Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

**BOOM MUTHA F***A!!!!** Cameron Newton has committed to Auburn....

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: **BOOM MUTHA F***A!!!!** Cameron Newton has committed to Auburn....
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 09:37:35 PM »
I do believe you are correct Mr. Prowler. I do like your study. Da skreets say that Lemonier will be committing Saturday during the UA game between Auburn and FSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 09:38:29 PM »
We gonna kick some serious ass next year Brothas and Sistas.

As the War Eagle Reader states commence drooling.

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2009/12/cameron-newton-commits-commence-drooling/

Damn right, Mr. Bass. I am stoked about the future of Auburn football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 11:06:46 PM »
I do believe you are correct Mr. Prowler. I do like your study. Da skreets say that Lemonier will be committing Saturday during the UA game between Auburn and FSU.
The skreets say that DE, Corey Lemonier will be wearing O&B this upcoming season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 11:49:30 PM »
The skreets say that DE, Corey Lemonier will be wearing O&B this upcoming season.

Yes sir, and it continues to build. I say this cruiten season is gonna be downright badass. What the hell am I sayin, it already is. I think those skreets are about 85% positive CL will be in O&B. I would even go 95% after the latest developments.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 12:37:51 AM »
Yes sir, and it continues to build. I say this cruiten season is gonna be downright badass. What the hell am I sayin, it already is. I think those skreets are about 85% positive CL will be in O&B. I would even go 95% after the latest developments.
I'll go ahead and say that this class will end up between 2nd and 5th, per Rivals.  If Auburn lands 5* RB, Marcus Lattimore right now, with the addition of 5* QB, Cameron Newton then we'd be ranked #2, per Rivals...per the point system.

As it stands right now (This is without the addition of Cameron Newton's points)
1. Texas          (2,291)
2. SPuat          (2,203)
3. Florida         (2,143) **This is with 5 Star DB Matt Elam, before he decommitted and committed to FSU**
4. Oklahoma     (2,100)
5. Penn State   (2,055)
6. Tennessee    (1,987)
7. Auburn         (1,932)

5* QB, Cameron Newton's commitment adds *168 points* so that would put Auburn sitting pretty at #3 with (2,100 points)...tied with Oklahoma and 103 points away from the #2 spot. **Florida loses 192 points with the decommitment of Matt Elam, dropping them to #6 with 1,951 points**

If Auburn were to land 5* RB, Marcus Lattimore that would be another *192 points*, that would put Auburn at the #1 spot with (2,292 points)...taking over SPuats and Texas. That's just with the addition of one more recruit.

Now, if Auburn were to land 4* OL, Eric Mack (73 points); 4* DE, Corey Lemonier (76 points); 4* DT, Jeffrey Whitaker (73 points); 4* DT, Mike Thornton (73 points), that would put Auburn at (2,587 points).  Then with the other teams fill up their classes, like they will, I could definitely see Auburn landing in the Top 5, quite possibly as high as #2....maybe even the #1 class....depending on how the other Top 5 team's classes shake out, especially Texas'.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 01:30:04 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 01:24:58 AM »
I'll go ahead and say that this class will end up between 2nd and 5th, per Rivals.  If Auburn lands 5* RB, Marcus Lattimore right now, with the addition of 5* QB, Cameron Newton then we'd be ranked #2, per Rivals...per the point system.

As it stands right now (This is without the addition of Cameron Newton's points)
1. Texas          (2,291)
2. SPuat          (2,203)
3. Florida         (2,143) **This is with 5 Star DB Matt Elam, before he decommitted and committed to FSU**
4. Oklahoma     (2,100)
5. Penn State   (2,055)
6. Tennessee    (1,987)
7. Auburn         (1,932)

5* QB, Cameron Newton's commitment adds *163 points* so that would put Auburn sitting pretty at #4 with (2,095 points)...5 points away from the #3 spot. **Florida loses 193 points with the decommitment of Matt Elam, dropping them to #6 with 1,950 points**

If Auburn were to land 5* RB, Marcus Lattimore that would be another *193 points*, that would put Auburn at the #2 spot with (2,288 points)...taking over SPuats spot and 3 points away from the #1 spot.  That's just with the addition of one more recruit.

Now, if Auburn were to land 4* OL, Eric Mack; 4* DE, Corey Lemonier; 4* DT, Jeffrey Whitaker; 4* DT, Mike Thornton.  Then with the other teams fill up their classes, like they will, I could definitely see Auburn landing in the Top 5, quite possibly as high as #2....maybe even the #1 class....depending on how the other Top 5 team's classes shake out.
Prowler I see your toast, and I and raise my glass as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 01:42:37 AM »
Prowler I see your toast, and I and raise my glass as well.
I had the numbers a little off.  I was off by 5 points on Cameron Newton and one point off on Marcus Lattimore.  I also added the points for the four 4* prospects that are high to very high on Auburn.

I still think that Texas will have the #1 ranked recruiting class, per Rivals, with the additions of 5* #1 LB, Jordan Hicks (198 points); 5* #1 DE, Jackson Jeffcoat (198 points); and 4* #3 WR, Darius White (111 points)...and they have a handful of guys that could very well get bumped up to 5* status.

Auburn does have a few guys that could get bumped up to 4* status and possibly one to 5* status after the HS All-Star games.  So, the #2 ranked recruiting class and the #1 SEC ranked recruiting class, per Rivals, is up for grabs.  Regardless, this class will be the best ranking class in Auburn History.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 01:59:26 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 09:05:41 AM »
I had the numbers a little off.  I was off by 5 points on Cameron Newton and one point off on Marcus Lattimore.  I also added the points for the four 4* prospects that are high to very high on Auburn.

I still think that Texas will have the #1 ranked recruiting class, per Rivals, with the additions of 5* #1 LB, Jordan Hicks (198 points); 5* #1 DE, Jackson Jeffcoat (198 points); and 4* #3 WR, Darius White (111 points)...and they have a handful of guys that could very well get bumped up to 5* status.

Auburn does have a few guys that could get bumped up to 4* status and possibly one to 5* status after the HS All-Star games.  So, the #2 ranked recruiting class and the #1 SEC ranked recruiting class, per Rivals, is up for grabs.  Regardless, this class will be the best ranking class in Auburn History.

Also, don't forget that Rivals only counts the best 25 in the class. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »
Also, don't forget that Rivals only counts the best 25 in the class.  
Rivals counts only the Top 20.

Auburn is now ranked #3, tied with Oklahoma, with (2100 points) and *103 points* behind SPuat.

Auburn has (27) commitments *room for 6 or 8 more*:
5 Stars - 2
4 Stars - 10
3 Stars - 14
2 Stars - 1
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 12:09:31 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2010, 12:21:57 PM »
That's what I was tryin' to tell ya befo!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »
Rivals counts only the Top 20.

Auburn is now ranked #3, tied with Oklahoma, with (2100 points) and *103 points* behind SPuat.

Auburn has (27) commitments *room for 6 or 8 more*:
5 Stars - 2
4 Stars - 10
3 Stars - 14
2 Stars - 1
How is recruiting going to help us? I'll hang up an listen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2010, 12:28:26 PM »
While I am pleased with the addition of Newton and the possibilities Dyer may provide, my biggest concern is on the defensive side of the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »
While I am pleased with the addition of Newton and the possibilities Dyer may provide, my biggest concern is on the defensive side of the ball.
DE, Corey Lemonier...DT, Jeffrey Whitacker...DT, Mike Thornton or DT, Bryan Jones will help ease your concern.  Auburn's Linebacker class is one of the best LBer classes in Auburn History.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »
Need stoppers in the middle, all else looks very good. Go Chiz!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
The D has already been a focus of this staff, just look at the LB thus far. Also, as been stated a couple times already in this thread, everyone will be well pleased with the remaining D that will be brought in. Gonna be a dandy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 05:02:30 PM »
Watching the game today, it was obvious which side of th ball was more of a concern...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2010, 09:20:16 PM »
NW noticed that too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2010, 10:35:41 PM »
DE, Corey Lemonier...DT, Jeffrey Whitacker...DT, Mike Thornton or DT, Bryan Jones will help ease your concern.  Auburn's Linebacker class is one of the best LBer classes in Auburn History.

Add in Craig Sanders, Joel Bonomolo, and Kenneth Carter and we're doing pretty well on the d-line. 

This is a great class.  Although, I'm using Dog Whisperer techniques to keep my optimism moving forward.  I'm really worried about some of the coaching.  Tackling and being in position is not entirely based on raw talent. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2010, 11:19:03 PM »
Add in Craig Sanders, Joel Bonomolo, and Kenneth Carter and we're doing pretty well on the d-line. 

This is a great class.  Although, I'm using Dog Whisperer techniques to keep my optimism moving forward.  I'm really worried about some of the coaching.  Tackling and being in position is not entirely based on raw talent. 

Ease your worries Mr. Savoy, the coaching has been exceptional well considering the lack of depth of teh D. Plus, the D has shown much more progression over the year. There is much help to come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2010, 10:21:40 AM »
Plus, the D has shown much more progression over the year.
I must have watched a different Outback Bowl yesterday. You do realize they gave up over 600 yards to a team that hasn't won a bowl game since 1949, right? But, on the other hand, if not for some of their INTs, AU would have lost the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler