Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Urban Meyer put on suicide watch!

Urban Meyer put on suicide watch!
« on: December 17, 2009, 09:50:56 AM »
Just saw on rivals where FL is expecting 8-10 Jr's to file for the NFL.  YIKES!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Urban Meyer put on suicide watch!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 10:01:13 AM »
Just saw on rivals where FL is expecting 8-10 Jr's to file for the NFL.  YIKES!!!
Rumor that was going around on the boards after the SECCG said that basically any JR of importance was leaving. Now we're really going to see how they have developed their talent. Here is a list of the guys supposedly leaving:

CB Joe Haden
DE Carlos Dunlap
TE Aaron Hernandez
The Pouncey Twins (Both are starting OL)
S Ahmad Black
RB Chris Rainey

Here are the guys that are still thinking about leaving:
OL Carl Johnson
OL Marcus Gilbert
DT Lawrence Marsh

How shitty would it be to lose your starting QB, starting RB, 4 starting OL and a starting TE? If they are smart, they will all leave. First due to the impending rookie salary cap, and then because they won't have Tebow to carry them next year. This is as high as their stock will be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 10:49:15 AM »
OUCH! That HC job at Notre Dame is looking even better. Too bad Meyer is too late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 11:50:01 AM »
How poopty would it be to lose your starting QB, starting RB, 4 starting OL and a starting TE? If they are smart, they will all leave. First due to the impending rookie salary cap, and then because they won't have Tebow to carry them next year. This is as high as their stock will be.

Their starting QB is their starting RB.  Of the 7 supposedly leaving, I would think Rainey is the smallest loss. 

Black, Haden, and Dunlap will make a huge difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 09:57:34 AM »
Their starting QB is their starting RB.  Of the 7 supposedly leaving, I would think Rainey is the smallest loss. 

Black, Haden, and Dunlap will make a huge difference.
So will the Pouncey Twins
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jadennis

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 10:17:27 AM »
So will the Pouncey Twins

They'll make a difference, but honestly, that line didn't perform well this year....they gave up 28 sacks, which was 10th in the SEC, 70th in the country.  (Tennessee and Georgia led the SEC, only giving up 12, Auburn only gave up 18).

You're right, they'll be missed, because of their experience and leadership and things like that, but as far as straight up numbers, I would think new members of the line could probably perform as well as this years line.

Separate note, LSU gave up 35 sacks this year, good for #107 nationally.  Holy shit that's bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 10:27:07 PM »
I think he just wanted to say Pouncey Twins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.