Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Saban

jadennis

Saban
« on: January 08, 2010, 10:26:55 AM »
So, am I wrong, or couldn't Saban have just run out the clock when they had the ball with 1:41 left.  The play clock is 35 seconds...doesn't that add up to being able to take three knees and run the clock out?  Why try to score again?

Also, after the game, the reporter asked Saban a question and he goes on and on about what a great "team" they have there at Alabama...the school president, the AD, the staff, the team, the fans, etc.  And in the middle of it, most people probably didn't notice Saban say "it's not just me".  See, there's that subtle, yet undeniable arrogance that just leaks out of him at all times. 

I want to say to him, "well no shit...what made you think that anyone thought it was just you?".  Why did he assume that we must all be thinking it's all because of him.  Regardless of whether people do think that, I can't imagine thinking to myself, "everyone probably wants to give me all the credit" (even if they DO want to give him all the credit).  Unless someone started the conversation with "this is all because of you"...why would he even be answering the question from that perspective?

So, in the end, the arrogance and classless character of that man shines through more than ever.  Subtle in some ways, not so subtle in others.  Everyone is right though, he is perfect for that program. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Token

Re: Saban
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:33:20 AM »
I offer no comment for the whole running out the clock bit.

But I'm pretty sure Saban was asked "explain how you were able to get this team to this point so fast", in regards to the comment you are talking about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:35:05 AM »
I offer no comment for the whole running out the clock bit.

But I'm pretty sure Saban was asked "explain how you were able to get this team to this point so fast", in regards to the comment you are talking about. 

That could be true....but I'm not going to be ready to admit that until at least May.  Maybe June, depends on how national signing day goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
That could be true....but I'm not going to be ready to admit that until at least May.  Maybe June, depends on how national signing day goes.

Honest answer; I like that. So for your enjoyment  :tits:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban