Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Did AU Know Alabama's Defensive Signals?

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Did AU Know Alabama's Defensive Signals?
« on: December 01, 2009, 08:27:09 AM »
http://jaygtate.blogspot.com/2009/11/wrappin-it-up-alabama-wins-26-21.html

Darvin Adams on how Auburn threw deep according to the plays Alabama called: ``Our coaches figured out their signals and we were able to take advantage."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Did AU Know Alabama's Defensive Signals?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:35:51 AM »

If they did then I have more props for our staff and less for ya'lls.  This is an ongoing battle between teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:36:18 AM »

I call bullshit.  If they knew the signals, they would have scored more than 21.  They may have picked up on some trends, but I seriously doubt they "knew the signals".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 08:47:07 AM »
Not sure if I believe it. Maybe a signal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

RWS

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 08:52:37 AM »
I call bullshit.  If they knew the signals, they would have scored more than 21.  They may have picked up on some trends, but I seriously doubt they "knew the signals".
Uhhh, it was an AU player that said they knew the signals, and it was said to an AU writer. A writer that has been referenced here numerous times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 09:16:51 AM »
Uhhh, it was an AU player that said they knew the signals, and it was said to an AU writer. A writer that has been referenced here numerous times.

Arkansas also did that to us in Week 6. Big whoop. Its coaching. Feel free to do it back. All is fair in.......well you know the rest. :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 09:29:57 AM »
Arkansas also did that to us in Week 6. Big whoop. Its coaching. Feel free to do it back. All is fair in.......well you know the rest. :)
And thats along the lines of what I said in another thread about Auburn showing a totally new defensive look that they haven't shown this year. Thats part of football, and you have to give credit there. If you can figure out an opposing team's signals (by not filming, or other legal methods), then thats part of football. If you can do something totally new against an opponent (such as has been rumored that we will do on offense against UF) and succeed with it, then thats part of football as well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 09:32:11 AM »
If you can do something totally new against an opponent (such as has been rumored that we will do on offense against UF) and succeed with it, then thats part of football as well.  

Let me guess.  Ya'll been saving this one all year for this game?  

A new wrinkle or two I can understand but this isn't the 70's with unlimited practice time.  To change anything major at this point is borrowing trouble.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:33:02 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 09:38:25 AM »
Let me guess.  Ya'll been saving this one all year for this game?  

A new wrinkle or two I can understand but this isn't the 70's with unlimited practice time.  To change anything major at this point is borrowing trouble.
I think its something that they have been practicing all season, but just haven't used. AU did it on defense in the Iron Bowl, and did a damn good job of it. I wouldn't look at it as changing the foundation of what we're doing. I would think of it more as kind of like you said, adding a new wrinkle to what we already do. Kind of like Ingram throwing from the Wildcat. That was the first we have seen that all this season. It wouldn't surprise me to see them run a decent amount of plays out of a formation we noticeably haven't seen this season. Nothing groundbreaking or innovative, really.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 09:40:21 AM »
I think its something that they have been practicing all season, but just haven't used. AU did it on defense in the Iron Bowl, and did a damn good job of it. I wouldn't look at it as changing the foundation of what we're doing. I would think of it more as kind of like you said, adding a new wrinkle to what we already do. Kind of like Ingram throwing from the Wildcat. That was the first we have seen that all this season. It wouldn't surprise me to see them run a decent amount of plays out of a formation we noticeably haven't seen this season. Nothing groundbreaking or innovative, really.

The only thing I saw us do was out of necessity.  Loaded up the line.  Why not? We only had one LB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
It was really as simple as doing ANYTHING to stop the Bama run game - mainly Ingram. And make McElroy beat us. And in the end, he did. But we made them earn it. We stuck to the game plan and it almost worked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 10:17:22 AM »
It was really as simple as doing ANYTHING to stop the Bama run game - mainly Ingram. And make McElroy beat us. And in the end, he did. But we made them earn it. We stuck to the game plan and it almost worked.

LOL... I tend to agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »
You'll settle on your excuse for why the game was as close as it was soon enough, RWS.

I have faith in you.

Thank God for your sake we didn't pull it off, or you'd probably end up with an aneurysm trying to figure out what anomaly could have possibly caused such a cataclysmic shift in nature.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 06:03:02 PM »
Darvin had it all wrong.

Alabama knew our defensive signals.  Why else would we have lost? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 06:24:20 PM »
You'll settle on your excuse for why the game was as close as it was soon enough, RWS.

I have faith in you.

Thank God for your sake we didn't pull it off, or you'd probably end up with an aneurysm trying to figure out what anomaly could have possibly caused such a cataclysmic shift in nature.

:thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 11:03:54 PM »

I have faith in you.

I have heard every excuse you can think of from the bammers in the office this week........fuck'em in da mouf x3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 11:22:39 AM »
I think Coach Malzahn is telepathic but he doesn't do signals  :sneer:to the best of your knowledge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions