Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Irony

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Irony
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2009, 02:38:19 PM »
Wait just one minute sir.  There may be circumstances that preclude him from winning it and that's unfair to judge him because of that.

* in good academic standing, and
    * on schedule to graduate within one year of students in their eligibility classification.

I find it appalling that you are trying to judge smark hingram by these whacked out standards.

BTW Gerhart also won the Jim Brown Trophy presented to the top running back in college football by the Touchdown Club of Columbus.  Which also has been given to every Heisman RB since its inception in 1991 save for one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2009, 02:39:25 PM »
I think AUTiger1 brings up a good point. Does anyone besides myself think that Gerhart didnt win it because he no where near as much TV across the nation as Ingram did? I mean most of the people on this side of the country got a heavy dose of Ingram rather than some West coast team that plays past most peoples bed time on a team that sucked ass the last decade...or two.
Oh absofuckinlutly...Gerhart puts those numbers up playing for USC, this irony thread dosen't exist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2009, 02:40:28 PM »
Oh absofuckinlutly...Gerhart puts those numbers up playing for USC, this irony thread dosen't exist.

ding ding ding

I continue to stand by my statement that the Heisman has been a joke at LEAST since Peyton Manning didn't win it.  Maybe before then.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:42:41 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2009, 02:43:47 PM »
BTW Gerhart also won the Jim Brown Trophy presented to the top running back in college football by the Touchdown Club of Columbus.  Which also has been given to every Heisman RB since its inception in 1991 save for one.

Raises hand b/c he knows the answer to this question!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2009, 02:43:56 PM »
Why is this thread still going on? Simply put Mark won the Heisman for three reasons. 1)He did very well in big games on national television, except allbarn. 2) He had a good game against Florida center stage and all as well as a big play right after UF's touchdown to make the game a game. 3) Alabama had never had a Heisman before and the voters felt like it was time. End of discussion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2009, 02:48:16 PM »
Why is this thread still going on? Simply put Mark won the Heisman for three reasons. 1)He did very well in big games on national television, except allbarn. 2) He had a good game against Florida center stage and all as well as a big play right after UF's touchdown to make the game a game. 3) Alabama had never had a Heisman before and the voters felt like it was time. End of discussion.
Because it is fun to point out others shortcomings?

...and the season is over for now.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:49:32 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2009, 03:15:50 PM »
3) Alabama had never had a Heisman before and the voters felt like it was time.

Well, that's finally a good reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2009, 03:22:45 PM »
Well, that's finally a good reason.
It is one of the "main" reasons I don't know how good it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2009, 03:36:11 PM »
It is one of the "main" reasons I don't know how good it is.

You're better than that, Spanish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2009, 06:59:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2009, 07:05:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2009, 07:10:23 PM »
Ummmm yeah, sooooo.... that wasn't a bammer.
Then I stand corrected.

All bammers are tards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2009, 08:04:54 PM »
Back on subject:

At least one bammer gets it...

http://forums.tidesports.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631098265/m/3331014059/r/3501034059
No issue with Tebow crying. I never took part in the ridicule of him over that. The guy couldn't have given a classier interview after the game. THAT is how you compliment a team and/or player. THAT is how you answer a question asked by somebody trying to set you up. He wasn't talking shit before the game, or after. No problems. Not really a Tebow fan either, but the guy can't help how much the media slobs his knob. Tate was walking around giving back handed compliments out. What do you expect to get out of that? Had Ingram said what Tate said, I would fully expect the same thing from you guys if the shoe were on the other foot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2009, 08:26:52 PM »
No issue with Tebow crying. I never took part in the ridicule of him over that. The guy couldn't have given a classier interview after the game. THAT is how you compliment a team and/or player. THAT is how you answer a question asked by somebody trying to set you up. He wasn't talking poop before the game, or after. No problems. Not really a Tebow fan either, but the guy can't help how much the media slobs his knob. Tate was walking around giving back handed compliments out. What do you expect to get out of that? Had Ingram said what Tate said, I would fully expect the same thing from you guys if the shoe were on the other foot. 

Did you happen to read the whole quote?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2009, 10:13:02 PM »
No issue with Tebow crying. I never took part in the ridicule of him over that. The guy couldn't have given a classier interview after the game. THAT is how you compliment a team and/or player. THAT is how you answer a question asked by somebody trying to set you up. He wasn't talking poop before the game, or after. No problems. Not really a Tebow fan either, but the guy can't help how much the media slobs his knob. Tate was walking around giving back handed compliments out. What do you expect to get out of that? Had Ingram said what Tate said, I would fully expect the same thing from you guys if the shoe were on the other foot.  

Oooohhh...  He thought he was the best player in the state.  What a phukup!!  All players should think they suck in comparison to other backs who have similar stats especially when those similar stats were compiled against lesser competition.  

I can't for the life of me think of a single reason Ben should consider himself in the same universe as Ingram.  He shouldn't have committed the blasphemy of thinking he could compare to a mighty Bama player. 

Fuck off, RWS.  I generally don't think you're a total idiot but on this topic you've become king puss of mommy partville.  

Here's a little nugget for you.  Ingram just finished his sophomore year.  He better leave now.  Because he won't be starting if he sticks around until he's a senior.  He isn't that good.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:14:30 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2009, 08:51:25 AM »
Oooohhh...  He thought he was the best player in the state.  What a phukup!!  All players should think they suck in comparison to other backs who have similar stats especially when those similar stats were compiled against lesser competition.  

I can't for the life of me think of a single reason Ben should consider himself in the same universe as Ingram.  He shouldn't have committed the blasphemy of thinking he could compare to a mighty Bama player. 

Fuck off, RWS.  I generally don't think you're a total idiot but on this topic you've become king puss of mommy partville.  

Here's a little nugget for you.  Ingram just finished his sophomore year.  He better leave now.  Because he won't be starting if he sticks around until he's a senior.  He isn't that good.
No, I don't think he should have said that he sucks. He should have done what other players and coaches do when a reporter tries to trap them with a question and get them to say some stupid shit. Avoid the question, or at the very least, if you are going to compliment, don't give a backhanded one. Thats what it was. If the roles were reversed, even though I think Ingram is the better back, I wouldn't be happy if he went out proclaiming it in the media. You just don't go out in the media saying that shit. I realize the person asking the question was trying to trap him into it, but still. The guy is a senior, and he should know better than to fall for that.

I don't think Tate is classless or anything like that. I still think he's a pretty good back, and I'm sure he's a good guy. He simply ran his mouth a little. It doesn't make him a horrible person, but it does open him up to take a little shit on down the road.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Ogre

« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2009, 10:13:51 AM »
Backhanded compliments?  You mean like this one, taken out of the same interview?

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: he’s a very good running back,” Tate said. “He’s having a great year. Their team is undefeated. He’s a great running back. I hope he wins the Heisman. Honestly, I’m serious when I say that because he’d be the first running back to win it since Reggie Bush, and I think he’s got the opportunity to do that.

What an asshole.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »
Backhanded compliments?  You mean like this one, taken out of the same interview?

What an butthole.

Thank you. It seems that this was left out of the game commentators efforts of quoting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions