Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Latest and greatest on Newton

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Latest and greatest on Newton
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 02:47:42 PM »
No offense to those sites JA, but I don't get most info I know from those sites. I will be honest, the skreets I have (can't speak for Prowler) come from several ex athletes at AU who are still close to the Ath Dept. Simple as that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jadennis

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 02:55:18 PM »
I wasn't so much saying it's technically those sites, as I know many of you guys know people who know things (yes Kaos, perhaps even Prowler  ;) ).  I just said it because I always see the exact same information on those sites and on this site, and typically at nearly the exact same time. 

It doesn't mean anything, it just means ultimately the rumors start from the one originating source and then make their way out to everyone through various means (Rivals, AUC, "da skreets" on here, a buddy in the athletic department, etc). 

I put the  :poke: icon because I was just poking fun. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 03:46:19 PM »
I wasn't so much saying it's technically those sites, as I know many of you guys know people who know things (yes Kaos, perhaps even Prowler  ;) ).  I just said it because I always see the exact same information on those sites and on this site, and typically at nearly the exact same time. 

It doesn't mean anything, it just means ultimately the rumors start from the one originating source and then make their way out to everyone through various means (Rivals, AUC, "da skreets" on here, a buddy in the athletic department, etc). 

I put the  :poke: icon because I was just poking fun. 

Oh yeah - well I think your an ass.... :)   :poke:

Serious though, I see what youre are getting at. Sometimes this stuff is leaked at opportune times as well. I know Ive had a source or two of mine tell me to keep it close to the vest until X Date. And I try to honor it when I know its something real confidential. Remember too, that the skreets are for the here and now. Things change. 2 months ago Ahmad Dixon looked like an Auburn lock. Now? Not so much, things really changed with him.....doesn't mean the skreets were wrong though. ;)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 03:56:46 PM »
Wow.....yall just can't stand it.  I don't get all of my information from Rivals, Scout, AuburnUndercover, whatever, a lot of my information I receive from emails or texts.  Now, I'm not sure if those people get their information of those websites, but I do know that there have been times when I've post info here before it was on either of the other sites.  Therefore, the "Skreets" stay.
I swear on all that is holy that I am NOT taking sides, but ironically enough, you posted "Da word on da skreets" about Meyer's resignation at the SAME EXACT TIME that the crawl came across the bottom of the screen during whatever football game was on ESPN the other night - I saw your thread title because I started my thread on the subject about 30 seconds before you did - and the thread you posted was immediately deleted when you saw I had beat you to it - and from subsequent posts, it was obvious you were watching ESPN just like I was.

So one would be lead to assume that ESPN lives on your skreets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 04:34:54 PM »
I swear on all that is holy that I am NOT taking sides, but ironically enough, you posted "Da word on da skreets" about Meyer's resignation at the SAME EXACT TIME that the crawl came across the bottom of the screen during whatever football game was on ESPN the other night - I saw your thread title because I started my thread on the subject about 30 seconds before you did - and the thread you posted was immediately deleted when you saw I had beat you to it - and from subsequent posts, it was obvious you were watching ESPN just like I was.

So one would be lead to assume that ESPN lives on your skreets.
My friend, that lives in Gainsville, texted me about the resignation and that I'd hear about it "pretty soon"...I was watching the movie "UP" when he texted me.  That's when I jumped on the Internet to find out what the hell was going on, only to find two more messages in my inbox with the last one telling me that ESPN is talking about it.  That's when I posted about it on The X, because, at the time, there wasn't a post about it (probably because you were posting about it at about the same time that I was).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »
My friend, that lives in Gainsville, texted me about the resignation and that I'd hear about it "pretty soon"...I was watching the movie "UP" when he texted me.  That's when I jumped on the Internet to find out what the hell was going on, only to find two more messages in my inbox with the last one telling me that ESPN is talking about it.  That's when I posted about it on The X, because, at the time, there wasn't a post about it (probably because you were posting about it at about the same time that I was).
Again, not taking sides - just an observation...

ESPN Skreet is as good as Sesame Street...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 07:23:46 PM »
My friend, that lives in Gainsville, texted me about the resignation and that I'd hear about it "pretty soon"...I was watching the movie "UP" when he texted me.  That's when I jumped on the Internet to find out what the hell was going on, only to find two more messages in my inbox with the last one telling me that ESPN is talking about it.  That's when I posted about it on The X, because, at the time, there wasn't a post about it (probably because you were posting about it at about the same time that I was).

Prowler's cat is wired for the skreets.  

BTW, I'm not taking sides either, I'm just chuckling in amusement at the depth of the plea for legitimacy -- and its ultimate failure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 09:59:56 PM »
I'm thinking that the distance thing for the Newtons will be all but eliminated upon committing to Auburn.
I'm thinking there is no purpose whatsoever in holding out for a final decision to go to Starkville.
I'm thinking that the talent level being brought in at AU will help showcase ones talent for all to see.
I'm thinking that the decision to play Chris Todd in 2009 over the other scholarship QBs on campus leads a JC QB to believe he can come right in without much resistance.

I'm thinking a certain OC and QB coach has special powers of persuasion when it comes to his offense and his plans for it in 2010.
I'm thinking that Rollison may or may not be on campus either way and the addition of Newton will only enhance team chemistry, competition, formations and physicality along with the other QBs and Burns.
I'm thinking that upon getting Newton, other top rated athletes will commit as well.
I had Todd pegged as the starter even when his arm was in a sling and us winning eight with or without a bowl.
I'm thinking he's ours. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 12:09:09 AM »
Prowler's cat is wired for the skreets.  

BTW, I'm not taking sides either, I'm just chuckling in amusement at the depth of the plea for legitimacy -- and its ultimate failure.
Nope....no plea for legitimacy here and if you're calling "da skreets" as ultimate failure, you might want to re-check all of the times that it has been correct.  Everyone will be awaiting your next post about the legitimacy of "da skreets" and you backing up the statement that it's an ultimate failure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 09:51:45 AM »

The cat looks very enthusiastic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 10:21:08 AM »
Everyone will be awaiting your next post about the legitimacy of "da skreets" and you backing up the statement that it's an ultimate failure.

WarTim, is that you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 11:11:57 AM »
To be fair to Kaos on your challenge to get him to find bad information, I don't think he's so much questioning if your skreets are right or wrong, but if the information your skreets produces is unique to the skreets, and is in fact "insider"...or if it's the same as (as TigerWench impartially pointed out) ESPN, etc.

I'm not actually taking sides either, as I mentioned earlier, I know some of you guys do know people that know things and are closer to the root of a lot of the information that comes out. 

Uniqueness or promptness of the information aside, the skreets are at least good for discussion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 11:33:32 AM »
To be fair to Kaos on your challenge to get him to find bad information, I don't think he's so much questioning if your skreets are right or wrong, but if the information your skreets produces is unique to the skreets, and is in fact "insider"...or if it's the same as (as TigerWench impartially pointed out) ESPN, etc.

I'm not actually taking sides either, as I mentioned earlier, I know some of you guys do know people that know things and are closer to the root of a lot of the information that comes out. 

Uniqueness or promptness of the information aside, the skreets are at least good for discussion.

As someone once pointed out to me, some things are said and should be taken as "tongue in cheek".  Some people live by it and even fail to recognize it.  Myself at times...

Just a thought...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »
In case anyone is wondering, for the record, I gotz no skreets...

But I read the shit out of Rivals...

And I say CN is ours...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 01:25:28 PM »
In case anyone is wondering, for the record, I gotz no skreets...

But I read the shit out of Rivals...

And I say CN is ours...

It's funny.  Rivals posters and folks seem to lean that he's going Auburn.  Scout posters seem to be leaning and making each other believe he's going to MSU.

He's supposedly backed his decision off until Saturday now also.  IFFF that's the case, maybe he wants to see another Auburn game before deciding??  Interesting...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 01:41:39 PM »
He looks like one of my cats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »
He has waited to long now.  I think he is going to Miss State.  He could just be waiting to see what happens at UF and if Mullen is going to stay in Starkville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
He looks like one of my cats.

The thing about cats is, that by admitting to owning one or more, you've basically announced to everyone that you have a box of SHIT in your house. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 02:21:55 PM »
The thing about cats is, that by admitting to owning one or more, you've basically announced to everyone that you have a box of poop in your house. 

Not unless the little pussycat is an outside rodent killer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2009, 03:11:38 PM »
The thing about cats is, that by admitting to owning one or more, you've basically announced to everyone that you have a box of poop in your house. 

That's not all. It's in the corner of the bathroom where the rest of the shit goes. The shit out of my ass, off of my teeth and off of my body. If you want I can provide pics?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions