Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Irony

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Irony
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »
Should that mean you and the others in this thread can't comprehend the difference why one may be a more acceptable time to cry than the other?  Stick to the topic.  Real men can cry and may not be afraid to do so.  That doesn't mean they won't cry at an inappropriate time and they shouldn't expect for people not to talk about it if that happens.  It just means they weren't afraid to do it.

It means you should read the smaller print.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 03:40:02 PM »
Two scenarios.  Harboring two totally different emotions.  In this case the two different emotions presented the same reaction.  Crying.  If you're asking me if there's a difference in the two situations the answer is an obvious yes. 

Here's a question for you.  Say your buddy cries because you and him are watching a scary movie.  He cried from fear.  Now say your buddy cries because he's watching the birth of his daughter.  He cried from happiness.  What is your reaction to the two situations?  Are they the same?  Of course not, but both cried didn't they?  The two different situations merited one of them a reasonable or acceptable time to cry and one of them an embarrassing time to cry. 

Honest question. Have you played any sort of sport at the high school level or above? My guess is no.

If so, congratulations. I'll bet you were the one on the team that never got any real playing time, so you weren't "emotionally invested" in the team. You probably just played to wear the jersey on fridays and offered nothing more to the team other than to be an extra man when the real team was scheming for your next opponent. When the team lost, you showed no emotions, again because you weren't really into being on the team.

You laughed at those upset or crying. Why were they crying? Not because of embarassment, but because they knew that they put everything they had into the team, left it all out on the field so to say, and still came up short. It really is hard to comprehend the sadness and disappointment you feel at this point in your young life unless you've been there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 03:40:26 PM »
I did read the small print.  I was busy trying to stick to the topic, especially since the original question was asked with my name attached.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 03:42:31 PM »
Absolutely.  And you too.  And everyone else also.  It's called our opinion and we all are allowed to have one despite a known bias or our attentions.  Some are wrong and even that, once again, is up to your opinion.  In this case it appears that you and I disagree but in no way does that insinuate that I have less right to my opinion than you do to yours.

Thats good that you think that then. Based your one statement, you can totally understand that Ingram is just as much or of a cry baby as any of the others mentioned, because that is the overwhelming consensus here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 03:45:05 PM »
You're setting yourself up for looking like the douche you are.  

What are you going to say if your Alabama players cry after losing to Texas?  They are likely going to win, but what if they lose?   If they do, what will you say if they cry?  It's a 100% guarantee some of them will...it's what a lot of people do when they care.  

So will you be here to call your little Saban pawns bitches?

Couldn't be more wrong.  Almost nobody that is a critic of Tebow or Tate crying has a smart comment to make about them crying.  They are a critic of them doing it on the field instead of in the locker room.  If news came out 3 days after the game that Tebow cried after the loss with his team mates in the locker room do you think everyone would make such a deal about it?  EVERYBODY CRIES, the insults come when it is at a time and place deemed appropriate by whoever is doing the deeming.

If Bama players were to cry on the field after losing they'll get the same criticism as Tebow, bank it.  No way do they get away with it if it happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 03:49:06 PM »
Thats good that you think that then. Based your one statement, you can totally understand that Ingram is just as much or of a cry baby as any of the others mentioned, because that is the overwhelming consensus here.

Show me where I've had a problem with any of you thinking that?  I care as much about your thinking Ingram's a pussy as you do knowing I think Tate's a pussy.  Have I went off on any threads asking you guys to stop saying that about him?  Trying to understand what point you're trying to prove here.  You think Ingram's a pussy.  Alright, got it. :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
No way do they get away with it....

......not even on National Television, and being the focus of attention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »
Show me where I've had a problem with any of you thinking that?  I care as much about your thinking Ingram's a pussy as you do knowing I think Tate's a pussy.  Have I went off on any threads asking you guys to stop saying that about him?  Trying to understand what point you're trying to prove here.  You think Ingram's a pussy.  Alright, got it. :thumbsup:

Have I asked you to stop calling Tate a pussy? The point is that you have put yourself on the line calling out other players for crying. Now that one of yours has cried in front of the camera, you just want to defend it by saying one had more right than another. Sorry, thats just hypocritical, opinionated or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 03:53:23 PM »
......not even on National Television, and being the focus of attention.

Pretty sure you misunderstood what I said.  I'm saying they won't get a free pass.  Any player that cries on the field will almost instantly be featured in their very own youtube video 30 minutes after the game.  If they do it in the locker room with their teammates, no big deal will be made.  Do you disagree?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »
Have I asked you to stop calling Tate a pussy? The point is that you have put yourself on the line calling out other players for crying. Now that one of yours has cried in front of the camera, you just want to defend it by saying one had more right than another. Sorry, thats just hypocritical, opinionated or not.

Okay. :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 03:54:14 PM »
Pretty sure you misunderstood what I said.  I'm saying they won't get a free pass.  Any player that cries on the field will almost instantly be featured in their very own youtube video 30 minutes after the game.  If they do it in the locker room with their teammates, no big deal will be made.  Do you disagree?

No, I dont disagree with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 03:56:44 PM »

Honest question. Have you played any sort of sport at the high school level or above? My guess is no.

If so, congratulations. I'll bet you were the one on the team that never got any real playing time, so you weren't "emotionally invested" in the team. You probably just played to wear the jersey on fridays and offered nothing more to the team other than to be an extra man when the real team was scheming for your next opponent. When the team lost, you showed no emotions, again because you weren't really into being on the team.

You laughed at those upset or crying. Why were they crying? Not because of embarassment, but because they knew that they put everything they had into the team, left it all out on the field so to say, and still came up short. It really is hard to comprehend the sadness and disappointment you feel at this point in your young life unless you've been there.

I'm the same as almost every other person in here.  I was a bad ass Linebacker and was recruited by Bear Bryant.  I blew out my knee my senior year and never saw the field again.  :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:13:49 PM by Vagisil »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 04:00:42 PM »

I saw you correct someone's spelling in another thread.  Please don't do that if you're going to say things like, "have I went off".

Also, I think the best point would be this.  Unless provoked most people here would not think Ingram was a "pussy" or "bitch" if he were crying on the bench as his team lost a big game.  If anyone did say something along those lines, it would only be (as is the case in this thread) in response to someone like you who seems to think crying after a loss (on the sideline) makes you said pussy or bitch.

This is basically example #238 of why a lot of Alabama fans are considered douche bags and a most Auburn fans are considered to have more class.  I know we've touched on this before and you aren't buying it, I'm just giving another example of why it's the stereotype of each fan base.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Birmingham

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
Also, I think the best point would be this.  Unless provoked most people here would not think Ingram was a "pussy" or "bitch" if he were crying on the bench as his team lost a big game.  If anyone did say something along those lines, it would only be (as is the case in this thread) in response to someone like you who seems to think crying after a loss (on the sideline) makes you said pussy or bitch.

You're forgetting details here.  You have to include the details or it would appear that what you've written above is what happened with Tate.  Tate wasn't crying on the bench after a tough loss.  Tate was crying on the bench after a tough loss after being reported saying he was the best running back in the state of Alabama and following that with a 67 yard rushing effort.  Without him saying that (which he doesn't deny saying) then Alabama fans more than likely would have briefly talked about #4 crying after the Auburn game.  

IF... Ingram came out and said that he was the best back in the state before the Ironbowl and then was shutdown (like he was) and then preceded to cry after the game... this board would be a circus and rightfully so.  The same is true with Tates comments before his crying.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:16:24 PM by Vagisil »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
You're forgetting details here.  You have to include the details or it would appear that what you've written above is true.  Tate wasn't crying on the bench after a tough loss.  Tate was crying on the bench after a tough loss after being reported saying he was the best running back in the state of Alabama and following that with a 67 yard rushing effort.  Without him saying that (which he doesn't deny saying) than Alabama fans more than likely would have briefly talked about #4 crying after the Auburn game. 

IF... Ingram came out and said that he was the best back in the state before the Ironbowl and then was shutdown (like he was) and then preceded to cry after the game.  This board would be a circus and rightfully so.  The same is true with Tates comments before his crying.

You may have accidentally made a good point.

However, I think what you wrote above is good reason to not feel sorry for him, and good reason to mock his misery.  But to keep on the "Tate is a bitch because he cried" rant doesn't really fit.  But I understand why you do it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Birmingham

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 04:31:42 PM »
You may have accidentally made a good point.

However, I think what you wrote above is good reason to not feel sorry for him, and good reason to mock his misery.  But to keep on the "Tate is a bitch because he cried" rant doesn't really fit.  But I understand why you do it.

You're probably right but there's literally not a chance in hell I'm changing all the Ben Tate stuff in my sig and everything until I gain access to changing my name to Birmingham.  It's nothing I'm overly concerned about but I'm also stubborn.  Whattaya gonnado.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:32:31 PM by Vagisil »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 04:48:39 PM »
I'm the same as almost every other person in here.  I was a bad ass Linebacker and was recruited by Bear Bryant.  I blew out my knee my senior year and never saw the field again.  :)

How old are you that you were recruited by the bear?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Birmingham

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 04:53:22 PM »
How old are you that you were recruited by the bear?
Doesn't matter, I've got the facts!  Linebacker, Bear, blown out knee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »
Doesn't matter, I've got the facts!  Linebacker, Bear, blown out knee.
Left or right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Birmingham

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
Left or right?

Ummm, uhhh... the middle... uhhh patella... painpills...DAMMIT!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions