Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Today is the beginning of early signing period

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Today is the beginning of early signing period
« on: December 16, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »
Craig Sanders and Jessel Curry are signing the dotted line for Auburn this morning.

Roszell Gayden will sign tonight. Most expect him to sign with Auburn to add to our OL depth.

Ken Adams is still up in the air.

All of these will count towards last years class.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Today is the beginning of early signing period
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »
Last word is that Adams might not get out in December after all.  I think this is why he's up in the air now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 11:28:41 AM »
Last word is that Adams might not get out in December after all.  I think this is why he's up in the air now.

That stinks just a wittle bit. I was hoping this guy would be able to count towards last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 12:28:40 PM »
I'm also worried a bit about Gayden.  He just visited Cal and really like it.  I know most recruits like anywhere they visit, so it may not mean much.  But he said things about the players and really fitting in there and things like that. 

Oklahoma is also no slouch, so I think he could end up at any of his three finalists.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 12:35:19 PM »
I feel better about Gayden than I do Mosely.  Who knows.  Hopefully we all will by the end of the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 01:41:35 PM »
Have we ever signed this many kids during early signing period?  I don't remember it if we have.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Aubie16

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »
Have we ever signed this many kids during early signing period?  I don't remember it if we have.

I don't know if we've ever had a year that we could add 30 kids and still be under the 85. (Actually we can add 29 without attrition. If we sign 30, at least one current member of the team will have to leave.)

It is also fairly rare to have 2 HS kids that are graduating early.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
So far, by the end of the day anyway, we will have 4 signed to Auburn with all 4 going to count with last years class. AUsome! Still waiting to see if Adams signs with Auburn would make 5 that counts towards last year. We can sign 25 for this year, so we can actually sign 30.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 02:07:59 PM »
Scout has us at #12 now and Rivals has us at #7.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »

Freeman, Fairley, and McCalebb were in Spring practice last year, but no high school kids.  Don't know about previous years, but I would say you're probably right, this is probably the most we've had...especially since it's a relatively new thing for the HS kids to try to get in school by January.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

djsimp

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »
The only HS kid that I can remember was Ben Tate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions