Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coach Chizik gets it....

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Coach Chizik gets it....
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009, 11:32:57 AM »
I would say the fact that CTT was there for 10 years makes his season more tragic because he had complete control over it. 

Down years I can understand and even expect.  Total disasters I do not.  Not when you are being compensated in such a way to supposedly prevent that.

I could even get past the recruiting being off if he had been willing to shake the staff up. I really really did not like Nall or Knox. Ensminger - I dont even want to go there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2009, 11:36:30 AM »
I would say the fact that CTT was there for 10 years makes his season more tragic because he had complete control over it. 

Down years I can understand and even expect.  Total disasters I do not.  Not when you are being compensated in such a way to supposedly prevent that.
Bottom line is, CTT fucked up in hiring Franklin, and the administration has had an itchy finger for him for 4 years. He probably didn't know it at the time. If you look at the same gaudy stats that some of you did when you shit your pants in glee over his hire, how are you going to argue with what Franklin was doing? At Troy, no less. You can't blame the guy for taking a chance, especially with the amount of bitching fans have done over the years about being conservative on offense, etc. He hired a wide open guy. Things went South, and at least he recognized it wasn't going to work out over the long run, and tried to un-fuck it by firing Franklin, as he should have. I think it would have been more alarming to let Franklin stay another year or so to try and get things worked out.

Who is to say that CTT wouldn't have hired somebody like Malzahn at the end of 2008? The foundation was already laid out for the system, and some of the right players were there. I just think its terrible of the administration that CTT gave them 10 pretty good years, and the first fuckup (which he identified and tried desperately to un-fuck), he's out the door.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2009, 12:31:28 PM »
I personally don't give a damn if he never opens his mouth again to anyone but players and recruits.

TW we are much better if he does just as you request. Of course he does need to let someone talk to the recruits though.

Reading is fundamental, Greaseball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2009, 12:31:48 PM »
Bottom line is, CTT phuked up in hiring Franklin, and the administration has had an itchy finger for him for 4 years. He probably didn't know it at the time. If you look at the same gaudy stats that some of you did when you poop your pants in glee over his hire, how are you going to argue with what Franklin was doing? At Troy, no less. You can't blame the guy for taking a chance, especially with the amount of bitching fans have done over the years about being conservative on offense, etc. He hired a wide open guy. Things went South, and at least he recognized it wasn't going to work out over the long run, and tried to un-phuk it by firing Franklin, as he should have. I think it would have been more alarming to let Franklin stay another year or so to try and get things worked out.

Who is to say that CTT wouldn't have hired somebody like Malzahn at the end of 2008? The foundation was already laid out for the system, and some of the right players were there. I just think its terrible of the administration that CTT gave them 10 pretty good years, and the first phukup (which he identified and tried desperately to un-phuk), he's out the door.

Administration I get.  Jacobs is a fool.  

Fans?  Not so much.  It pisses me off to no end to watch our fans bash on Tuberville now and trash his legacy.  We put Pat Dye's name on the fucking stadium.  Tuberville deserves better than the "he was lazy, couldn't recruit, fucked Auburn over" bullshit our people are giving him.  

Watching idiots tear him down makes me, for the first time in my entire life, sad to be an Auburn fan.  It's despicable how much like the hated bama so many of our fans have become.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 01:29:16 PM »
I haven't seen anyone here tearing him down.  I think you will be hard pressed to find ANY Auburn folks that won't say they are grateful to him for a lot of things but glossing over what appear to some as flaws the final years do not make them untrue or make them bashers of the man in general.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 01:30:07 PM »

Fans?  Not so much.  It pisses me off to no end to watch our fans bash on Tuberville now and trash his legacy.  We put Pat Dye's name on the fucking stadium.  Tuberville deserves better than the "he was lazy, couldn't recruit, fucked Auburn over" bullshit our people are giving him.  

Watching idiots tear him down makes me, for the first time in my entire life, sad to be an Auburn fan.  It's despicable how much like the hated bama so many of our fans have become.  

There is always going to be bashing of a coach. Some people just don’t like who is in charge, like you with CGC. I don’t think most people are tearing him down, the last three years he and his staff seem to have gotten complacent, the recruiting numbers fall at the head coaches feet.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 01:33:04 PM »
I haven't seen anyone here tearing him down.  I think you will be hard pressed to find ANY Auburn folks that won't say they are grateful to him for a lot of things but glossing over what appear to some as flaws the final years do not make them untrue or make them bashers of the man in general.

I won't have to press hard.  It's all over here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »

You complete me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 01:38:07 PM »
Give it a couple years.  Lots of people were pissed when Dye got us on proby.

It'll fade.  I think CTT will land with his name on an entrance or something..... as long as he doesn't go to another SEC team.

Tubbs did good... I'm proud of him.  Think his recruiting was lax these last couple years, but still think he was a great coach and did a lot of good for Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

RWS

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 01:44:17 PM »

Here is something else I don't understand. Why is it every loss is Tuberville's fault, but every win is a sign of Chizik's prowess in both coaching and recruiting? The bread and butter of this team are guys that CTT left behind. Bates would have started, period I think. That kid is pretty good that Chizik brought in. But, am I missing some folks or something? It seems as if he is the only guy that Chizik brought in who is seeing some sort of major PT as a starter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 01:53:47 PM »
Here is something else I don't understand. Why is it every loss is Tuberville's fault, but every win is a sign of Chizik's prowess in both coaching and recruiting? The bread and butter of this team are guys that CTT left behind. Bates would have started, period I think. That kid is pretty good that Chizik brought in. But, am I missing some folks or something? It seems as if he is the only guy that Chizik brought in who is seeing some sort of major PT as a starter?

We win-They lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 02:20:52 PM »

Mmmmm Bread and Butter, that sounds good. Maybe a little toasted. I'm hungry as hell. Nothing like real butter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 03:10:50 PM »

Proof in the pudding and all that.

I have seen much harsher criticism on here of current staff members than of Tuberville's overall tenure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2009, 12:04:16 AM »

Humor me and press as hard as you can.

Everyone that I've seen who has laid blame for the depth issues this year (myself included) has stated that they respect the man and his accomplishments at Auburn.  Tuberville is, unless someone will stand up and contradict me, universally loved.

I love my family, too, but that doesn't stop me from calling them out when I think they have fucked up.  Tuberville and his staff clearly fucked up in the recruiting/personnel department over the final three years of their tenure.  The attrition numbers posted earlier show that...unequivocally.

The reasons are all up for debate.  We can all try and figure out why Taylor was born with female organs....there are plenty of theories on the subject, but the underlying cause (whatever it may be) does not change the fact that he's a woman.  And whatever the reason was that Tuberville had a 46% attrition rate over the last three years of his tenure does not change the fact that it happened under his watch and has resulted in a paper thin team this year.

All that said, I still wouldn't trade the decade that Tuberville gave Auburn for anything.  He was the right man, doing the right thing most of the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »

Everyone that I've seen who has laid blame for the depth issues this year (myself included) has stated that they respect the man and his accomplishments at Auburn.  Tuberville is, unless someone will stand up and contradict me, universally loved.

I love my family, too, but that doesn't stop me from calling them out when I think they have fucked up.  Tuberville and his staff clearly fucked up in the recruiting/personnel department over the final three years of their tenure.  The attrition numbers posted earlier show that...unequivocally.

The reasons are all up for debate.  We can all try and figure out why Taylor was born with female organs....there are plenty of theories on the subject, but the underlying cause (whatever it may be) does not change the fact that he's a woman.  And whatever the reason was that Tuberville had a 46% attrition rate over the last three years of his tenure does not change the fact that it happened under his watch and has resulted in a paper thin team this year.

All that said, I still wouldn't trade the decade that Tuberville gave Auburn for anything.  He was the right man, doing the right thing most of the time.
100% concurrence.

Especially about Taylor's vagina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2009, 07:57:07 AM »
Taylor has a mangina?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2009, 07:59:24 AM »
Taylor has a mangina?

It was ever in doubt that he does?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 08:04:56 AM »

Everyone that I've seen who has laid blame for the depth issues this year (myself included) has stated that they respect the man and his accomplishments at Auburn.  Tuberville is, unless someone will stand up and contradict me, universally loved.

I love my family, too, but that doesn't stop me from calling them out when I think they have phuked up.  Tuberville and his staff clearly phuked up in the recruiting/personnel department over the final three years of their tenure.  The attrition numbers posted earlier show that...unequivocally.

The reasons are all up for debate.  We can all try and figure out why Taylor was born with female organs....there are plenty of theories on the subject, but the underlying cause (whatever it may be) does not change the fact that he's a woman.  And whatever the reason was that Tuberville had a 46% attrition rate over the last three years of his tenure does not change the fact that it happened under his watch and has resulted in a paper thin team this year.

All that said, I still wouldn't trade the decade that Tuberville gave Auburn for anything.  He was the right man, doing the right thing most of the time.

I liked your speech.  

You make the mistake of assuming your particular POV is the prevailing one, however.  

If you haven't seen people characterize Tuberville as "lazy ass" and denigrate his abilities and legacy on this board then I really can't help you.  You see what you want to see.

FWIW, you must not understand the term "unequivocally"  Because there is nothing in the attrition numbers that indicates in any way, shape or form a recruiting failure.  Attrition and recruiting are two different things.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:25:16 AM by Kerwin Bell's Moustache »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2009, 08:41:53 AM »

Everyone that I've seen who has laid blame for the depth issues this year (myself included) has stated that they respect the man and his accomplishments at Auburn.  Tuberville is, unless someone will stand up and contradict me, universally loved.

I love my family, too, but that doesn't stop me from calling them out when I think they have fucked up.  Tuberville and his staff clearly fucked up in the recruiting/personnel department over the final three years of their tenure.  The attrition numbers posted earlier show that...unequivocally.

The reasons are all up for debate.  We can all try and figure out why Taylor was born with female organs....there are plenty of theories on the subject, but the underlying cause (whatever it may be) does not change the fact that he's a woman.  And whatever the reason was that Tuberville had a 46% attrition rate over the last three years of his tenure does not change the fact that it happened under his watch and has resulted in a paper thin team this year.

All that said, I still wouldn't trade the decade that Tuberville gave Auburn for anything.  He was the right man, doing the right thing most of the time.
The problem here is if you look at his signing classes from 2002 thru 2008, the vast majority of them are identical on paper. 2007 was his best year. There were only two years he didn't bring in a five star recruit. Three out of five of AU's current starting OL were from the 07 class. In that class were also Josh Bynes, Wes Byrum, Eltoro Freeman (who went to JUCO). Oh, and guess who came out of the 08 class? Onterio McCalebb, Darvin Adams, and Eric Smith.

If anything, all you can blame the man for is being unable to predict the future. I didn't see anybody downing Chizik for taking a chance on that OL transfer from FSU. Shit, even I said he wasn't going to make it. Two weeks later, he's out. CTT gets reamed for not seeing 2 years into the future, but Chizik gets a pass for not being able to see two weeks into the future? I believe AU had a good bit of non-qualifiers from the '09 class (between 7-9?), and if I remember correctly, they were mostly guys Chizik drummed up. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong there.

Even showing the attrition numbers, we don't know if he could have worked with it. We don't know if he could have un-fucked it. The AU administration never gave him a chance. If you're using 2008 as your one and only example of he was unable to work with it or un-fuck it, thats a piss poor example for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:51:54 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2009, 03:33:33 PM »
I liked your speech.  

You make the mistake of assuming your particular POV is the prevailing one, however.  

If you haven't seen people characterize Tuberville as "lazy ass" and denigrate his abilities and legacy on this board then I really can't help you.  You see what you want to see.

FWIW, you must not understand the term "unequivocally"  Because there is nothing in the attrition numbers that indicates in any way, shape or form a recruiting failure.  Attrition and recruiting are two different things.

FYI...Scott Kennedy says you're full of shit.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20091202/SPORTS04/912020364/QB-CLUB-FSU-s-Bowden-was-best-closer-in-business-says-recruiting-analyst

Auburn, meanwhile, is making great strides in recruiting, and the Tigers' performance in
the recent Iron Bowl did not hurt, Kennedy said.

"This is not a rivalry for moral victories," said Kennedy, a 1996 graduate of Auburn University. "But as bad as Auburn had fallen recently, this was a good step in the right direction."

Auburn's fall, Kennedy said, lies at the footsteps of Tuberville and his staff.

"They lost their stomach for the fight," Kennedy said. "They quit fighting Georgia going for the (top-tier) athlete in Georgia. They quit fighting Florida and Miami in Florida. They quit fighting LSU for the top players in Louisiana. They quit fighting Tennessee.

"They would still battle Ole Miss and Mississippi State in Mississippi, but basically they became a second-tier recruiting school. And it was sickening.

"This (current) staff, they're fighting tooth and nail for everything, including the top recruits, and that attitude is showing itself on the field. I think it's a breath of fresh air."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.