Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sherlock Holmes

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Sherlock Holmes
« on: December 28, 2009, 10:14:47 AM »
Go see it.  I thought it was a great flick, is it a little predictable probably, but it had great action and a story line.  Downey truly is an amazing actor, I am glad he quit the White Lotus, Yam-yam, Shanghai Sally.

Good way to veg for 2 hours.

I give it...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Sherlock Holmes
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
Saw this Saturday and was less impressed than you.

Downey and Law were fantastic.  Strong performances.

The story was too outrageous, though.  They had all the makings for a fine film and went ridiculous on the plot.

Also, I didn't realize that Guy Ritchie directed until the credits rolled.  Though, in retrospect the boxing scenes were vintage Ritchie.

Wait for the dvd, in my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »
Saw this Saturday and was less impressed than you.

Downey and Law were fantastic.  Strong performances.

The story was too outrageous, though.  They had all the makings for a fine film and went ridiculous on the plot.

Also, I didn't realize that Guy Ritchie directed until the credits rolled.  Though, in retrospect the boxing scenes were vintage Ritchie.

Wait for the dvd, in my opinion.
meh you are to cynical.  It was a fun movie...you want extensive plot go watch Schindler's List.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 09:46:48 AM »
meh you are to cynical.  It was a fun movie...you want extensive plot go watch Schindler's List.

:bugs:

I saw it Sunday evening.   I thought they did a great job of explaining and bringing out all the things that make Sherlock Holmes, the character he is.  It's clear that this is the first of however many SH movies, as the introduction of his long term nemisis is introduced.   It DID seem a little outlandish until it is broken down and solved Sherlock style in the end.  You really want to pay attention.  This is not a movie you can walk away from for minutes at a time and expect to keep up with it.

I'd definitely recomend seeing it.  It's not CGI, or effects rich, like Avatar, so if you just don't want to spend the money at the theater, you won't miss much when it comes out on Blu-Ray.  I didn't walk out dissappointed though.

I'd give it a solid 9 out of 10.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions