Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why The Negativity?

Token

Re: Why The Negativity?
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2010, 09:35:07 AM »
ABSOLUTELY agree.  100%.

I'm not defending GW's position so much as I am defending his right to express it without the attack dogs -- and they're not really dogs, more like teacup chihuahuas -- coming out and barking their heads off at him.  

So long as Prowler and his ilk (and you know who his ilk is) are allowed (and in some cases celebrated for)  their irrational, illogical, asinine ramblings then GW shouldn't be derided for the same.  There's your double standard, Token.  

Prowler IS Greasyweasel.  He may be even worse.  When the two are treated equally, I won't have to attempt to provide the counter balance.  

For the record, I don't know GW at all.  I find his explosive rants to be somewhat amusing, particularly in terms of the riots they inevitably incite.  He knows what he's doing.  Dance puppets, dance.  

Then we agree.  The whole lot of them are assholes with flawed opinions.

He knows what he's doing.  Dance puppets, dance.

:rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »
Not as many jump on Prowler.

I do. 

And, ironically, I think this is the first time I've ever responded to any of Greasy's bullshit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »
While Prowler may have his faults, he is a world apart from the vaccuous broken record of the same moronic and completely simply incorrect nonsense Greasey spews.

He could at the very least recognize a football in a lineup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2010, 10:26:56 AM »
I'm not defending GW's position so much as I am defending his right to express it without the attack dogs  

:doh:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »
While Prowler may have his faults, he is a world apart from the vaccuous broken record of the same moronic and completely simply incorrect nonsense Greasey spews.

He could at the very least recognize a football in a lineup.

I think Kaos was pointing out the similarities though...and there are quite a few.

GW blindly follows "I personally hate Chizik" and is relentless to everyone that he is right.

Prowler blindly follows his "skreets" and is relentless to everyone that he is right.

It's the same thing on opposite sides...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »
Who the fuck left you in charge of everyone's personal time?  Prowler works his 40(probably more), and pays his taxes.  Who the fuck are you to decide what he should or should not do in his spare time?  He wants to spend 5 hours a day on the internet looking up football related shit?  It's none of your fucking business.  He, wants to be a freak and sell it on the weekend?  You guess it. None of your fucking business.

Kaos spends more time than he should defending your preposterous opinions.  Because you are exactly like "them".  If they don't share your "Chizik is da devil and everything is ruined" attitude, they aren't on Auburn's side?  Just because you are on the opposite side of the spectrum doesn't make your opinion more valid than theirs.

So shut the fuck up, you thick-headed, vacuous, bitch.

I think we all are missing what's really the main idea here:  Token really misses the R&B Supergroup Salt-n-Pepa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2010, 12:30:11 PM »
I think Kaos was pointing out the similarities though...and there are quite a few.

GW blindly follows "I personally hate Chizik" and is relentless to everyone that he is right.

Prowler blindly follows his "skreets" and is relentless to everyone that he is right.

It's the same thing on opposite sides...
I guess...

But regardless of the source of his information, at least Prowler is contributing to conversations on the board, rather than brainlessly parroting out "Chizik is a fucking idiot and will burn Auburn to the ground!!!11 If u don't see that u'r not a true Auburn person!!!!!!eleven"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2010, 12:34:32 PM »
I guess...

But regardless of the source of his information, at least Prowler is contributing to conversations on the board, rather than brainlessly parroting out "Chizik is a fucking idiot and will burn Auburn to the ground!!!11 If u don't see that u'r not a true Auburn person!!!!!!eleven"

Sancho-zad?  That you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2010, 12:39:22 PM »
I guess...

I don't play the "Auburn Man/Auburn Woman" card because I find that very cheap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2010, 12:52:45 PM »
I get the idea that the two types of opinions often come from the same type of flawed logic.   Hence the Prowler / GW comparison.

But I have to say....the Weasel is not the opposite of anyone on here.  He stands alone in the fact that he typically carries NO logic in his arguments.  

Kaos, maybe you and I watch a game, and afterwords, I can say "wow, we really ran the ball well today...when was the last time Auburn ran for 275 yards and threw for 225?".  And you could watch the same game and legitimately say "wow, that was ugly....we won 38 to 35, but we gave up 527 yards to that team?  If the defense isn't fixed soon we're doomed".

Both things could and are likely to be completely true.  We could even agree with each others statements.

Weasel, on the other hand, would likely say something about how Auburn is doomed to go up in flames and soon to be the Vanderbilt of the SEC as long as "phukboy" stays in charge.  The difference is this....he would say that even if he didn't watch the game or see a single thing Chizik did or didn't do!

You and I are gathering our opinions as we go.  I'm seeing mostly encouraging things from the day he was hired (assembling his staff) through to this first full recruiting class (a very strong one).  It's not all perfect.  I want to see a better defense (scheme, technique, etc).  But to me, I expect to see an improvement as more talent and depth enter the picture.  Some one else may see this years defense and imagine that it won't get better.  At that point, we just differ on our future expectations.  No big deal.  No one is hating and no one is sunshine pumping.

Again, this is NOT how GW functions.  He doesn't take in new information, analyze it with some bit of integrity, and then make adjustments to his opinion.  With where he started on his opinion, he should be the most encouraged person here....because the reality so far has exceeded his expectations by the widest of margins.  Maybe I though we'd win 7 games this year.  Well we won 8, I'm a little encouraged.  Maybe someone else thought we'd win 9, so they are slightly let down.  

Well this guy thought we'd go 2-10....so shouldn't he be elated to see we were 6 games better than expected?  He thought recruiting would go into the dark ages and set us back a decade.  We're likely to have a top 5 or top 7 class this year.  Shouldn't he be ecstatic to learn we're so much better at recruiting than he anticipated?

But, see, we're back to my point. He doesn't function this way.  He is in a vacuum.  He may as well leave all this behind and just continue his hate in a basement with no windows and no electricity....because no new information form the outside world is going to change anything in his broken record-player head.

You may think Prowler or others are stuck in eternal positive mode....but it just isn't at all the same thing.  They at least look for positive in reality.  Greasey doesn't even have the ability to see reality.  

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 12:56:28 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Token

« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2010, 01:03:05 PM »
I think we all are missing what's really the main idea here:  Token really misses the R&B Supergroup Salt-n-Pepa.

I like to push it.  Real good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2010, 01:08:18 PM »
I get the idea that the two types of opinions often come from the same type of flawed logic.   Hence the Prowler / GW comparison.

But I have to say....the Weasel is not the opposite of anyone on here.  He stands alone in the fact that he typically carries NO logic in his arguments.  

Kaos, maybe you and I watch a game, and afterwords, I can say "wow, we really ran the ball well today...when was the last time Auburn ran for 275 yards and threw for 225?".  And you could watch the same game and legitimately say "wow, that was ugly....we won 38 to 35, but we gave up 527 yards to that team?  If the defense isn't fixed soon we're doomed".

Both things could and are likely to be completely true.  We could even agree with each others statements.

Weasel, on the other hand, would likely say something about how Auburn is doomed to go up in flames and soon to be the Vanderbilt of the SEC as long as "phukboy" stays in charge.  The difference is this....he would say that even if he didn't watch the game or see a single thing Chizik did or didn't do!

You and I are gathering our opinions as we go.  I'm seeing mostly encouraging things from the day he was hired (assembling his staff) through to this first full recruiting class (a very strong one).  It's not all perfect.  I want to see a better defense (scheme, technique, etc).  But to me, I expect to see an improvement as more talent and depth enter the picture.  Some one else may see this years defense and imagine that it won't get better.  At that point, we just differ on our future expectations.  No big deal.  No one is hating and no one is sunshine pumping.

Again, this is NOT how GW functions.  He doesn't take in new information, analyze it with some bit of integrity, and then make adjustments to his opinion.  With where he started on his opinion, he should be the most encouraged person here....because the reality so far has exceeded his expectations by the widest of margins.  Maybe I though we'd win 7 games this year.  Well we won 8, I'm a little encouraged.  Maybe someone else thought we'd win 9, so they are slightly let down.  

Well this guy thought we'd go 2-10....so shouldn't he be elated to see we were 6 games better than expected?  He thought recruiting would go into the dark ages and set us back a decade.  We're likely to have a top 5 or top 7 class this year.  Shouldn't he be ecstatic to learn we're so much better at recruiting than he anticipated?

But, see, we're back to my point. He doesn't function this way.  He is in a vacuum.  He may as well leave all this behind and just continue his hate in a basement with no windows and no electricity....because no new information form the outside world is going to change anything in his broken record-player head.

You may think Prowler or others are stuck in eternal positive mode....but it just isn't at all the same thing.  They at least look for positive in reality.  Greasey doesn't even have the ability to see reality.  

^^^Triple This.^^^
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:08:53 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2010, 01:34:13 PM »

BS.  Prowler displays the same process of taking in facts as Greasy does.  Example..... Prowler's skreets tell him that Jerrell Harris is transferring to UNA.  I tell him that Jerrell states different.  He disregards the possibility that I may have better information than he does, and continues on with the Jerrell's gone crusade.  I then go a step further and tell him that I have first hand knowledge from Jerrell.  Does Prowler consider that, just maybe, his info is incorrect??  Hell no, Jerrell's gone. 

Days later (literally) Scab publishes an article with direct quotes from Jerrell saying that he has no plans to transfer.  Prowler's response??  Well, it appears he'll stay with the team through the spring....but we'll see after that.

He sees facts and completely refuses to back off of his "skreet cred" position.  Yeah, yeah.  I know.  "He knows what he's doing.  Dance puppets, dance."   :taunt:

I challenge you to find one shining example of Prowler changing his position when confronted with information that is opposite of his beliefs (skreets).   Until you can do so.....

The Prowler = Greaseyweasel
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2010, 01:35:08 PM »
One more thing....I should remind everyone that the Weasel has made it clear that his hatred for Chizik is not even football related....which really makes this whole discussion pointless.

It's not even football related....so why the hell are we even discussing his "opinion" on the football team (quality of play, wins/losses, or recruiting).  His opinion doesn't stem from those things anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2010, 01:50:30 PM »
BS.  Prowler displays the same process of taking in facts as Greasy does.  Example..... Prowler's skreets tell him that Jerrell Harris is transferring to UNA.  I tell him that Jerrell states different.  He disregards the possibility that I may have better information than he does, and continues on with the Jerrell's gone crusade.  I then go a step further and tell him that I have first hand knowledge from Jerrell.  Does Prowler consider that, just maybe, his info is incorrect??  Hell no, Jerrell's gone. 

Days later (literally) Scab publishes an article with direct quotes from Jerrell saying that he has no plans to transfer.  Prowler's response??  Well, it appears he'll stay with the team through the spring....but we'll see after that.

He sees facts and completely refuses to back off of his "skreet cred" position.  Yeah, yeah.  I know.  "He knows what he's doing.  Dance puppets, dance."   :taunt:

I challenge you to find one shining example of Prowler changing his position when confronted with information that is opposite of his beliefs (skreets).   Until you can do so.....

The Prowler = Greaseyweasel

It just isn't the same. I'm not saying Prowler doesn't put too much faith in his "skreets" or anything like that.  It's a "his word against mine" thing with him....meaning, even if Scarbo publishes something that says Jerrell is staying, Prowler will assume that what he heard from his source was the truth, and now Jerrell has changed his mind and is publicly saying something different than what was going on behind the scenes.

And really, these are two different arguments...the argument of Prowler and his skreets isn't the same as the one about evaluation of how things are going for the program.  Even Prowler isn't going to argue that the defense didn't give up a lot of yards and points this year.  He may have excuses as to why he's not concerned about it for future seasons....but he's not going to deny the facts of the stats, regardless of cause.

Weasel, however, treats 8-5 exactly the same way he would treat 2-10....and it's because his "opinion" actually has nothing to do with what the team has actually done anyway.  He wasn't actually pissed about possibly going 2-10 to begin with, so that's why 8-5 doesn't make him feel any better.

Maybe Prowler wrote before the season that defense would carry us this year.  I'd be willing to bet that now, after the year, he would say "okay, turns out that was wrong".  Even if he had all kinds of excuses and reasons and spins, he would still acknowledge the reality that defense did not carry us.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
 :suicide:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2010, 01:52:22 PM »
I don't play the "Auburn Man/Auburn Woman" card because I find that very cheap.
Agree and childish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2010, 01:52:57 PM »
Agree and childish.

Thanks. How the hell has this thread made it to 7 pages?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2010, 01:53:58 PM »
You know, the bright side of this whole thread is that the conversations have stayed in line with the title.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »
What he does't like the color of his eyes? Met him at the DMV and he was impatient? What then?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions