Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tigers Make Solid Strides....

jmar

Re: Tigers Make Solid Strides....
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2010, 08:20:52 PM »
Hi-phukin'-larious

That Walmart is just 10 miles from my home. I nearly walked into a crimson ambush.

Malzahn stays as long as he wants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2010, 08:21:51 PM »
That Walmart is just 10 miles from my home. I nearly walked into a crimson ambush.

Malzahn stays as long as he wants.
True Dat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

boartitz

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2010, 08:33:24 PM »
An Arkansas fan attempting humor with Wal-Mart jokes?  There's a word for that.
What do you mean, attempting?
That mobile home place at Sylacauga doesn't have enough parking space for the crowds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »
jmar, there is something to a lot of what you're saying, but Ben Tate was the Maryland player of the year and was the #7 running back in the country.  That was no small thing, it's just that the coverage is X10 these days.  More has also been made of the guys we're after because this is a first year staff.  Tuberville getting a top 10 running back was not big news back then.  Just like when we got Tray Blackmon...he was the #1 linebacker in the entire country that year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2010, 09:48:58 PM »
WHERE IS THE GAY THREAD HIJACK?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2010, 10:18:14 PM »
jmar, there is something to a lot of what you're saying, but Ben Tate was the Maryland player of the year and was the #7 running back in the country.  That was no small thing, it's just that the coverage is X10 these days.  More has also been made of the guys we're after because this is a first year staff.  Tuberville getting a top 10 running back was not big news back then.  Just like when we got Tray Blackmon...he was the #1 linebacker in the entire country that year.

I stand corrected on Tate. During that particular time I think I was only getting a recruiting magazine focusing on the immediate south. I was aware of Blackmon.I think you will agree at least in part how well Chizik, staff and team responded this season after that painful 2008 season. And this seasons team played better than expected.
That in itself is overall improvement. Chizik should get the acknowledgement at least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2010, 05:54:55 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2010, 05:56:26 AM »
WHERE IS THE GAY THREAD HIJACK?
Have you ever seen a grown man naked?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2010, 08:04:10 AM »
Says the blogger?

That made a lot of sense.

So, I'm not legitimate because I write for a website? However, Mike Tankersley at The Montgomery Advertiser is legitimate even though he yells "Roll Tide" at Media Days press conferences, cries when listening to Terri Saban speak, or admittedly downplays or ignore Auburn stories because he grew up worshiping The Bahr?

Okay.  :taunt:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:16:57 AM by Mr. Cynical »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2010, 08:54:35 AM »
What do you mean, attempting?
That mobile home place at Sylacauga doesn't have enough parking space for the crowds.

Buy one.  Or don't.  I don't care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2010, 09:34:01 AM »
Yall tired of Gus already?

Not at all.  Just thinking ahead.

Buy one.  Or don't.  I don't care.
My wife's boyfriend hit me in the head with a fence post.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:36:20 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2010, 09:36:32 AM »
Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Do you like gladiator movies, Billy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »
That made a lot of sense.

So, I'm not legitimate because I write for a website? However, Mike Tankersley at The Montgomery Advertiser is legitimate even though he yells "Roll Tide" at Media Days press conferences, cries when listening to Terri Saban speak, or admittedly downplays or ignore Auburn stories because he grew up worshiping The Bahr?

Okay.  :taunt:
Sounds like someone has a hard on for a certain Montgomery Advertiser writer, because I don't see any mention of your "friend" Tank anywhere on Jumbo's posts....Oh well to each his own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »
Sounds like someone has a hard on for a certain Montgomery Advertiser writer, because I don't see any mention of your "friend" Tank anywhere on Jumbo's posts....Oh well to each his own.

Listened to his spew while co-hosting a radio show on gameday Saturdays.  Nah, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm not nearly as credible as you behind your keyboard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »
By the way, we're sitting at Top 5 in BOTH recruiting sites now.

Apparently, we have been for a while, because Scout lists our previous rank as 5 as well.

Looking forward to some steak on you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »
This little steak bet is going to be interesting.

I see we're #4 and #5 on Rivals and Scout.  ESPN hasn't updated in almost a month, so it's hard to know, but I don't see us in the their top 5 as of right now, but still top 10 I'm sure.

A big thing to watch though are the teams right behind us that have more to add to their class.  We know we'll be adding 5 or 6 more if we can.

I looked at the ESPN classes, and they have a "also considering" tab to click on that shows most of the recruits that are still considering a program.  Looking at that and at how many commitments each program currently has, I have made a little list of the teams that have potential to pass us.

USC is the main one, for two reasons.  First, they only have 14 commitments and are still rated #7 on Rivals, #11 on ESPN, and #15 on Scout.  And second, they have 10 players still considering them that are rated an 80 or higher on ESPN (Auburn has 7 80+ committed right now and two more considering us), and of those, four are rated 83 or higher (there are only about 45 guys in the whole country rated 83 or higher).  USC has ten 80+ already committed and could add as many as 8 more.

Georgia only has 19 commitments as of now and could add as many as 7 more (because they have two already enrolled).  Of those still considering Georgia, three of them are rated 80+ by ESPN, with two more a 79. 

Florida State, along with USC, is the team I think most likely to move up quickly and possibly pass us.  They are #11 on Rivals, but only have 21 commitments as of now.  They have four guys already enrolled, so they potentially could be adding 8 or 9 more recruits.  They currently have five guys that are rated 80+ that are considering them, and they are considered favorites for quite a few of them.  They could finish strong and shoot into the top.  Whether Lemonier goes to Auburn or FSU could determine who finishes in front of who.

Penn State only has 18 commitments right now, but they're ranked #9 on Rivals and #6 on Scout.  They have room to add quite a few more recruits.  The downside to them is that Lattimore recently removed them, which leaves only a couple of highly rated recruits that are known to still be considering them (only one 80+ according to ESPN).  But still, with only 18 commitments, they could move up just by adding bodies.

LSU is rated #6 on Rivals and #7 on Scout, but they already have 25 commitments, and only one of them is currently enrolled.  That being the case, they look to only be adding 4 more to their class.  However, they do have at least three that are rated 80+ that are still considering them.  If they get all of those guys and Auburn misses on Lattimore and Whitaker....that could be the difference in who ends up on top.

So, as of right now, Auburn is in the top 5, but there are quite a few teams that could still make a move.  If Auburn lands Lattimore, Whitaker, Lemonier, and Jones...I don't think anyone else could pass us with the exception of USC.  USC just still has so many spots open that they could make a a huge move, maybe even catching up to Florida.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »
On another note, I think there's a very real chance that Auburn passes uat in at least one of these polls, and possibly even both. Note that this was not part of the bet, but something he threw in arbitrarily. It wouldn't be highly unlikely that I would win that bet as well, had we agreed on it.

They're currently one spot ahead of us in both. Not that they won't have anything in their pipeline, but if everything plays out the way it could for us...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2010, 02:02:04 PM »
On another note, I think there's a very real chance that Auburn passes uat in at least one of these polls, and possibly even both. Note that this was not part of the bet, but something he threw in arbitrarily. It wouldn't be highly unlikely that I would win that bet as well, had we agreed on it.

They're currently one spot ahead of us in both. Not that they won't have anything in their pipeline, but if everything plays out the way it could for us...

Do you know how many more Alabama plans on taking?  According to Rivals, they already have 8 enrolled(?)....is that right?  Sure seems like a lot.  Also, looking at who is still considering them, James Stone looks to be the biggest one still uncommitted.  Christian Jones is in there, but I think FSU and Florida are both in from of Bama on him.  Delvin Jones is a possibility, but he could still end up at Tennessee. 

If Alabama gets Stone, Delvin Jones, and maybe another 1 or 2 guys like Vincent Sanders (4-star WR), and Auburn gets Lattimore, Whitaker, Lemonier and Jones...I would say you could be right...we could potentially pass them. 

The question mark is how many they plan on taking.  I can't make sense of Rivals showing 8 early enrollment guys, but maybe they do.  I wonder how many count towards last years class?  Bammers?  Anyone know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2010, 02:08:32 PM »
By the way, we're sitting at Top 5 in BOTH recruiting sites now.

Apparently, we have been for a while, because Scout lists our previous rank as 5 as well.

Looking forward to some steak on you.

Oh, well. Looks like I was wrong on this. Good for Auburn. Enjoy your steak should all things remain. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »
Do you know how many more Alabama plans on taking?  According to Rivals, they already have 8 enrolled(?)....is that right?  Sure seems like a lot.  Also, looking at who is still considering them, James Stone looks to be the biggest one still uncommitted.  Christian Jones is in there, but I think FSU and Florida are both in from of Bama on him.  Delvin Jones is a possibility, but he could still end up at Tennessee. 

If Alabama gets Stone, Delvin Jones, and maybe another 1 or 2 guys like Vincent Sanders (4-star WR), and Auburn gets Lattimore, Whitaker, Lemonier and Jones...I would say you could be right...we could potentially pass them. 

The question mark is how many they plan on taking.  I can't make sense of Rivals showing 8 early enrollment guys, but maybe they do.  I wonder how many count towards last years class?  Bammers?  Anyone know?

We do have 8 early enrollments.  Only taking 4 more though.

James Stone ****
Arie Kouandjio ****

Getting serious consideration from William Gholston.  Some believe he may flip on signing day, but I have no idea.  He's a 5 star.

Also 4 star Calvin Smith is visiting this weekend and has implied that he really likes Bama. 

Other than that, I'm not sure.  Looks like it will definitely be close on Rivals.  I'm not sure about Scout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions