No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Where's Ingram?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 01:58:09 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/All-Decade-Team-Vote-for-the-best-running-back?urn=ncaaf,208978
All three of those backs were obviously better in college than Ingram. I'm a little surprised that Bush has flopped in the NFL the way he has, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »
All three of those backs were obviously better in college than Ingram. I'm a little surprised that Bush has flopped in the NFL the way he has, though.
I'm not...much like the same issues Tebow will have if he decides to stay a QB...everyone is that fast in the NFL (or in Tebow's case elusive).  Who surprises me is McFadden, of course he does play for a shitty team, but still I thought he was made for the pros.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 02:18:31 PM »
I don't know that Bush has been a total flop just yet.  It appears he'll only be an option to go to as far as carries go and not the #1 back.  But he does have 252 receptions in less than 4 years and has been injured part of that time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jadennis

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 02:20:54 PM »
and where's Coffee, Darby, and Shaud Williams?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 02:38:41 PM »
How, in the hell, can you call Reggie Bush a flop???????????????

32 Career TD's in only his 4th season.

Over 3300 total yards in only his 4th season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 02:52:50 PM »

Yeah, I'm with you.

Plus he's banging this:

so that gets him some extra credits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 03:44:21 PM »

Yes, relative to what he was supposed to be, Bush has flopped. He can't stay healthy, and he isn't even the go-to guy on the ground or in the air. He's averaging 6 carries and 3 receptions per game this season. Adrian Peterson has been in the league for 3 years and is putting up better stats. He's averaging 20 carries per game this season for that matter. And thats with Brett Favre as QB, who has thrown 1 more pass than Brees this season. So, its not like Bush isn't getting an opportunity to carry where Peterson isn't. There are two guys getting carries in front of Bush is all. One has been in the league 4 years, and the other 3 years. Maximum floppage, if you ask me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 04:06:59 PM »
Darren McFlop does play for a shitty team, but he hasn't looked like an NFL back since he came out.

As for Bush, no one expected him to be an every-down back.  The Saints had a damn good back, (Deuce McCallister) when they drafted him and didn't intend to give him 20 carries a game. 

Aside from the injuries, Bush has done exactly what the NFL scouts thought he would do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »
Darren McFlop does play for a shitty team, but he hasn't looked like an NFL back since he came out.

As for Bush, no one expected him to be an every-down back.  The Saints had a damn good back, (Deuce McCallister) when they drafted him and didn't intend to give him 20 carries a game. 

Aside from the injuries, Bush has done exactly what the NFL scouts thought he would do.
Only problem with this is McAllister isn't there anymore, and two guys are getting the ball in front of Bush. He's basically a third teamer/situational guy. And the guys ahead of him have the same years, or less, in the league. Bush basically split time with McAllister his rookie year, then McAllister was out for the majority of Bush's 2nd year, then saw limited action in Bush's 3rd year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 04:24:35 PM »
Only problem with this is McAllister isn't there anymore, and two guys are getting the ball in front of Bush. He's basically a third teamer/situational guy. And the guys ahead of him have the same years, or less, in the league. Bush basically split time with McAllister his rookie year, then McAllister was out for the majority of Bush's 2nd year, then saw limited action in Bush's 3rd year.

But my point is, they didn't draft Bush to be Deuce's replacement.  They drafted him to be a hybrid "space" player.  Some touches out of the backfield, some passes in the slot, some reverses and some down-field passes.  He was drafted as a situational guy, because everyone and their mom knew he wasn't big enough to handle 15-25 carries a game. 

I say he's done exactly what's been asked of him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »

I think it's all relative.  Heisman trophy winner, one of the better backs in college football history, etc.

By comparison,
Adrian Peterson has over 5,000 total yards in 3 seasons.
Marshawn Lynch has 3,220 total yards in 3 seasons.
DeAngelo Williams has 4,700 total yards in 4 years.

And those are just a few guys on that list.

If you factor in what guys like Maurice Jones-Drew (5,400 total yards, 52 TDS in 4 years), and Joseph Addai (4,600 total yards, 42 TDs in 4 years) have done, it starts to make Bush look like a "flop" by comparison.

I agree with you though, he's not a "flop" in terms of being a valuable players.  He's a weapon for sure.  

I just think people use "bust" relative to expectations...he was, after all, the #2 pick in the entire draft, and is therefore judged with the expectations that come with that draft pick.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 04:57:04 PM »
But my point is, they didn't draft Bush to be Deuce's replacement.  They drafted him to be a hybrid "space" player.  Some touches out of the backfield, some passes in the slot, some reverses and some down-field passes.  He was drafted as a situational guy, because everyone and their mom knew he wasn't big enough to handle 15-25 carries a game.  

I say he's done exactly what's been asked of him.

He's not a bust, but you have to remember he was the #2 pick in the draft, so he has to be judged accordingly.  He also has to be judged according to the production of the other guys that have been in the league 3 and 4 years (see my examples in the other post).  

He is 6', 205 lbs, it's not like he's Dexter McCluster.  If he's a delicate beach boy and is injured half the time, then that's actually part of the argument for him being a "bust".  Again, I don't say he's quite a "bust", but relative to him being the #2 overall pick, and looking at the production of guys like Jones-Drew, he could certainly be called a disappointment.

3.9 yards per carry for his career doesn't help either.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:00:13 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 05:14:58 PM »
I heard Ingram was taking drama classes next semester.

CJ Spiller will be the big surprise in the NFL breaking and setting new records.

Doak Walker

Critics: Spiller isn't a "pure" running back like Stanford's Toby Gerhart or Alabama's Mark Ingram.  

I thought catching the ball out of the backfield was part of being a running back?  His 445 yards receiving and four touchdowns is by far the best out of the three.  He averaged 5.7 yards per carry, the same as eventual winner Gerhart.

He also was only one of two running backs to rush for 100-plus yards against TCU's defense.

And this was all done behind a porous offensive line with a redshirt-freshman quarterback.

Seriously, if all three were on the same team, who would start?  My money is on the guy who was clocked at 28 m.p.h. by ESPN

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/309164-clemsons-cj-spillers-reward-will-be-an-nfl-1st-round-draft-pick
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:15:54 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions