Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Help Name My Dog

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Help Name My Dog
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2009, 12:48:31 PM »
Look.  This is the deal.  I grew up on a beef farm.  Been around animals all my life.  As bad as it sucks to put a beloved animal or family pet down, it is a necessary part of farm life.  I don't enjoy it but better to end their suffering than to prolong their life for my own enjoyment.

I'm sorry!  I only thought I grew up under those circumstances.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »
Look.  This is the deal.  I grew up on a beef farm.  Been around animals all my life.  As bad as it sucks to put a beloved animal or family pet down, it is a necessary part of farm life.  I don't enjoy it but better to end their suffering than to prolong their life for my own enjoyment.

Well the dog isnt dying for fuck's sake. But I agree with you for the most part, I just don't want to be the one to do it.
My grandpa has a farm, don't think I didn't eat a tear stained pork chop or two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »
At least I tried.

It's the right thing to do.  My ten year old Weimaraner is paralyzed in half of her face.  All three of my parent's past German Shephards had hip and spinal problems, and were paralyzed later in their lives.  Some get stuck with it early, some late, and some get screwed throughout the dog's life.  Fortunately, the companionship aspect far outweighs all of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2009, 12:55:29 PM »
To be clear: the dog is no pain right now, she just doesn't have full range of motion and left untreated, her hip will degenerate into an arthritic nightmare.

Back Story: The asshole that dropped the dog at my neighbors house put a boot to her hip/leg when she was about 6 weeks old.  Broke her femur and shattered her hip socket.  I don't want this animal living a life of avoidable pain because of some redneck fuckstick.  I have the means and I can fix it.

Call me a softie if you must.

I'm going to call you my new hero. Period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2009, 12:56:17 PM »
Back Story: The butthole that dropped the dog at my neighbors house put a boot to her hip/leg when she was about 6 weeks old.  Broke her femur and shattered her hip socket. 

Got a name?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »
Well the dog isnt dying for fuck's sake. But I agree with you for the most part, I just don't want to be the one to do it.
My grandpa has a farm, don't think I didn't eat a tear stained pork chop or two.

Just a difference.  

The cattle we were fattening up for our own use I named while I was fattening them and while I was getting fat from them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2009, 12:57:27 PM »
Got a name?

Who?  The dog or the butthole?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »
The cattle we were fattening up for our own use I named while I was fattening them and while I was getting fat from them.
You win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2009, 01:20:32 PM »
Who?  The dog or the butthole?

the asshole
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2009, 02:05:43 PM »
the asshole

Unfortunately I do not.

If I find out who he is, however, I'm finding a way to cost that motherfucker $1K.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2009, 02:53:21 PM »
It will all be worth it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »
Unfortunately I do not.

If I find out who he is, however, I'm finding a way to cost that motherphuker $1K.
I just wanted a chance to return the favor for the baby girl that's all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2009, 11:19:08 PM »
It's the right thing to do.  My ten year old Weimaraner is paralyzed in half of her face.  All three of my parent's past German Shephards had hip and spinal problems, and were paralyzed later in their lives.  Some get stuck with it early, some late, and some get screwed throughout the dog's life.  Fortunately, the companionship aspect far outweighs all of this.
A Christmas Story...By: Thrilla
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2009, 09:18:22 AM »
A Christmas Story...By: Thrilla

I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2009, 11:49:04 AM »
wes, I hereby take back everything I ever said on this board or any other about you being a crotchety grumpy old fart.  This is one of the kindest, sweetest things I have ever read.  Annie will love you unconditionally either way, but you are doing the right thing by her. What a good man you are. 

Merry Christmas, wes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2009, 07:27:45 PM »
Name your dog (Damn It)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2009, 03:25:07 AM »
Change her name to Lucky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2009, 10:12:18 AM »
Post-op update:

Monday night Annie was pitiful.  Couldn't move, pissed on herself, lots of whining/pain.

Fast forward to Tuesday morning and she was a new dog.  Tail wagging, running around and generally acting like herself.

Those little pups are so fucking resilient it's scary.

Annie also has a Santa in our own Harvey Birdman.  Thanks for the gifts, Steve.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions