Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Want to see what an Illegal Pick Play looks like?......

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Want to see what an Illegal Pick Play looks like?......
« on: November 28, 2009, 09:41:01 PM »
and no I'm not talking Basketball, because in BBall it wouldn't be considered Illegal.

*1:50min mark*
*also the next play on the video clip*

Both of these were done on crucial 3rd downs AND both were done directly in front of the Back Judge.  Also, notice how neither of the players, performing the Illegal Pick Plays, tried to play it off like they were in a passing route.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Want to see what an Illegal Pick Play looks like?......
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »
and no I'm not talking Basketball, because in BBall it wouldn't be considered Illegal.

*1:50min mark*
*also the next play on the video clip*

Both of these were done on crucial 3rd downs AND both were done directly in front of the Back Judge.  Also, notice how neither of the players, performing the Illegal Pick Plays, tried to play it off like they were in a passing route.

I saw an uncalled facemask on Ziemba at the 0:06 mark.......I was wondering how long it would take for you to start making excuses and try to explain it all away. Neither play was made below the waist.....neither play was made in the back of the defender.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 10:00:22 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 10:07:49 PM »
I saw an uncalled facemask on Ziemba at the 0:06 mark.......I was wondering how long it would take for you to start making excuses and try to explain it all away. Neither play was made below the waist.....neither play was made in the back of the defender.
You really shouldn't respond if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  It doesn't matter if the block was below the waist or in the back of the defender.....During a forward pass that crosses the line of scrimmage, it is ILLEGAL to block a defender downfield, until the ball has been touched.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 10:12:13 PM »
Both of these were done on crucial 3rd downs AND both were done directly in front of the Back Judge.  Also, notice how neither of the players, performing the Illegal Pick Plays, tried to play it off like they were in a passing route.

Auburn had their chances to win the game and it had nothing to do with these plays.  Lets focus on bowl preparations, recruiting better talent, and getting ready for 2010.  It looks weak to scour youtube for a penalty that maybe happened.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 10:22:38 PM »
You really shouldn't respond if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  It doesn't matter if the block was below the waist or in the back of the defender.....During a forward pass that crosses the line of scrimmage, it is ILLEGAL to block a defender downfield, until the ball has been touched.
IF the ball is thrown in the immediate area of the contact. Here is an example, straight from the NCAA rule book, of one way how that would be a penalty:

A80, a tight end wide receiver, moves across the formation on a pass pattern at a
depth of 25 yards where he contacts B1, a safety linebacker, before or after the
ball has been thrown. A88, a wide receiver positioned on the opposite
side from the tight end at the snap, crosses behind the contact of A80
and B1 and catches the legal forward pass.

Both plays were in front of the contact, and for that matter, were 10 yards away from the pass. For that matter, on the first play, the LB never even saw the guy coming from his left. When the ball was snapped he started turning towards his right, as he was in pass coverage. Now, if another receiver came and tackled a DB that was obviously tracking a receiver right from the line of scrimmage, then I would agree with you. The second play, the LB even engaged the receiver and pushed him. But two plays on a linebacker who isn't obviously covering anybody in particular? Come on.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 10:27:23 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 10:37:53 PM »
Pick plays, plain and simple.  They're both run the same way and both designed to take out the DB on the crossing route.  Not an excuse.  Just the way they run the play.  Illegal as hell, but they got away with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 10:44:16 PM »
IF the ball is thrown in the immediate area of the contact. Here is an example, straight from the NCAA rule book, of one way how that would be a penalty:

Both plays were in front of the contact, and for that matter, were 10 yards away from the pass. For that matter, on the first play, the LB never even saw the guy coming from his left. When the ball was snapped he started turning towards his right, as he was in pass coverage. Now, if another receiver came and tackled a DB that was obviously tracking a receiver right from the line of scrimmage, then I would agree with you. The second play, the LB even engaged the receiver and pushed him. But two plays on a linebacker who isn't obviously covering anybody in particular? Come on.
Hell he couldn't cover Juicio, because he was being blocked...once by Darius Hanks and the other time by Colin Peek...Peek actually shot his hands inside, like you're taught to do when blocking.  I was wondering how Juicio was getting WIDE OPEN, now I know.  Well, if the BJ would've called the penalty then SPuat wouldn't have been able to drive down the field and Auburn would've won.  Sweet!!!!  Moral VICTORY!!!!!!!

BTW, I didn't scour Youtube.  The youtube video was sent to me via email....so I can focus on the TWO obvious Illegal Pick plays that happened directly in front of the back judge and there ain't shit you can do about it.  I'm not even going to focus on our Bowl competition nor will I prepare for whomever we're playing...HAHA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 11:15:44 PM »
I'm not even going to focus on our Bowl competition nor will I prepare for whomever we're playing...HAHA

Yea, I realize that.  And you probably wont recruit or practice for 2010.  I was trying to politely say...The refs did not cost us the game, move on.  You are only giving the necks that look at this board more material that AU fans are whinny bitches.             
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 11:31:03 PM »
Prowler I have a ton of respect for what you do for your university but you are wrong about the pick play on the first play. At the 1:50 mark your LB looked to the WR to make contact and keep him off his route. It looked like he was in zone. The next play was a pick play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 09:55:27 AM »
Pick plays, plain and simple.  They're both run the same way and both designed to take out the DB on the crossing route.  Not an excuse.  Just the way they run the play.  Illegal as hell, but they got away with it.

The play is called "Mesh".  It's a staple concept in many passing playbooks.  Malzahn has a version too.  FWIW, it's THE staple play in the Air Raid/Franklin/Mumme/Leach system, which was derived from Norm Chow's verson of the WCO at BYU...they run it constantly with many different "tags".  And it's a designed "rub" play, but it's not a pick play which is illegal. (Yes there's a difference).  The WR is entitled to his route.  The two WR run a "mesh" at 6 yards.  Collisions happen in the middle.   Google it, you'll find lots and lots of playbook drawings of this staple passing concept online.  

Look at 62 Mesh (Chow's version)

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2009/01/airraid-info-and-passing-concepts.html 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 10:04:24 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

#1Bammer

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 11:10:20 AM »
LMAO!!  What a crybaby!!!     26-21 BEEEYYYOOOOTTTCHHHHHHHH!!!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 11:28:24 AM »
The play is called "Mesh".  It's a staple concept in many passing playbooks.  Malzahn has a version too.  FWIW, it's THE staple play in the Air Raid/Franklin/Mumme/Leach system, which was derived from Norm Chow's verson of the WCO at BYU...they run it constantly with many different "tags".  And it's a designed "rub" play, but it's not a pick play which is illegal. (Yes there's a difference).  The WR is entitled to his route.  The two WR run a "mesh" at 6 yards.  Collisions happen in the middle.   Google it, you'll find lots and lots of playbook drawings of this staple passing concept online.  

Look at 62 Mesh (Chow's version)

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2009/01/airraid-info-and-passing-concepts.html 
No, you must be wrong. Prowler is the football God. Prepare for a "you don't know what the fuck you're talking about" type statement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 01:55:26 PM »
actually those picks didn't occur in front of the backjudge.  They occured in front of the umpire.  He's way to close to the play to actually see where the uat player came from.  The sidejudge 15 yards off the line of scrimmage on uat's sideline should have flagged that.  It's offensive pass interference.

Illegal Contact and Pass Interference
ARTICLE 8. a. During a down in which a legal forward pass crosses the neutral
zone, illegal contact by Team A and Team B players is prohibited from the time
the ball is snapped until it is touched by any player or an official (A.R. 7-3-8-II
and III).
b. Offensive pass interference by a Team A player beyond the neutral zone
during a legal forward pass play in which a forward pass crosses the
neutral zone is contact that interferes with a Team B eligible player. It is
the responsibility of the offensive player to avoid the opponents.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions