Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

HTC Hero

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
HTC Hero
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:41:42 AM »
http://www.htc.com/www/product/hero/overview.html

Well being with Sprint long term I was offered an upgrade to one of these puppies for a $100.  Have had it not even 24 hours and am not sure how I did without it this long.  I now see everyone's fascination with the I-Phone and some of it capabilities/apps.  Very useful and addicting.

Being the anti-apple person I am I cannot really fairly compare it to the i-phone but for those of us who are not with ATT or just do not like mac based products this appears to be a really good option.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Re: HTC Hero
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 10:43:30 AM »
How are things going with the Hero?  I have the Verizon version, so keep me updated if you find anything fun.    Also, I believe that the Eris / Hero are getting the 2.0, or 2.1 update early in 2010.   That's the same OS that the Motorola Droid runs now.  Good stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 07:54:21 AM »
How are things going with the Hero?  I have the Verizon version, so keep me updated if you find anything fun.    Also, I believe that the Eris / Hero are getting the 2.0, or 2.1 update early in 2010.   That's the same OS that the Motorola Droid runs now.  Good stuff.

Yea I really like it.  The best apps I have found thus far (that I actually use) are:

1)  Shazam - which is a program that will tell you whatever song is playing.  Just open the program and hold your phone up to the speaker and 10 seconds later it tells you the song, artist, album, year it was recorded, and where to buy it.

2) Shopsavvy - opens a window that works in conjunction with your camera.  Scan the bar code of whatever product you are looking at and it will go on a search for the lowest priced units that can be found.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:17:58 AM »
Yea I really like it.  The best apps I have found thus far (that I actually use) are:

1)  Shazam - which is a program that will tell you whatever song is playing.  Just open the program and hold your phone up to the speaker and 10 seconds later it tells you the song, artist, album, year it was recorded, and where to buy it.

2) Shopsavvy - opens a window that works in conjunction with your camera.  Scan the bar code of whatever product you are looking at and it will go on a search for the lowest priced units that can be found.

A good one I like (probably because I travel a lot) - 
1. Places Directory by Google    Kind of like Poynt on Blackberry...  Does a GPS fix on you and tells you any kind of restaurant, gas, movies, shops...everything around you...   Great tool.

2. Zedge - free ringtones and wallpapers...

Looks like Verizon is pushing out an OS update that should hit my phone anytime in the next day or so.   Battery life is the only thing I'm not a huge fan of, but otherwise it's been great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 10:17:39 AM »
A good one I like (probably because I travel a lot) - 
1. Places Directory by Google    Kind of like Poynt on Blackberry...  Does a GPS fix on you and tells you any kind of restaurant, gas, movies, shops...everything around you...   Great tool.

2. Zedge - free ringtones and wallpapers...

Looks like Verizon is pushing out an OS update that should hit my phone anytime in the next day or so.   Battery life is the only thing I'm not a huge fan of, but otherwise it's been great.

Initially I was having some battery life issues as well but if you tweak the settings a little bit you can extend it quite a bit.  I have no need for it to be updating mail, IM's, and weather, etc every 20 seconds. Set it to more realistic time frames. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »
Initially I was having some battery life issues as well but if you tweak the settings a little bit you can extend it quite a bit.  I have no need for it to be updating mail, IM's, and weather, etc every 20 seconds. Set it to more realistic time frames. 

Yeah, I keep Wifi off and also made sure that the "always enable mobile network" deal is unchecked.  That keeps the phone from doing background functions when it's supposed to be sleeping.  I can get almost a day out of a charge, and with my heavy use, that's pretty good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions