Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

John Saunders On The Sports Reporters...

John Saunders On The Sports Reporters...
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:02:22 AM »
Just pointed out in a commentary that "sorry Alabama, but this is your 8th title, not your 13th."   

Again, it's absolutely an impressive feat to win eight, so to have to fabricate thirteen is just fucking retarded and the basis for the turds getting made fun of.  Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: John Saunders On The Sports Reporters...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 11:51:19 AM »
Just pointed out in a commentary that "sorry Alabama, but this is your 8th title, not your 13th."   

Again, it's absolutely an impressive feat to win eight, so to have to fabricate thirteen is just fucking retarded and the basis for the turds getting made fun of.  Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend.
"Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend"....The comprehension skill goes out the window after the 1st generation of inbreding.  I think they're working on their 5th generation.  Good luck with all that, bammers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 11:11:26 PM »
"Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend"....The comprehension skill goes out the window after the 1st generation of inbreding.  I think they're working on their 5th generation.  Good luck with all that, bammers
Just wondering - does it still count as a generation when they inbreed? :blink:  Cuz if not, then most of their fan base is still first generation...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:39:45 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:49:43 AM »
Just wondering - does it still count as a generation when they inbreed? :blink:  Cuz if not, then most of their fan base is still first generation...
Hmmm...rws, does it still count as a generation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 08:17:25 AM »
This from the same douchebag that cries racism at every turn.

I don't care how many "legitimate" championships Alabama has. It's more than Auburn.

So, John Saunders' opinion is pointless. Just another talking head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 08:59:32 AM »
This from the same douchebag that cries racism at every turn.

I don't care how many "legitimate" championships Alabama has. It's more than Auburn.

So, John Saunders' opinion is pointless. Just another talking head.

Pointless?  

First, this is beyond an Auburn vs. Alabama thing.  If you feel that way....  Cool.  I don't care.

However, programs nationally market their football programs and the tradition of winning championships.  Alabama has an impressive one with eight, so why the need to claim thirteen and absolutely muddy the water?    In that context, there's a point to his comment.

It was mentioned once before the SEC Championship game by national media, again during the NC game broadcast, and now by John Saunders.  Regardless of your feelings on "racist" comments in the past, it's clear that even the national media is starting to pick up on the fact that Alabama claims thirteen which isn't in line with the way the rest of the universities are claiming theirs.

With that said, do I believe it'll ever change?  No.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:08:35 AM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 09:45:23 AM »
Hmmm...rws, does it still count as a generation?
Prowler, you are probably the last person on this board who should be accusing somebody of being inbred.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 10:00:07 AM »
Pointless?  

First, this is beyond an Auburn vs. Alabama thing.  If you feel that way....  Cool.  I don't care.

However, programs nationally market their football programs and the tradition of winning championships.  Alabama has an impressive one with eight, so why the need to claim thirteen and absolutely muddy the water?    In that context, there's a point to his comment.

It was mentioned once before the SEC Championship game by national media, again during the NC game broadcast, and now by John Saunders.  Regardless of your feelings on "racist" comments in the past, it's clear that even the national media is starting to pick up on the fact that Alabama claims thirteen which isn't in line with the way the rest of the universities are claiming theirs.

With that said, do I believe it'll ever change?  No.

The point was this:

And for the record, Saunders wasn't necessarily wrong with his Auburn comments a year ago. However, he has a tendency to pile on the hottest controversy of the week. I miss Dick Schaap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 12:54:57 PM »
The point was this:

And for the record, Saunders wasn't necessarily wrong with his Auburn comments a year ago. However, he has a tendency to pile on the hottest controversy of the week. I miss tool Schaap.

Except in this case it was not an opinion. He was simply stating a fact because just more than Auburn fans get aggravated with the Got 12? (now 13) marketing campaign they started years back. I don't have to agree with a media personality on EVERYTHING to agree with them on SOME THINGS from time to time. Steven A Smith comes to mind. Thing is: What he said is NOT debatable. The race stuff is.   And BTW - the original post and topic had NOTHING to do with Auburn. No one is trying to compare us and them on NC's. I think people just want to clear up a misconception that UAT'ers try to peddle as fact to the public. Most honest folks tend not to like misrepresentation.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:56:50 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
Except in this case it was not an opinion. He was simply stating a fact because just more than Auburn fans get aggravated with the Got 12? (now 13) marketing campaign they started years back.

Besides Saunders, who else cares? I never read other fans in outrage over it. Most people don't care about Alabama even in the year they win the championship - the story has been Colt McCoy's injury. The Bammers hate this.

My comment was simply that it doesn't (not should it) matter how many titles the other team has - it matter how many the team I pull for has. That's all I care about.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:00:41 PM by Mr. Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 04:16:33 PM »
Besides Saunders, who else cares? I never read other fans in outrage over it. Most people don't care about Alabama even in the year they win the championship - the story has been Colt McCoy's injury. The Bammers hate this.

My comment was simply that it doesn't (not should it) matter how many titles the other team has - it matter how many the team I pull for has. That's all I care about.

I know it does burn me up that no one even mentions Hightower not playing and that Texas would not have scored a point if he did play. OR that Colt's stellar play on defense has kept Texas in most of their games this year. I mean really.  :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

RWS

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 04:57:48 PM »
I know it does burn me up that no one even mentions Hightower not playing and that Texas would not have scored a point if he did play. OR that Colt's stellar play on defense has kept Texas in most of their games this year. I mean really.  :poke:
Texas sure as hell doesn't mind that they got to the NC game by barely scraping by an Oklahoma team sans-Bradford. How is that for irony?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 06:30:31 PM »
Prowler, you are probably the last person on this board who should be accusing somebody of being inbred.
Whatever....you still didn't answer the question.  So I'll ask again, are there generations of inbreeding or is it all the same generation?  I'll come back to this topic after dinner, that should give you the chance to speak to your sister/cousin/aunt/mom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 10:09:43 AM »
Texas sure as hell doesn't mind that they got to the NC game by barely scraping by an Oklahoma team sans-Bradford. How is that for irony?

I will give that - you make a good point here. The Hightower point is valid as well.

RWS, I'd say its more Karma since they went after Bradford purposely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 10:15:38 AM »
I will give that - you make a good point here. The Hightower point is valid as well.

All the more reason the QB should only run the ball when absolutely necessary. If Texas had a back worth a damn, that would have been a draw play and McCoy would have been standing there looking lost like most QBs on a draw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 10:16:53 AM »

Did they? I didn't even start watching until after Bradford went out.

Anyway, thats sort of been my point about the whole "Alabama only won because McCoy wasn't in" argument. Its hypothetical. Sure, it gave is a damn good opportunity. But its part of football. Dareus certainly wasn't trying to knock him out. It just happened. A few Texas fans at work were pissed off, but when I said the same thing about them winning against Oklahoma, they didn't have much left to say.

What if McElroy didn't have a fractured rib? What if we had Hightower? What if Marquis Johnson didn't have a broken thumb? What if Ingram didn't have an ankle injury? What if McClain wasn't receiving IV fluids twice before the game and once at halftime? What the fuck if? It works both ways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 10:19:46 AM »
Did they? I didn't even start watching until after Bradford went out.

Anyway, thats sort of been my point about the whole "Alabama only won because McCoy wasn't in" argument. Its hypothetical. Sure, it gave is a damn good opportunity. But its part of football. Dareus certainly wasn't trying to knock him out. It just happened. A few Texas fans at work were pissed off, but when I said the same thing about them winning against Oklahoma, they didn't have much left to say.

What if McElroy didn't have a fractured rib? What if we had Hightower? What if Marquis Johnson didn't have a broken thumb? What if Ingram didn't have an ankle injury? What if McClain wasn't receiving IV fluids twice before the game and once at halftime? What the fuck if? It works both ways.

What if Alabama (everyone besides Javier Arenas) could actually play Special Teams? Texas would have never made that run. Of course, I can't say much. Auburn put the "Special" in Special Teams this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »
What if Alabama (everyone besides Javier Arenas) could actually play Special Teams? Texas would have never made that run. Of course, I can't say much. Auburn put the "Special" in Special Teams this year.
I don't know what the deal is with our special teams. They consistantly suck ass, nearly game after game. The SECCG and the game or two before that wasn't bad, but most of the season was terrible. Personally, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to get a new special teams coach and a new WR coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 10:30:48 AM »
I don't know what the deal is with our special teams. They consistantly suck ass, nearly game after game. The SECCG and the game or two before that wasn't bad, but most of the season was terrible. Personally, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to get a new special teams coach and a new WR coach.

Leigh Tiffin - All Time Leading Scorer. That's a fucking joke, man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions