Season isn't a complete bust yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: At Least We Beat Virginia Tonight...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 11:26:11 PM »
Season isn't a complete bust yet.

68-67 with a Brendan Knox tip in with 1.4 left.  I realize Auburn is 5-4 but how do you lose to the teams we have lost to?  Maybe this is a step in the right direction.  I'm like many others, NCAA's or heads need to roll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 06:29:34 AM »
68-67 with a Brendan Knox tip in with 1.4 left.  I realize Auburn is 5-4 but how do you lose to the teams we have lost to?  Maybe this is a step in the right direction.  I'm like many others, NCAA's or heads need to roll.

Wow. Virginia must really suck.

Well, they're 4-4 with close losses to Stanford and Penn State and South Florida.

It really doesn't matter what Lebo does from here out, does it?  Lost to Troy?  Lost to Missouri State.  Lost to Central Florida.

It's no longer about Jacobs looking for evidence Lebo can do the job, it's about Jacobs ignoring everything but that evidence that confirms what he WANTS to believe.  Lebo sucks.  He's always sucked.  I've said it a thousand times.  it does not EVER take a good coach five years to rebuild a basketball program.  Two years tops.  If he doesn't get it done in two years, it isn't happening. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 12:57:28 PM »
It really doesn't matter what Lebo does from here out, does it?  Lost to Troy?  Lost to Missouri State.  Lost to Central Florida.
While I admit, I'm pretty much on your bandwagon now, basketball is not like football. Losing a game like this pisses you off when it happens, but it's quickly forgotten going into the season. There's a billion more games (give or take) to potentially make up for it. And also unlike football, you can actually win your way into an automatic bid by means of a tournament at the end of the season.

All hope is not lost for the season yet. It's just looking pretty bleak...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 01:04:30 PM »
While I admit, I'm pretty much on your bandwagon now, basketball is not like football. Losing a game like this pisses you off when it happens, but it's quickly forgotten going into the season. There's a billion more games (give or take) to potentially make up for it. And also unlike football, you can actually win your way into an automatic bid by means of a tournament at the end of the season.

All hope is not lost for the season yet. It's just looking pretty bleak...

Oh, I know that.  I'm talking about the overall body of work.  A good coach is a good coach.  Five years in, you should be able to tell.  And barring some kind of catastrophe you should have built a good enough base not to lose to Troy and Missouri State in the pre-season. 

I will admit, though, that Missouri State and UCF have decent records.  But still...

If it's the decision to make the NCAAs or not is a close one, don't you think losses to teams like Missouri State will count heavily against us?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
68-67 with a Brendan Knox tip in with 1.4 left.  I realize Auburn is 5-4 but how do you lose to the teams we have lost to?  Maybe this is a step in the right direction.  I'm like many others, NCAA's or heads need to roll.
He should be gone if he cant make it to the Ncaa dancefloor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »
 Just a reminder, we beat Virginia last year as well. I don't think they've done shit since Ralph Sampson played for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:11:34 AM »
Oh, I know that.  I'm talking about the overall body of work.  A good coach is a good coach.  Five years in, you should be able to tell.  And barring some kind of catastrophe you should have built a good enough base not to lose to Troy and Missouri State in the pre-season. 

I will admit, though, that Missouri State and UCF have decent records.  But still...

If it's the decision to make the NCAAs or not is a close one, don't you think losses to teams like Missouri State will count heavily against us?

Agreed. I dont give a shit what their records are. They are friggin MIZZOU ST and Central Florida!!  and Troy? We have gotten ran up and down the court by these teams. We have an experienced, senior laden team. This is it. No NCAA, then no job. Lebo has had enough time to build his program how he wants. 5+ yrs is ENOUGH time.

Although, I'm not sure Jacobs really has anything to lose by firing him. He didn't hire Lebo. It's no egg on his face.

Question is: Who do we go after?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE