Chizik, Kiffin and Mullen

jadennis

Re: Chizik, Kiffin and Mullen
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009, 02:31:20 PM »
State finished 3-3

Tennessee finished 4-2

Auburn finished 2-5. 

State beat its biggest rival.

Tennessee beat one of its two biggest rivals. 

Auburn?  Moral victory against Alabama.  Blown out at LSU. Blown out at Arkansas.  Unless Ole-phuking-Miss is a main rival now we didn't get one.

B's for Mullen and Kiffin.  C for Chizik.  The book is closed.

Please tell me this is not what you've resorted to. 

Mississippi State finished 3-3....and the last three games they were 1-2, with the two losses by a combined score of 73-24.  Two mega blowouts. 

Tennessee finished 4-2.... with two of the wins against Memphis and Vanderbilt (combined 4-20 overall and 1-15 in their conferences).  Isn't one of the reasons they gained respect because of their moral victory against Alabama?  And their other loss?  A blowout loss to a team that both Auburn and Mississippi State manhandled.  And the main game shown as an embarrassment to Auburn, Kentucky, was an OT win for Tennessee. 

Auburn finished 2-4 (using 6 games as you did for the other two)...with two games lost within the last two minutes.  Another loss was to a team Tennessee just beat in OT.  One of the wins was against a team that just beat down Tennessee in an ugly way.  We led Alabama the entire game until the last drive.  That's a team that destroyed Mississippi State a couple weeks ago.  I know you don't want to see it, but after Auburn's hideous 3 game slump, and starting with Ole Miss, the Tigers played pretty damn good down the stretch of the last four games. 

Rattling off a few records of the last half of the season doesn't address anything in my previous posts.  You can't use different criteria when evaluating things. 

Tennessee did not finish on an upswing, regardless of the record...you can't ignore who they played.

You can't use Arkansas as an example of a bad loss for Auburn and not for Mississippi State. 

You can't say "Mississippi State beat their rival" as a good thing, and then use Auburn's win over the same team as meaningless.

You can't call that win over Ole Miss meaningless and then ignore that those same Rebels killed Tennessee.

You can't pump up close loss moral victories by MSU to LSU and UT to Alabama and then call close losses for Auburn worthless "moral victories".

Use the same criteria to evaluate and there is no way someone with your intelligence can come to an honest conclusion that Auburn was a step down in success to the other two programs. 

Especially when Auburn beat them both head to head. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2009, 02:38:30 PM »
State finished 3-3

Tennessee finished 4-2

Auburn finished 2-5. 

Tennessee beat one of its two biggest rivals. 

Auburn?  Moral victory against Alabama.  Blown out at LSU. Blown out at Arkansas.  Unless Ole-phuking-Miss is a main rival now we didn't get one.

B's for Mullen and Kiffin.  C for Chizik.  The book is closed.

That was a good fiction book. Kinda like New Moon. Onto another.....

Ever think the finishing up records had more to do with how the schedules were set up? The backside of our schedule was more loaded than the frontside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2009, 02:41:35 PM »

Mississippi State finished 3-3....and the last three games they were 1-2, with the two losses by a combined score of 73-24.  Two mega blowouts. 

Tennessee finished 4-2.... with two of the wins against Memphis and Vanderbilt (combined 4-20 overall and 1-15 in their conferences).  Isn't one of the reasons they gained respect because of their moral victory against Alabama?  And their other loss?  A blowout loss to a team that both Auburn and Mississippi State manhandled.  And the main game shown as an embarrassment to Auburn, Kentucky, was an OT win for Tennessee. 

Auburn finished 2-4 (using 6 games as you did for the other two)...with two games lost within the last two minutes.  Another loss was to a team Tennessee just beat in OT.  One of the wins was against a team that just beat down Tennessee in an ugly way.  We led Alabama the entire game until the last drive.  That's a team that destroyed Mississippi State a couple weeks ago.  I know you don't want to see it, but after Auburn's hideous 3 game slump, and starting with Ole Miss, the Tigers played pretty damn good down the stretch of the last four games. 

Rattling off a few records of the last half of the season doesn't address anything in my previous posts.  You can't use different criteria when evaluating things. 

Tennessee did not finish on an upswing, regardless of the record...you can't ignore who they played.

You can't use Arkansas as an example of a bad loss for Auburn and not for Mississippi State. 

You can't say "Mississippi State beat their rival" as a good thing, and then use Auburn's win over the same team as meaningless.

You can't call that win over Ole Miss meaningless and then ignore that those same Rebels killed Tennessee.

You can't pump up close loss moral victories by MSU to LSU and UT to Alabama and then call close losses for Auburn worthless "moral victories".

Use the same criteria to evaluate and there is no way someone with your intelligence can come to an honest conclusion that Auburn was a step down in success to the other two programs. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2009, 02:45:18 PM »

I'm with you on this one JA.

For the record, please change your name to jatebow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 03:01:08 PM »

Unless we are Mississippi State I certainly can.  And will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 03:04:51 PM »

Big whoop. 
We beat their biggest rival as well.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 03:06:30 PM »
Big whoop. 
We beat their biggest rival as well.

We would have beaten Frisco City's biggest rival, too.   Got to beat your own.  At least that's what she said. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »
We would have beaten Frisco City's biggest rival, too.   Got to beat your own.  At least that's what she said. 

We're not comparing us to Frisco City. We're comparing us to Miss St.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 03:09:09 PM »
We're not comparing us to Frisco City. We're comparing us to Miss St.

Do you realize the sadness in this statement?   :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 03:11:30 PM »

According to you it's not sad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 03:22:39 PM »

Its not sad at all. We are being compared to Miss St. Their rival is a common opponent. What is wrong with finding the common ground if you are going to compare the two programs? I know - the Frisco City comment was tongue in cheek. Just answer the damned question General!  :s&m:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 03:44:10 PM »
Its not sad at all. We are being compared to Miss St. Their rival is a common opponent. What is wrong with finding the common ground if you are going to compare the two programs? I know - the Frisco City comment was tongue in cheek. Just answer the damned question General!  :s&m:

No, the Frisco City comment was to illustrate that who our opponent's biggest rival happens to be has no bearing on who ours is.  Who cares that Ole Miss is State's biggest rival.  That's good for them.  We get no credit for beating them.  We should beat our own rivals. 

Are we Miss State?  You people said that.  I never would. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »

No, the Frisco City comment was to illustrate that who our opponent's biggest rival happens to be has no bearing on who ours is.  Who cares that Ole Miss is State's biggest rival.  That's good for them.  We get no credit for beating them.  We should beat our own rivals. 

Are we Miss State?  You people said that.  I never would. 

This should actually make MSU's win over Ole Miss less impressive.  Teams often play their best game against their biggest rival (see Texas A&M, Georgia, MSU, Auburn, etc). 

Us beating Ole Miss when we were on a three game skid, to me, is more impressive than MSU beating them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 05:41:11 PM »
This should actually make MSU's win over Ole Miss less impressive.  Teams often play their best game against their biggest rival (see Texas A&M, Georgia, MSU, Auburn, etc). 

Us beating Ole Miss when we were on a three game skid, to me, is more impressive than MSU beating them. 

I'm sorry, but beating your biggest rival -- and beating them like little mewling bitches -- is far more impressive than moral victories. 

Us beating Ole Miss is just us beating Ole Miss -- something we do four out of five times historically.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions