Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Marcus Lattimore...

Marcus Lattimore...
« on: December 16, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »
hosted Gus Malzahn at his home last night for a visit.  What does this mean?  Who knows...  BUT... It's been talked about that we are trying to get him, rather than Seastrunk.  This seems to support that.   Chances are, if we get Lattimore, we get Mack. 

I'd be shocked though if Seastrunk wanted to commit, that we'd turn him away.  According to the The Sporting News, as late as this last week, we were still the leader with Seastrunk.

Interesting mess we're in...  I hope we don't end up losing out on both.  I think Lattimore is still heavily leaning to SC.  At least he was before this visit....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Marcus Lattimore...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 10:36:34 AM »
hosted Gus Malzahn at his home last night for a visit.  What does this mean?  Who knows...  BUT... It's been talked about that we are trying to get him, rather than Seastrunk.  This seems to support that.   Chances are, if we get Lattimore, we get Mack. 

I'd be shocked though if Seastrunk wanted to commit, that we'd turn him away.  According to the The Sporting News, as late as this last week, we were still the leader with Seastrunk.

Interesting mess we're in...  I hope we don't end up losing out on both.  I think Lattimore is still heavily leaning to SC.  At least he was before this visit....

I read that Mack was angry about the guy recruiting him to SC left. This was the same recruiter that was after Lattimore also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »
I read that Mack was angry about the guy recruiting him to SC left. This was the same recruiter that was after Lattimore also.

Hadn't seen that he was "angry", but it sure didn't help.  haha... well...SC anyway.   :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 11:31:07 AM »
Hadn't seen that he was "angry", but it sure didn't help.  haha... well...SC anyway.   :thumbsup:

Your right, it sure didnt help SC but it does give us an even better chance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 08:03:22 PM »
Marcus stated in an interview posted on Rivals.com (not the Auburn affiliate) that, "...if I was going to South Carolina, I would have committed already."   Asked if he modeled himself after any running back, or had someone he'd like to mirror, he responded that he would choose Ronnie Brown.

He talked about Auburn first when asked about the different schools, and for those that have seen the video (I have), it's very clear he's a big Auburn lean. 

He IS going to finish out his visits, and has made it known that he will committ the day before signing day.

I tried to post the video earlier, but while it's NOT on a premium page, the video itself does require a subscription.

Good stuff, and possible good news.

...it's going to be interesting, because according to an article on ESPN, Auburn is a leader for Seastrunk currently still as well.

Lattimore has talked about his being "okay" with playing with Dyer, noting that he has no doubt they both would play.  I've not seen in any article, or interview claiming the same understanding from Seastrunk.

2 5* backs...nice.  Let's hope we don't let it get so mucked up we lose both, because it's clear we're in the running for at least one more if not both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »
Marcus stated in an interview posted on Rivals.com (not the Auburn affiliate) that, "...if I was going to South Carolina, I would have committed already."   Asked if he modeled himself after any running back, or had someone he'd like to mirror, he responded that he would choose Ronnie Brown.

He talked about Auburn first when asked about the different schools, and for those that have seen the video (I have), it's very clear he's a big Auburn lean. 

He IS going to finish out his visits, and has made it known that he will committ the day before signing day.

I tried to post the video earlier, but while it's NOT on a premium page, the video itself does require a subscription.

Good stuff, and possible good news.

...it's going to be interesting, because according to an article on ESPN, Auburn is a leader for Seastrunk currently still as well.

Lattimore has talked about his being "okay" with playing with Dyer, noting that he has no doubt they both would play.  I've not seen in any article, or interview claiming the same understanding from Seastrunk.

2 5* backs...nice.  Let's hope we don't let it get so mucked up we lose both, because it's clear we're in the running for at least one more if not both.
I don't think ESPN updates every player, every few weeks.  That might be why they're still thinking that Auburn is currently a leader for Lache.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
Regarding the Lattimore video.....Chop you couldn't be any more correct when you said:

When the Rivals guy asked him about his previous Official Visits of Auburn and Penn State, and what he thought of them, Lattimore's first words about those two schools where....I love Auburn (his tone changed when he said it), the city, the coaches, the offense.  Then he said, they got Michael Dyer, but we're buddies.
Then the Rivals guy said that everyone assumed when Auburn got Dyer that all the RBs would drop off, Lattimore replied with Oh No...No.  Causing the Rivals guy, that has always stated that Lattimore was going to USCe, to ask "is Auburn the leader, is that what you're saying?!?!?"  Then the Rivals guy said, lets get to your "real" leader USCe (he seems like he's pushing a little hard for Lattimore to stay in South Carolina).

I wouldn't be surprised if Auburn lands Marcus Lattimore.  Because seeing him talk about Auburn was almost the same as seeing Michael Dyer talk about Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 11:24:19 PM »
I don't think ESPN updates every player, every few weeks.  That might be why they're still thinking that Auburn is currently a leader for Lache.

This was reported TODAY by Jamie Newberg on ESPN Radio (Dunway & Brown?).  It's current info actually (to them anyway).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 11:26:04 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 03:14:25 AM »
This was reported TODAY by Jamie Newberg on ESPN Radio (Dunway & Brown?).  It's current info actually (to them anyway).
Something's not right about that situation, ESPN stated that Auburn and LSU where his final two.  Auburn and LSU seem to be moving on from Lache, does he have grade issues?  I remember him stating, back around Summer time, that he was planning on signing early, wherever he decides to go....so, unless he had unexpected trouble in some of his Senior classes, then I don't see grades being an issue.  So, I don't get it.

Auburn:
***** Michael Dyer, RB

LSU:
**** Jakhari Gore, RB
*** Alfred Blue, RB
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions