Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Commit #27/23 Alert*.....possibly

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
*Commit #27/23 Alert*.....possibly
« on: January 06, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »
Ken Adams DE 6'5" 240lbs. 4.75 40 Copiah-Lincoln CC, Ms.

I say "Possibly", because LSU was in house with him and his family today.  His recruiter is Frank Wilson, he was his recruiter while at Tennessee, now he's at LSU.  I'd say his chances of signing with Auburn are 65% but heading downward.  Momma wants him to stay close, we will find out really soon....within 24 hours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: *Commit #27/23 Alert*.....possibly
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 09:24:07 AM »
He still plans on enrolling in classes this month and being in spring drills. That makes his commit and sign happening really soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:24:18 AM »
Would we take both Adams and Lemonier?  Who will that leave on the outside looking in?  I would think out of the spots left and IF...IF..we can land them, we would take, Whitaker, Thorton, Lemoier, Mack, Lattimore, and another DB.  I think it will be a trade off on Howard/Beasley.  That makes up the last 6 spots.  Do we take Adams knowing that someone will not get in?  

Oh yeah, what about Jones? 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:25:00 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:37:30 AM »
That would bother me at this point.  Why waste a 2010 scholarship on a JUCO guy, when there are four higher rated High School DL on the current prospect list that supposedly are all high on Auburn?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:45:58 AM »
Essentially a worthless thread.

"Adams will commit. Unless he doesn't. Would not be a surprise if he did or if he didn't. Either way I'm right."

Wow. Can I try?

My sources say Lache will skip college and go to the CFL. Or he won't either way? I knew it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:47:17 AM »
Yeah, Im not too excited about using a 2010 scholly on a JUCO guy, but I think he would still have 3 years to play 2. I think the coaches are expecting to have a couple of non-qualifiers that would open another slot to still get the other guys mentioned above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:47:36 AM »
Would we take both Adams and Lemonier?  Who will that leave on the outside looking in?  I would think out of the spots left and IF...IF..we can land them, we would take, Whitaker, Thorton, Lemoier, Mack, Lattimore, and another DB.  I think it will be a trade off on Howard/Beasley.  That makes up the last 6 spots.  Do we take Adams knowing that someone will not get in?  

Oh yeah, what about Jones? 

Yes, IMO Auburn will take both.

**** DE, Craig Sanders, has already signed and will be in classes soon.
**** JUCO DE, Joel Bonomolo, had to have shoulder surgery this season.  It's impossible to know how well he'll be able to come back from the surgery.
*** DE, Justin Delaine, possibly won't qualify.

If Auburn loses out on one of either Whitaker or Thornton, they'll go hard after Bryan Jones.  Either way, I'd definitely take any combination of the three.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 11:56:58 AM »
Essentially a worthless thread.

"Adams will commit. Unless he doesn't. Would not be a surprise if he did or if he didn't. Either way I'm right."

Wow. Can I try?

My sources say Lache will skip college and go to the CFL. Or he won't either way? I knew it.
No DUMBASS, Ken Adams will commit today (Where did I say that he might or might not commit?)

IMO, he's going to put on an Orange and Blue hat, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him pick LSU as I've stated in my earlier post.

Maybe you should keep trying to prove that you don't know anything about recruiting, you really seem to be doing a good job of it so far.... :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »

he's going to put on an Orange and Blue hat, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him pick LSU

(Where did I say that he might or might not commit?)

I am a little confused by the combination of sentences above....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 12:24:12 PM »
I'm not especially excited about Adams either (being a JUCO guy and not expected to be an NFL type impact), but at the same time, I don't think it's likely we're going to land Whitaker, Lemonier, Thornton, Mack, and Lattimore.  And if we do, and Adams makes #6 along with those 5, then great...that's probably your #1 or #2 class in the country.

But what's more likely is that we get 2 or 3 of those guys (my guess is Whitaker and Lemonier) and adding Adams doesn't matter much anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 12:26:23 PM »
I am a little confused by the combination of sentences above....
He's going to commit today.....no where did I state that he wasn't going to commit.

IMO he'll be an Auburn Tiger, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him pick LSU.

BTW, I'd actually like the pick up of Adams.  Plus, Adams would be able to enroll and practice with the team alongside Craig Sanders.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 12:32:32 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 12:40:58 PM »
Adams has been playing TE and DL in JUCO. What will he stick with at AU? He was a 2* TE when he came out of HS. And also, since this was originally a CTT commit and now he's committing to AU once again, will he no longer count towards the guys that didn't work out under CTT?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »
Adams has been playing TE and DL in JUCO. What will he stick with at AU? He was a 2* TE when he came out of HS. And also, since this was originally a CTT commit and now he's committing to AU once again, will he no longer count towards the guys that didn't work out under CTT?
Rule 101a subset 3 says that he still counts if there is a position change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 01:11:37 PM »
No DUMBASS, Ken Adams will commit today (Where did I say that he might or might not commit?)

You may have known what you intended to convey, but it was hardly clear to the rest of the world -- you know, the ones who DON'T wear underwear made of tinfoil. 

Prowler searches the skreets:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »
He'll be a Defensive Lineman.  If he decides to "'Prowl' with the Auburn Tigers", he'll be picking Auburn over LSU, North Carolina and Tennessee.  Two years ago, he picked Auburn over...no one else.  There's your answer.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:13:53 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »
Two years ago, he picked Auburn over...no one else.  There's your answer.
So, CTT took a chance on him, and it turns out he worked out? Certainly the mighty Chizik wouldn't take one of these horrible CTT recruits that went to JUCO, right? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 01:51:14 PM »
So, CTT took a chance on him, and it turns out he worked out? Certainly the mighty Chizik wouldn't take one of these horrible CTT recruits that went to JUCO, right? 

I get where you are going, but you are barking up the wrong tree.  WE is right you know?

I challenge you to find anywhere on this board where anyone said that none of xCTT's recruits panned out and they are all horrible.  All anyone is mostly arguing about from the xCTT stance is the fact that so many are not on campus anymore and who's fault it is.  No one is arguing if his recruits were shit or gold.  I also challenge you to tell me how we know for sure that Adams has worked out.  Has he played a down of SEC ball yet?  I don't know if he will actually pan put or not and neither do you. The fucker could blow out his ACL first day of spring practice or some shit.  Goddamn, why can't be like token and be a decent fucking bammer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 01:53:22 PM »
why can't be like token and be a decent phuking bammer?

Because their are only a few of those on the planet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »
I get where you are going, but you are barking up the wrong tree.  WE is right you know?

I challenge you to find anywhere on this board where anyone said that none of xCTT's recruits panned out and they are all horrible.  All anyone is mostly arguing about from the xCTT stance is the fact that so many are not on campus anymore and who's fault it is.  No one is arguing if his recruits were shit or gold.  I also challenge you to tell me how we know for sure that Adams has worked out.  Has he played a down of SEC ball yet?  I don't know if he will actually pan put or not and neither do you. The fucker could blow out his ACL first day of spring practice or some shit.  Goddamn, why can't be like token and be a decent fucking bammer?
My point is, some are so quick to demonize and blame CTT for where AU is right now, and some want to put Chizik on a pedestal for fixing what they make out to be a huge fuckup, and rebuilding of AU. The inference has certainly been made that alot of what is happening now is due to guys from CTT's classes not working out. A pretty detailed list of guys from past recruiting classes has even been posted detailing who is on campus, and who isn't. My point is almost the same as yours. You simply can't look in a crystal ball two years down the road and know. Its all one big crapshoot. CTT can't, and neither can Chizik.

Prowler likes to try and infer that Chizik is knocking it out of the park, whereas CTT took alot of chances and got AU in a bind. All while AU just went 8-5 with nearly an all CTT team. What makes it more mind boggling is that he was vehemently defending CTT's recruiting while he was still the coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 02:24:37 PM »
My point is, some are so quick to demonize and blame CTT for where AU is right now, and some want to put Chizik on a pedestal for fixing what they make out to be a huge fuckup, and rebuilding of AU. The inference has certainly been made that alot of what is happening now is due to guys from CTT's classes not working out. A pretty detailed list of guys from past recruiting classes has even been posted detailing who is on campus, and who isn't. My point is almost the same as yours. You simply can't look in a crystal ball two years down the road and know. Its all one big crapshoot. CTT can't, and neither can Chizik.

Prowler likes to try and infer that Chizik is knocking it out of the park, whereas CTT took alot of chances and got AU in a bind. All while AU just went 8-5 with nearly an all CTT team. What makes it more mind boggling is that he was vehemently defending CTT's recruiting while he was still the coach.
He did put Auburn in a bind....fuckin' dumbass.  Was Eltoro able to help out Auburn in '07, when he signed or in '08?  NOPE, but he was able to help Auburn out this year.  Was Ontario able to help Auburn out in '08, when he signed?  NOPE, but he was able to help Auburn out this year.  Was Adams able to help Auburn out in '08, when he signed or in '09?  NOPE, but if he signs with Auburn he'll be able to help out, this upcoming season.  Are you starting to see a pattern?  And you do realize that there are a lot more players that never qualified and were never heard from again...right?  So, yeah, he did put Auburn in a bind.  If you really can't understand that, then you're helpless.

CTT took chances on some prospects, some flourished and became really good players.  But, there were more that never materialized, some of those stayed with the team while the others never stepped foot.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:30:38 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions