Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

#1 JUCO prospect visiting Auburn

Ogre

#1 JUCO prospect visiting Auburn
« on: December 18, 2009, 09:43:33 AM »
Cameron Newton, 5* QB originally from Westlake High School in Atlanta, will be visiting Auburn this weekend.  He's narrowed his choices down to Auburn, Oklahoma and Mississippi State.  He wants to make a decision within the next 10 days.  Should be interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: #1 JUCO prospect visiting Auburn
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 10:14:08 AM »
Cameron Newton, 5* QB originally from Westlake High School in Atlanta, will be visiting Auburn this weekend.  He's narrowed his choices down to Auburn, Oklahoma and Mississippi State.  He wants to make a decision within the next 10 days.  Should be interesting.

I need a link or I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to wack your own pee-pee.

I hope this is the case.  You can't have too many big time QBs on the roster.  We've had a ton of could be's and should be's.  I want some big time, can't miss guys under center.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 10:26:06 AM »
They have been talking about this on Rivals. This has me scared a little for 2 reasons:

1. This may mean that they are not on the TR band wagon and he did something more than what people realize and the coaches have lost faith. If that is the reason, I am dissappointed, but at least the coaches aren't trying to "force" the TR thing to work and realize they need a back-up plan.

2. This dude was the one that originally signed with Florida and then got kicked off the team for stealing a kids computer a couple years ago.

Either way, I think this is a "plan B" and not part of the coaches original plans. I think the coaches were going to give TR the reighns next year, and if they take a chance on this kid, it means, for what ever reason, that they have doubts about letting TR lead this team.

Again, this is just speculation on my part but I don't see bringing this kid in as a "good" thing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 10:58:07 AM »
This is what I was thinking too WE! We havent recruited a QB at all this whole year then all the sudden a few weeks after TR's undisclosed troubles Newton shows up at Auburn. Something tells me that Rollisons suspension may very well be for a year like originally rumored. Auburn hasnt offered Newton as of yet that we know of, but this whole situation has been kept quiet for both of these guys.

As far as Newtons past discretions though, Chizik has shown he is not scared to boot a guy for grades or questionable character so I feel pretty good that if Auburn does offer Newton then the coaches feel pretty comfortable that Newton has done an about face.

In mind, I do see this as a sign of something going on with Rollison. Newton has a freakin cannon for an arm and he is a good fit for this type of offense so I say lets pull the trigger and get this guy in here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »
Okay...time for my own "conspiracy theory"...

A few weeks back, we heard from Luper that we will have a big commit by Christmas.  Not long after that, we hear that Rollison is suspended for the Bowl Game.  Now, we start hearing that Newton is visiting and says he wants to make a decision by Christmas.

Any of you think Rollison may have had a pouty fit when he found out they were going after Newton...and thus the reason for the suspension?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:13:43 AM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 11:16:15 AM »
Now I am hearing rumors of some 6-12 495lb stud QB we might be getting. This day is turning out supercalafragilisticexpealadocious!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:18:39 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 11:17:03 AM »
Okay...time for my own "conspiracy theory"...

A few weeks back, we heard from Luper that we will have a big commit by Christmas.  Not long after that, we hear that Rollison is suspended for the Bowl Game.  Now, we start hearing that Newton is visiting and says he wants to make a decision by Christmas.

Any of you think Rollison may have had a pouty fit when he found out they were going after Newton...and thus the reason for the suspension?

Might very well be the case. The other case is might very well be his grades, or both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 11:18:13 AM »
Now I am hearing rumors of some 6-12 495lb stud QB we might be getting.

Yeah, I think he is a direct decedent of a Nephilum (or Giant)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:18:46 AM »
Now I am hearing rumors of some 6-12 495lb stud QB we might be getting.

Pfft...I hear he's only a 3 star.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 11:20:09 AM »
Wait a tick 6-12...wouldn't that be 7' ...I think my information might be wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:06 AM »
Wait a tick 6-12...wouldn't that be 7' ...I think my information might be wrong.

I wasnt gonna poke at ya for that but since you brought it up...... :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 11:29:01 AM »
I wasnt gonna poke at ya for that but since you brought it up...... :poke:
No actually I confirmed, he is 6-12...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 11:52:20 AM »
My feeling is we have a big time QB prospect who sees the possibility of quick playing time at an SEC program on it's way up.  No staff on the face of God's green earth is going to say, Naaa..we've got already got a QB who has never set foot on the field.  Is it possible that Auburn could have more than one top shelf QB on the roster.  Has Florida not had this kid, John Brantley and Tim Tebow on the roster?  Didn't Georgia have 3-4 Five star QB's on their roster last year? 

There may be something up with Rollison but nobody knows anything other than he's suspended for a game.  I'm also not worried about the incident at UF.  There are people who learn from their mistakes and take advantage of 2nd chances.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »
My feeling is we have a big time QB prospect who sees the possibility of quick playing time at an SEC program on it's way up.  No staff on the face of God's green earth is going to say, Naaa..we've got already got a QB who has never set foot on the field.  Is it possible that Auburn could have more than one top shelf QB on the roster.  Has Florida not had this kid, John Brantley and Tim Tebow on the roster?  Didn't Georgia have 3-4 Five star QB's on their roster last year? 

There may be something up with Rollison but nobody knows anything other than he's suspended for a game.  I'm also not worried about the incident at UF.  There are people who learn from their mistakes and take advantage of 2nd chances.   
This man knows...he is a lawyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »
Lets get him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 12:08:07 PM »

I fucking hate logic!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 12:23:52 PM »

Maybe. But why now? We haven't even recruited a QB at all. The coaches said earlier in the year that we weren't taking one. I am pretty sure that this kid has been playing football all year. Why right now? After the "suspension" of TR. Something is up...I am just not sure what it is...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 12:32:30 PM »
Maybe. But why now? We haven't even recruited a QB at all. The coaches said earlier in the year that we weren't taking one. I am pretty sure that this kid has been playing football all year. Why right now? After the "suspension" of TR. Something is up...I am just not sure what it is...

Killjoy.  Stick in the mud.  I hope a black helicopter crashes into your sister's house.

Okay, maybe the helicopter thing was a little harsh.  I hope your sister is okay
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 12:37:33 PM »

Killjoy.  Stick in the mud.  I hope a black helicopter crashes into your sister's house.

Okay, maybe the helicopter thing was a little harsh.  I hope your sister is okay

HAHA...jokes on you! I don't even have a sister...dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 12:56:06 PM »
Common sense says though, if a former UF QB, 5* QB and QB that might WANT to come to Auburn, and has only 2 years, giving your newb time to develop, it's hard to pass that up...

It's going to be interesting for sure...

Looks like the charges against him were dropped according to scout...

Newton left Florida after being accused of stealing a laptop from another student. The charges have since been dropped against Newton and he says his real reason for leaving Gainesville was that he wanted a chance to play.

“My experiences at Florida were excellent,” Newton says. “My only negative at Florida was that I didn’t get a chance to play. A lot of people got the vibe that I got kicked off the team because of a legal issue, but that legal issue took care of itself. All of the charges are dropped from it. I left Florida because I could see myself being a key component to a team and I wanted the chance to showcase my ability.”

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions