Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Irony

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Irony
« on: December 14, 2009, 12:34:23 PM »
I know it was touched on in a thread or two, but I thought the subject was deserving of it's own.

Bammers by and large (notably Vagisil, but he's far from alone) mercilessly mocked Ben Tate for shedding a tear after the Iron Bowl.

They mercilessly mocked Tebow for crying after the SEC championship game. A girl I work with had a printed fark involving Tebow and a box of tissues outside her cubicle.

Mark Ingram looks like Susan Lucci up there not only during the ceremony, but in the press conference after as well.

And Vagisil has the balls to leave that up as his avatar.

Amazing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

Re: Irony
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 12:38:23 PM »
They mocked Tate after the Georgia game. After the Alabama-Auburn game, Tate was a ghost. Probably thinking about his NFL future where he hopefully could put the bullshit of SEC fans behind him. He is from Maryland after all. This has probably been the weirdest few years of his young life.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 12:40:23 PM »
They mocked Tate after the Georgia game. After the Alabama-Auburn game, Tate was a ghost. Probably thinking about his NFL future where he hopefully could put the bullshit of SEC fans behind him. He is from Maryland after all. This has probably been the weirdest few years of his young life.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm a tard sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 12:43:29 PM »
That's not called irony, Chad.  It's called stupidity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 01:18:38 PM »
That's not called irony, Chad.  It's called stupidity.

Agree. Most of the people who were mocking Tate or Tebow have probably never played organized football beyond pee wee/pop warner level.

Unless you have played some high school or Juco football, you have no idea the emotions that a team (or individual) can go through during a single game, especially considering what Tebow and the Gators were playing for, its only right to play with emotion. When shit doesn't go your way, you are emotionally spent. Tebow seemed to just have a little breakdown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 01:22:22 PM »
I cried like a little bitch when we lost the HS State Championship game...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 01:28:44 PM »

"and then there's "Pretty In Pink" which I can't watch with this tubby ... he starts sobbin' like a little eight-year-old with a skinned knee and shit."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »

What teams? year? score?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 01:49:26 PM »

My last football game (not State Championship 1st round of the playoffs) cried. That same year we lost to Marengo Academy (State Championship game in baseball)and I cried like a little girl as well. When you put everything you have into a game and you come up short you hurt and it is just a part of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Ogre

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 01:51:42 PM »

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 02:11:09 PM »
And what makes it even more hypocritical is that all 3 did so under the same context. 

wait, what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 02:15:34 PM »
And what makes it even more hypocritical is that all 3 did so under the same context. 

wait, what?

and?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 02:20:41 PM »

wait, what?

So crying is acceptable as long as you're happy?

OK, Corky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »

OK, Corky.

Happy?  Happy?

That bee-stung faced fuck was crying because he was afraid he'd get caught stealing the Heisman.  He knew it was a sham and he had no business carrying it around up there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Birmingham

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »

OK, Corky.

Two scenarios.  Harboring two totally different emotions.  In this case the two different emotions presented the same reaction.  Crying.  If you're asking me if there's a difference in the two situations the answer is an obvious yes. 

Here's a question for you.  Say your buddy cries because you and him are watching a scary movie.  He cried from fear.  Now say your buddy cries because he's watching the birth of his daughter.  He cried from happiness.  What is your reaction to the two situations?  Are they the same?  Of course not, but both cried didn't they?  The two different situations merited one of them a reasonable or acceptable time to cry and one of them an embarrassing time to cry. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 03:26:04 PM »
Two scenarios.  Harboring two totally different emotions.  In this case the two different emotions presented the same reaction.  Crying.  If you're asking me if there's a difference in the two situations the answer is an obvious yes.  

Here's a question for you.  Say your buddy cries because you and him are watching a scary movie.  He cried from fear.  Now say your buddy cries because he's watching the birth of his daughter.  He cried from happiness.  What is your reaction to the two situations?  Are they the same?  Of course not, but both cried didn't they?  The two different situations merited one of them a reasonable or acceptable time to cry and one of them an embarrassing time to cry.  

Real men are not afraid to cry at any point. Especially if it will get you laid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Birmingham

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 03:32:37 PM »
Real men are not afraid to cry at any point. Especially if it will get you laid.

Should that mean you and the others in this thread can't comprehend the difference why one may be a more acceptable time to cry than the other?  Stick to the topic.  Real men can cry and may not be afraid to do so.  That doesn't mean they won't cry at an inappropriate time and they shouldn't expect for people not to talk about it if that happens.  It just means they weren't afraid to do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 03:32:58 PM »
Two scenarios.  Harboring two totally different emotions.  In this case the two different emotions presented the same reaction.  Crying.  If you're asking me if there's a difference in the two situations the answer is an obvious yes. 

Here's a question for you.  Say your buddy cries because you and him are watching a scary movie.  He cried from fear.  Now say your buddy cries because he's watching the birth of his daughter.  He cried from happiness.  What is your reaction to the two situations?  Are they the same?  Of course not, but both cried didn't they?  The two different situations merited one of them a reasonable or acceptable time to cry and one of them an embarrassing time to cry. 

So it is you that is given the right to judge ones emotional ties to a situation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 03:36:43 PM »

You're setting yourself up for looking like the douche you are.  

What are you going to say if your Alabama players cry after losing to Texas?  They are likely going to win, but what if they lose?   If they do, what will you say if they cry?  It's a 100% guarantee some of them will...it's what a lot of people do when they care.  

So will you be here to call your little Saban pawns bitches?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Birmingham

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 03:37:51 PM »
So it is you that is given the right to judge ones emotional ties to a situation?

Absolutely.  And you too.  And everyone else also.  It's called our opinion and we all are allowed to have one despite a known bias or our intentions.  Some are wrong and even that, once again, is up to your opinion.  In this case it appears that you and I disagree but in no way does that insinuate that I have less right to my opinion than you do to yours.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:02:30 PM by Vagisil »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions