked up with some "street agent" kind of guy (like Bryce Brown had) and that it was a major reason Auburn had backed off of both guys.

Anyone...errr any skreets know of this?  I also saw Trovon Reed's name mixed in the discussion, but primarily it was in regards to Seastrunk.  This was the first I had heard about it, but apparently this guy has been linked to quite a few recruits, such as Brandon Lafell, Terrance Tolliver, Trent Richardson, Mike Goodson, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Anyone know of this "agent" out of Houston?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »
This is the only thing that would make sense, in regard to why we backed off the way we did...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 07:37:54 PM »
The Skreets tell me agents are bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 07:42:47 PM »
http://barkingcarnival.fantake.com/2009/06/21/the-street-agent-%E2%80%93-here-to-destroy-your-college-football-soul/

The Street Agent – Here to Destroy Your College Football Soul
Posted by CloseToJumping on June 21st, 2009 under Football, Recruiting

Some folks that read this site probably aren’t even old enough at this point to remember a time in college basketball when it wasn’t dominated at a recruiting level by the AAU programs. Hell, I might be one of them. What I know and don’t need to have recollected to me is that AAU and the shoe companies have effectively sullied the recruiting landscape for college basketball in ways that are probably irrevocable. That’s another post for another poster, hopefully at some other point down the line.

Why do I bother typing about that anyway? Well, it’s pretty simple. College football is currently being ruined at the recruiting level in much the same way, albeit by a different deathdealer than the AAU programs. No, what’s happening in college football revolves around individual men dealing with individual players in very unseemly ways that is beginning to look a lot like human slavery. I don’t mean to sound dramatic, but if you think about the scenarios playing out at this point, maybe you can offer a different term.

What is a street agent, anyway?

We’ve seen this term pop-up a lot over the past few years. Really, the concept here is pretty simple and rarely varies.

A street agent is a person informally representing high school football players, ostensibly present to help the athlete ensure that he is selecting the right college for himself. Usually, the agent is involved with negotiating which schools the player will camp at, unofficially visit, officially visit, commit to, and ultimately sign with through the entirety of the recruiting process. Were it all altruism, this might sound like a pretty good deal for the players, especially those without a good father figure around to help them make the right decisions.

Unfortunately, altruism has very little to do with the process. Street agents are shrewd, street smart guys and they’re not doing this for anyone else’s good but their own. They’re usually paid for each step of the way by individuals associated with schools that will deal with them. They ingratiate themselves with the athletes by finding their targets, feeling them out about their family and values, and working their way in. Social aspects matter in this set-up and these guys are preying on the athletes without strong paternal ties, portraying themselves as father figures, for their own betterment and little else.

Why is this a big deal, now?

Up to this moment in time, few entities have been more powerful in the ranks of college football recruiting than the Texas high school football coach. He’s held the hands of players, run off the bad elements, and counseled the mommas. Yeah, there are exceptions that can be pointed to, but those are exceptions proving the rule.

Now, the game is changing. Specifically, the 7 on 7 tournaments in the summer time, the camps in the summer time, the elite camps in the summer time, these are all giving people more access to players than they’ve previously gotten. Beyond that, communicating with players has become unfathomably easier within the high school world than just a decade ago. High speed & wireless are everywhere. Anyone can afford a wireless phone. Chat, Facebook, texting, etc., all make it easier for the insidious to infiltrate. As these guys dig further into the Texas ranks, the power of the legitimate entities that clean schools like Texas rely upon in the players’ lives, such as the coaches, is dramatically weakened. As that starts to unfold, it becomes harder to recruit and win on the level.

The Street Agent does more damage to Texas than almost any other school

It is happening right now, this very summer. One of these guys in particular is based out of Houston and he’s been a player for a while now. He’s the answer to many of the questions surrounding various mysteries in the recruiting realm over the past 5 years.  Not all of the players involved have hailed from Houston, as his reach is certainly expanding.

Remember RJ Jackson’s recruitment?

How about Brandon Lafell’s?

How about Terrance Toliver’s?

Michael Goodson’s?

How about Trent Richardson’s recruitment, then? How’s that for recent?

I wonder where the recruitment of Tony Hurd and Shaun Lewis goes from here forward?

Is this getting any closer to home for you?

Ok, well, remember that tournament in Las Vegas a month or so ago?

Lewis was there. So was Ahmad Dixon.

The Lache Seastrunk recruitment has certainly had its ups and downs. The ties with Travon Reed are certainly myriad. They really might wind up in the same spot.

Understand that the players themselves, in any situation with a street agent, usually doesn’t know much of anything. They’re happy for the help and the guidance. Do their families benefit? Sometimes, you’d have to think. A lot of times, a mom is just happy to have a paternal figure helping their kiddo out.  Just know that the underhandedness in any of this usually does not come from the player’s direction. That’s not always true, of course, but it’s often the case.

Understand, I’ve never met the dude and everything is just hearsay, to be certain. But there are guys out there who have heard of him and know him well. Coaches, gurus, players, parents.

If you want to know who is rumored playing the game with the street agents, you don’t have to look very far.

Honestly, how well do we really believe programs can control boosters? Some schools don’t even want to control them, or the coaches.

LSU, could be playing the game.

Alabama.

Auburn.

USC.

Tennessee.

Who signed some of these guys?

Yes there are others, but these places have embraced the game.

Going rates at some places are rumored to be $3000 for a camp visit. $12,000 for a commitment. $36,000 for the signature.

That may sound extreme, but you have ignored the SEC if you doubt it. Spend some time around a big time kid’s high school games in a place like Houston, or talk to some folks that are involved with the whole recruiting game, and pictures can become pretty clear.

I’m wondering why a good school like Texas, doing things legitimately, and there are others like them, doesn’t go out and hire a private investigator and have this stuff looked at. It is endangering the lifeblood of the program. If payments happen, does the IRS know? Does the involved school know? These are all interesting questions.

We could always look at things and think to ourselves, “Well, Texas will always get its fair share.”  We’ve thought that before.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:05:19 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »
Yeah, the SEC are the only ones to do this... Texas is SO CLEAN!!!!  ALL HAIL MACK!!!!!!!

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:**

** I have to use this icon unless someone comes up with a female equivalent...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 08:12:59 PM »
Yeah, the SEC are the only ones to do this... Texas is SO CLEAN!!!!  ALL HAIL MACK!!!!!!!

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:**

:pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb:

will that do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 08:16:38 PM »
:pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb:

will that do?
No... that is the Happy Nanner Baseball Taunting Kiss of Death Dance.  Use it to taunt your opponent even once and your team sucks ass for eternity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 08:22:06 PM »
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?sp=9587303&s=2&p=9580793

Texas fans on Rivals claiming...  

Born,
My sorce claims he is in contact with some UT coaches and I've been aware for a while that UT was worried about this guy who showed up during the 7 on 7 tourny at aTm. Well UT has reason to be afraid of "street agents" because this is what took Scott away from them last year. Born you need to keep a look out for anybody new hanging around Lache and/or his family. UT noticed this with Scott then lost him to a college in Colorado. This guy targets kids without fathers and moves in with the kid and tries to claim he is an uncle or cousin to keep from raising eyebrows. His first move is to be a trainer, that's how he gets in with the kids at first. Then he will try to get the kid to distance himself from his closest friends. Thus causing isolation from everybody, but the "street agent." With the isolation no one is close enough to watch as he turns a kid on the the college who hired him. In this case rumors are aTm or USC has hired a "sreet agent" to chase Lache. Only desperate colleges like aTm will take the risk or colleges above the arm of the NCAA law like USC. Be on the lookout I would hate to see Lache lose eligablity because of some loser who rips off disadvantage kids without fathers.

Tobatigerfan, I don't think Lache or his mother has hired this guy the horns are talking about. If this guy has taken over LS recruitment then it is because he has convenced Lache to trust him and LS doesn't have a clue this guy could be after a payday at his expense. As far as I know Lache and his mom are doing all the recruiting visits alone. Double check you information before you start writing stuff that might not be true.

I cannot believe 'sreet agent' individuals are hired to insure a high school recruit lands at a particular university. To think that scum-bucket people prey on fatherless (or at risk) 16-17-18 year old recruits is mind boggling to say the least. Initiation of such a process would be a direct action by a university's coaching staff.

With the NCAA monitoring recruiting activity, I would think that money would be traceable and if the same individual showed up in more than one recruit's life, and suddenly became a 'friend' of the new family, coaches with integrity would have such an outrage the NCAA would be forced to butt-slap not only the 'street' agent, but the university as well ---even to the death penalty.

I am sorry, but I am not buying this 'street' agent business. Coaches of integrity would be camping out on the NCAA's doorstep to stop such activity. This entire concept makes me sick at my stomach. Such adverse activity is about as logical as the 'poker chip' theory.

Is this another created excuse by a 'Texas Fan Board' as a reason why MB is losing so many Texas recruits?

It is difficult for me to accept that such activity really exists.]I cannot believe 'sreet agent' individuals are hired to insure a high school recruit lands at a particular university. To think that scum-bucket people prey on fatherless (or at risk) 16-17-18 year old recruits is mind boggling to say the least. Initiation of such a process would be a direct action by a university's coaching staff.

With the NCAA monitoring recruiting activity, I would think that money would be traceable and if the same individual showed up in more than one recruit's life, and suddenly became a 'friend' of the new family, coaches with integrity would have such an outrage the NCAA would be forced to butt-slap not only the 'street' agent, but the university as well ---even to the death penalty.

I am sorry, but I am not buying this 'street' agent business. Coaches of integrity would be camping out on the NCAA's doorstep to stop such activity. This entire concept makes me sick at my stomach. Such adverse activity is about as logical as the 'poker chip' theory.

Is this another created excuse by a 'Texas Fan Board' as a reason why MB is losing so many Texas recruits?

It is difficult for me to accept that such activity really exists.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:23:08 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 09:26:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 11:26:56 PM »
The only thing I have heard about Seastrunk was his declining grades and that it. I also heard just today that LS has backed off USCw and it now considering Memphis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 08:23:24 AM »
Maybe Ahmad Dixon simply didn't want to go to AU? And to think, you guys claim that Alabama fans go all crazy and shit when somebody doesn't pick Alabama. There doesn't have to be some long conspiracy excuse. You can't get them all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 08:32:07 AM »
Maybe Ahmad Dixon simply didn't want to go to AU? And to think, you guys claim that Alabama fans go all crazy and shit when somebody doesn't pick Alabama. There doesn't have to be some long conspiracy excuse. You can't get them all.

You're a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 08:36:01 AM »
You're a dumb ass...
And you're not? Thats news.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 09:05:10 AM »
Maybe Ahmad Dixon simply didn't want to go to AU? And to think, you guys claim that Alabama fans go all crazy and poop when somebody doesn't pick Alabama. There doesn't have to be some long conspiracy excuse. You can't get them all.

Who here is going crazy? Its a discussion about recruiting. Make of it what you will to make yourself feel better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 09:14:18 AM »
Maybe Ahmad Dixon simply didn't want to go to AU? And to think, you guys claim that Alabama fans go all crazy and poop when somebody doesn't pick Alabama. There doesn't have to be some long conspiracy excuse. You can't get them all.

Dude does not have grades. Many schools backed off of him.  He won't get into most schools barring some kind of miraculous academic turnaround. And yes - both Auburn and Texas backed off this kid. He surely wasn't gonna get into Baylor either. Tenn is taking a chance here because he is THAT good of a player.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 09:20:30 AM »
Pfft...everybody knows that any kid worth a dime would crawl through broken glass just to walk on at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 10:00:43 AM »
You're a dumb ass...

Consistency.  It's a characteristic lost in today's society. 

I commend you for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions