Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Irony

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Irony
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »
What teams? year? score?

1995 6A State Championship game at Legion Field. Jeff Davis lost 7-6 to Central of Tuscaloosa by a missed XP. Your boy was MVP....Holla...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »
Ummm, uhhh... the middle... uhhh patella... painpills...DAMMIT!!!!
I knew it!  You didn't get recruited by teh Bahr.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Birmingham

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2009, 05:09:35 PM »
I knew it!  You didn't get recruited by teh Bahr.

Does that mean I have to stop telling people that?  I don't want to be the only person that doesn't tell that story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2009, 05:11:26 PM »
Tate may be a pussy for crying...but at least he doesn't QUIT during a football game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Birmingham

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2009, 05:16:17 PM »
Tate may be a pussy for crying...but at least he doesn't QUIT during a football game.

:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 05:26:05 PM by Vagisil »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »
:thumbsup:
By the way I meant to ask what is your stance on crying over a rule change in a fictional pick'em game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Birmingham

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2009, 06:16:03 PM »
By the way I meant to ask what is your stance on crying over a rule change in a fictional pick'em game?

You mean giving an opinion?  Well that depends on if your opinion was asked for.  If it was than I think it's okay to go ahead and give it.  If you associate "disagreeing" with "crying" than I'm sure this didn't answer your question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 06:57:21 PM »
These guys didn't cry....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2009, 07:30:54 PM »
Two scenarios.  Harboring two totally different emotions.  In this case the two different emotions presented the same reaction.  Crying.  If you're asking me if there's a difference in the two situations the answer is an obvious yes. 

Here's a question for you.  Say your buddy cries because you and him are watching a scary movie.  He cried from fear.  Now say your buddy cries because he's watching the birth of his daughter.  He cried from happiness.  What is your reaction to the two situations?  Are they the same?  Of course not, but both cried didn't they?  The two different situations merited one of them a reasonable or acceptable time to cry and one of them an embarrassing time to cry. 

Flip it up...

My buddy cries cause his baby is being born... I'm like, "shit dude, it's a damn baby.  It smells funny, will leach hundreds of thousands of dollars off you before you die, and your wife is the one going through all the pain... wtf is wrong with you?"

But it's not a scary movie that makes my other friend cry... it's the fact that he's worked 12 hours days 4 years in a row towards a promotion, and doesn't get it.  That's what makes tears come.  Fuck no I'm not going to bash on him for letting a few tears fall when he gets the news.  Being emotionally dedicated to something then have it fall to shambles?  Yeah, I'll turn the other way while you drop a few salty wet ones.

OK, so I wouldn't be like that to a friend having a kid.  But the fact is, I'm not making fun of Ingram because he cried... I'm making fun of the bammers that think there's a huge difference.  Extreme emotion... sadness, happiness... whatever it is, the fact is that EXTREME emotion causes tears. 

They're all "crybaby, crybaby, crybaby." Then when one of their guys cries on national TV.... "oh, it's different."

:rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2009, 08:39:11 PM »
Flip it up...

My buddy cries cause his baby is being born... I'm like, "poop dude, it's a damn baby.  It smells funny, will leach hundreds of thousands of dollars off you before you die, and your wife is the one going through all the pain... wtf is wrong with you?"

But it's not a scary movie that makes my other friend cry... it's the fact that he's worked 12 hours days 4 years in a row towards a promotion, and doesn't get it.  That's what makes tears come.  phuk no I'm not going to bash on him for letting a few tears fall when he gets the news.  Being emotionally dedicated to something then have it fall to shambles?  Yeah, I'll turn the other way while you drop a few salty wet ones.

OK, so I wouldn't be like that to a friend having a kid.  But the fact is, I'm not making fun of Ingram because he cried... I'm making fun of the bammers that think there's a huge difference.  Extreme emotion... sadness, happiness... whatever it is, the fact is that EXTREME emotion causes tears. 

They're all "crybaby, crybaby, crybaby." Then when one of their guys cries on national TV.... "oh, it's different."

:rolleyes:

Atleast you get it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2009, 08:49:15 PM »

Atleast you get it

At least you get it???  You know he's an Auburn fan right?  Maybe I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure he's an Auburn fan.  That's like Bush looking at Chaney after announcing we're not leaving Iraq and saying "atleast you get it."  (for the record the analogy just given is basically interchangeable with Obama looking at Biden... take your pick depending on your affiliation.)

Back to your comment.  It was the greatest post of this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2009, 08:56:58 PM »
You know how I know you're gay? 

You put a tremendous amount of time and effort discussing men crying.

All of you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2009, 09:00:11 PM »
The only reason I ever said anything about Tate boo-hooing was because of his smack talk. When you lay on that type of smack talk, get ready for whats coming to you. Had he not talked shit? I never would have said one word. I said it then, and I'm sticking to it now. Whether thats why my fellow fans are making fun of Ben Tate, I don't really know. Its sort of like some are with Vagisil. He talks an enormous amount of shit. Some real life shit happens, and more than likely, you guys aren't going to give a shit. Same deal with me. Its not that you are so much laughing at somebody's misfortune; you're just laughing at them getting theirs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2009, 12:54:39 AM »
The only reason I ever said anything about Tate boo-hooing was because of his smack talk. When you lay on that type of smack talk, get ready for whats coming to you. Had he not talked poop? I never would have said one word. I said it then, and I'm sticking to it now. Whether thats why my fellow fans are making fun of Ben Tate, I don't really know. Its sort of like some are with Vagisil. He talks an enormous amount of poop. Some real life poop happens, and more than likely, you guys aren't going to give a poop. Same deal with me. Its not that you are so much laughing at somebody's misfortune; you're just laughing at them getting theirs.

Yeah.  Mountains of smack talk.  Asked who he thought was the best and he said he was.  Know what?  He might be right.  Different teams, different situations.  Their numbers weren't really dissimilar. 

Stupid douches.  All of you bama pole-puffers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Birmingham

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2009, 07:39:48 AM »
Yeah.  Mountains of smack talk.  Asked who he thought was the best and he said he was.  Know what?  He might be right.  Different teams, different situations.  Their numbers weren't really dissimilar. 

Where's his hardware?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2009, 08:33:44 AM »
Bear recruits from the grave. Ain't some of his ashes on the field there? Ncaa infraction for having too many coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2009, 08:49:42 AM »

Stupid douches.  All of you bama pole-puffers. 
Every single coach in the SEC thinks Ingram is the better back. He was a unanimous first team All-SEC pick. I will trust their evaluation over yours, or Ben Tate's any day. Apparently, they don't think he is in the top 4 of SEC backs, as they picked two first teamers and two second teamers; Tate was not listed. Is Tate a good back? Certainly. But not the best back in the state. He said himself that if you asked teams in the SEC who is the best back in the state, he thinks it would be him. Looking at the All-SEC selections, which are voted on by coaches in the SEC, I would say his comment is a resounding fail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2009, 09:13:12 AM »
At least you get it???  You know he's an Auburn fan right?  Maybe I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure he's an Auburn fan.  That's like Bush looking at Chaney after announcing we're not leaving Iraq and saying "atleast you get it."  (for the record the analogy just given is basically interchangeable with Obama looking at Biden... take your pick depending on your affiliation.)

Back to your comment.  It was the greatest post of this thread.

:taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2009, 10:02:32 AM »
Every single coach in the SEC thinks Ingram is the better back. He was a unanimous first team All-SEC pick. I will trust their evaluation over yours, or Ben Tate's any day. Apparently, they don't think he is in the top 4 of SEC backs, as they picked two first teamers and two second teamers; Tate was not listed. Is Tate a good back? Certainly. But not the best back in the state. He said himself that if you asked teams in the SEC who is the best back in the state, he thinks it would be him. Looking at the All-SEC selections, which are voted on by coaches in the SEC, I would say his comment is a resounding fail.

You flip the two and put Tate where Ingram is and vice versa?  Team results would be about the same. 

Ingram is no better than Tate (or about six other backs in the SEC).   The situation made him, he didn't make the situation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.