Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

**BOOM MUTHA F***A!!!!** Cameron Newton has committed to Auburn....

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: **BOOM MUTHA F***A!!!!** Cameron Newton has committed to Auburn....
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2010, 12:09:10 PM »
I must have watched a different Outback Bowl yesterday. You do realize they gave up over 600 yards to a team that hasn't won a bowl game since 1949, right? But, on the other hand, if not for some of their INTs, AU would have lost the game.
Auburn had 4 turnovers as well, shit stain. 2 of them in the red zone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2010, 01:48:50 PM »
Auburn had 4 turnovers as well, shit stain. 2 of them in the red zone.
NW threw two INTs in the endzone, and threw another around their own 30 yard line. Whats your point? AU's defense was horribly horribly porous against a one dimensional team. However, they got a few INTs when it mattered. In the end, that INT that was ran back for a TD really came in handy.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:53:09 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »
NW threw two INTs in the endzone, and threw another around their own 30 yard line. Whats your point? 
Just pointing out that Northwestern wasn't the only team to turn the ball over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

RWS

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2010, 01:57:55 PM »
Just pointing out that Northwestern wasn't the only team to turn the ball over.
No shit. And might I add, I would expect Northwestern to look like absolute shit against AU. I wouldn't expect AU to look like shit, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »
No shit. And might I add, I would expect Northwestern to look like absolute shit against AU. I wouldn't expect AU to look like shit, though.
Were going to get our shit together!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2010, 02:03:18 PM »
Were going to get our shit together!
Cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2010, 02:05:53 PM »
Ease your worries Mr. Savoy, the coaching has been exceptional well considering the lack of depth of teh D. Plus, the D has shown much more progression over the year. There is much help to come.

I disagree with every single word of this post except "Mr."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2010, 02:18:12 PM »
I would expect Northwestern to look like absolute shit against AU.
Based on what? Outside of yesterday, how many Northwestern games have you watched? Explain to us all why Northwestern should have come to Tampa and simply rolled over and played dead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2010, 02:53:17 PM »
Based on what? Outside of yesterday, how many Northwestern games have you watched? Explain to us all why Northwestern should have come to Tampa and simply rolled over and played dead.
Are you shitting me?

Lets take a look at some teams NW lost to this season. Those teams would be Syracuse (4-8; a team who had to find somebody on their baseball team to be their QB this season), Minnesota (6-6; a team that *gasp* Iowa State just beat in a *gasp* bowl game), Michigan St (6-6; meh), and Penn St (10-2; fair enough). Now, lets look at some teams they beat. Towson (2-9), Eastern Michigan (0-12), Purdue (5-7), Miami of Ohio (1-11), Indiana (4-8), Iowa (10-2; miracle), Illinois (3-9), Wisconsin (9-3). They are 9 whopping points from 6-6 with a fairly cupcake schedule. Don't try to get into a Prowler-esqe "dude, La Tech is a REALLY good team" argument here.  

Northwestern is an extremely one dimensional team. You almost couldn't have asked to play a more one dimensional team. Their ONLY playmaker is Kafka. Their 1st and 2nd team RBs COMBINED didn't even have 500 yards of rushing this season. They are ranked 93rd in rushing offense in the country. Its not that they just try and try and try to run the ball, even if it isn't working, and you still have to defend against it. No, they just throw the living piss out of the ball. How much easier is it to gameplan when you KNOW they are not going to run the ball? Even if they do run the ball, its Kafka that you have to worry about. AU did a good job on Ingram with putting 8 guys in the box and saying "Fuck pass defense, if Ingram thinks about thinking about scratching his nuts, blow him up". Its not like the offense can't key on one person with Northwestern. Kafka is all they have that resembles anything of a football player.

There is no sense in even going further. If you REALLY thought this should be as much of a game as it was, especially with AU up by two scores and totally dominating them, then you are a dumbass. Did I expect Northwestern to just come in, throw in their third teamers, and say fuck it? No. But I certainly didn't expect AU to win by less than 14 points. I had said they would win by 21, and it looked like you guys were well on your way. When I saw AU open up and fake the fake quick kickoff that worked against Alabama I was like "Really, seriously? Is that going to be necessary to beat Northwestern?" Apparently I was mistaken. Apparently the coaches and talent level of Northwestern and Auburn are nearly equal.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:10:05 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2010, 03:38:34 PM »
Blah, Blah, Blah....

The...talent level of Northwestern and Auburn are nearly equal.

Yup, thanks Coach Tuberville....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2010, 04:16:44 PM »
Yup, thanks Coach Tuberville....
Of course, you ACTUALLY believe this. I'm astounded at the amount of people willing to drive Tuberville into the ground as far as they can just so they can justify Chizik.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:17:33 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2010, 04:37:54 PM »
Of course, you ACTUALLY believe this. I'm astounded at the amount of people willing to drive Tuberville into the ground as far as they can just so they can justify Chizik.
I loved Coach Tuberville, loved him to death...now, I'm raining the dirt over his grave, he's gone, he ain't coming back..."dust in the wind" and all that.  I just never realized how depleted he actually left Auburn, until I looked back at the past few YEARS of Auburn's recruiting and realized that, on average, only 13 to 15 prospects out of 25, for the past few years, made it at Auburn...that's what people call facts.

NW threw two INTs in the endzone, and threw another around their own 30 yard line. Whats your point? AU's defense was horribly horribly porous against a one dimensional team. However, they got a few INTs when it mattered. In the end, that INT that was ran back for a TD really came in handy.

The first INT in the endzone was returned for a Record Breaking TD...Awesome!!! Six Points!!!...Defense has to go back out on the field...Damn It!!!

and on top of that:

115 Plays by Northwestern and most of them being passes, will usually wear down ANY defense...especially one playing with a lot of first year players.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:41:22 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2010, 04:38:44 PM »
Remind me to not have you pick my lottery numbers. I don't think anyone (outside of you) expected a blowout win. We had a knack for not finishing games this year; why should anyone expect anything different in this game? I knew we would win, but I also knew it would be pretty close (<10 points). Yeah, we have a better overall team than Northwestern, but that doesn't always guarantee a blowout, does it (remember the Iron Bowl)? Sometimes, your opponent just shows up to play ball.

You said "cupcake schedule", yet 4 of their losses were to bowl teams. They were beating PSU until their QB was injured. They beat an undefeated and top 5 ranked Iowa team, beat a prett respectable Wisconsin to boot. I'm not saying they're world beaters by any means, but they aren't exactly UT-Chattanooga either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »
Remind me to not have you pick my lottery numbers. I don't think anyone (outside of you) expected a blowout win. We had a knack for not finishing games this year; why should anyone expect anything different in this game? I knew we would win, but I also knew it would be pretty close (<10 points). Yeah, we have a better overall team than Northwestern, but that doesn't always guarantee a blowout, does it (remember the Iron Bowl)? Sometimes, your opponent just shows up to play ball.

You said "cupcake schedule", yet 4 of their losses were to bowl teams. They were beating PSU until their QB was injured. They beat an undefeated and top 5 ranked Iowa team, beat a prett respectable Wisconsin to boot. I'm not saying they're world beaters by any means, but they aren't exactly UT-Chattanooga either.
Remember who you're responding to, PCT....Facts, no matter how hard he's hit by them, seems to not faze him in his quest for being Captian Retard on the teh ebays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2010, 04:58:23 PM »
Remember who you're responding to, PCT....Facts, no matter how hard he's hit by them, seems to not faze him in his quest for being Captian Retard on the teh ebays.
Jesus, its like talking to Proud_Tiger and WarTim, all in one thread......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
AUN smack. How clever.

I'll tell you what. Actually attend a game and I might give the slightest fuck about what you have to say. Until then, you are just another (in a long, long, long line of) shit for brains bama fan. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »

Why do you hate Terrell Owens and the Fighting Moccasins?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »
Kodi Burns is the savior.
Tyrik Rollison is the savior.
Cameron Newton is the savior.

I amexcited too, but let's keep it in perspective.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

jmar

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2010, 10:36:40 PM »
Star Jackson was a savior too, but he was needed elsewhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2010, 07:14:11 AM »
Star Jackson was a savior too, but he was needed elsewhere.
Exactly. Then you have somebody like Greg McElroy come in and help lead your team to a national championship game. I've found that if you just automatically assume that whatever QB you sign will end up flopping, you feel alot better. Just lower the bar fairly low. Kind of like Phillip Simms. He's the #1 QB in the country, looks pretty impressive, did well in the UA game, but the position is very fickle and you have a high rate of floppage there. I just don't find it worth the time to be excited over a QB. As many QBs have shown (Kodi Burns, Star Jackson), you can look absolutely phenomenal in HS, then fall flat on your face in college ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions