Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coach Chizik gets it....

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Coach Chizik gets it....
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »
Ummmmmm, uhhhhh no they don't. some do others don't. That is a very bold speculative statement you put forth as fact. This shows that YOU like/love him and are trying to build him up. That is just like some players on this team love him and others can't stand him.

I will back up the statement she has made with what I have been told by some players and players parents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 09:09:01 AM »
The players at Notre Dame loved Charlie Weis so much, they elected to walk slowly out of the tunnel with him last weekend instead of run out in front of.

Players loving you doesn't mean anything.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 09:24:44 AM »
The players at Notre Dame loved Charlie Weis so much, they elected to walk slowly out of the tunnel with him last weekend instead of run out in front of.

Chizik's players at Auburn didnt go 15-21 over 3 seasons. Winners, ie - Carlos Rogers, versus Losers at ND. Just saying.....:)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 09:25:37 AM »
Chizik's players at Auburn didnt go 15-21 over 3 seasons.

Not yet they didn't....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 09:26:43 AM »
Chizik's players at Auburn didnt go 15-21 over 3 seasons. Winners, ie - Carlos Rogers, versus Losers at ND. Just saying.....:)
Wow, so now you guys are giving him credit as a head coach for wins with a different head coach. Thats some Prowler-esqe rationalization there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 09:27:07 AM »

Let me phrase EXACTLY how it was told to me.

"We feel like we were robbed of the last couple of years by our coaches.  They never even talked to us.  These coaches do."

You do the math.  

A coach does not have to be liked by his players.  Those things come down to different coaching styles but they are expected to be a large part of these players lives while attending and playing at Auburn so hearing from the horses mouth that there was a hands off approach by the last coaching staff tells me all I need to know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 09:55:36 AM »
Wow, so now you guys are giving him credit as a head coach for wins with a different head coach. Thats some Prowler-esqe rationalization there.

No dumb ass. I'm saying that I would put more stock in what players from a 13-0 squad, who are in the NFL, with more wins than any class in AU history at the time have to say about a coach, than players who went 15-21 under Weis and decided to lock arms with him at the end of the year. Seriously - Jason, Ronnie, Carlos, Junior - versus the ND Defense hugging Charlie in the tunnel? If a bar of Gold is talking to me versus a pile of dog poop, I'm gonna listen to the bar of gold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 09:56:34 AM »
Not yet they didn't....

Was talking about 2002-2004. Not the players now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 10:02:18 AM »
...so hearing from the horses mouth that there was a hands off approach by the last coaching staff tells me all I need to know.

The BBQ Boys phoned it in and got disconnected? I'm stunned. I think I need to go lay down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »
The BBQ Boys phoned it in and got disconnected? I'm stunned. I think I need to go lay down.

WTF are you talking about?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 10:08:48 AM »
WTF are you talking about?

The last coaches stunk it up at the end of their tenure is what I read into your post about the former players' comments. I was sarcastically showing surprise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »
The last coaches stunk it up at the end of their tenure is what I read into your post about the former players' comments. I was sarcastically showing surprise.

Yea I was missing the sarcasm. 
A lot of mine doesn't translate over Al Gore's interwebs either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »
Remember the emoticons, peoples.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 10:12:51 AM »
Ummmmmm, uhhhhh no they don't. some do others don't. That is a very bold speculative statement you put forth as fact. This shows that YOU like/love him and are trying to build him up. That is just like some players on this team love him and others can't stand him.

Ok a few things... First, all the defensive players (and a few who weren't) I ever knew at AU, when Chizik was DC, loved him and respected him. They said he was tough but fair. Now this didn't mean a whole lot to me then, I might have paid more attention had I known he'd be our HC before the decade was out....but I do remember that. Not speculative at all.
Second, don't ever think you know what the fuck I mean, or am trying to do. My feelings on Chizik have nothing to do with my prior statement. YOUR feelings for the man may color everything you say and think about him. Mine do not.
Third, maybe there are some players that can't stand him.....but damn near every recruit mentions talking with Coach Chizik in a positive way....mentions it as a factor in considering Auburn....that FACT makes your statement, about having all the other coaches talk for him to recruits, reek of the unfounded, ignorant, baseless bullshit that it is.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:16:16 AM by AUsweetheart »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »
Ok a few things... First, all the defensive players (and a few who weren't) I ever knew at AU, when Chizik was DC, loved him and respected him. They said he was tough but fair. Now this didn't mean a whole lot to me then, I might have paid more attention had I known he'd our HC before the decade was out....but I do remember that. Not speculative at all.
Second, don't ever think you know what the fuck I mean, or am trying to do. My feelings on Chizik have nothing to do with my prior statement. YOUR feelings for the man may color everything you say and think about him. Mine do not.
Third, maybe there are some players that can't stand him.....but damn near every recruit mentions talking with Coach Chizik in a positive way....mentions it as a factor in considering Auburn....that FACT makes your statement, about having all the other coaches talk for him to recruits, reek of the unfounded, ignorant, baseless bullshit that it is.

It just moved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 10:16:49 AM »
Ok a few things... First, all the defensive players (and a few who weren't) I ever knew at AU, when Chizik was DC, loved him and respected him. They said he was tough but fair. Now this didn't mean a whole lot to me then, I might have paid more attention had I known he'd our HC before the decade was out....but I do remember that. Not speculative at all.

Fact is if Chizik had never gone to Iowa State and failed and Auburn had hired the DC from Texas who had won here and there, the hire would have made sense and no one would have said anything about it. But he came here with that mark on his resume and like it or not, it'll take a long time to change it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 10:33:54 AM »
It just moved.

Huh huh me too.

Sweetheart, you should know by now that you are arguing with Forrest Gump. You know - that little public school system IQ line? The minimum to attend a public school is 70. GW is RIIIGGGHHHT around here - 67.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2009, 10:43:51 AM »
Huh huh me too.

Sweetheart, you should know by now that you are arguing with Forrest Gump. You know - that little public school system IQ line? The minimum to attend a public school is 70. GW is RIIIGGGHHHT around here - 67.

Apparently his momma sho did care about his education.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »
Just some random stats that interested me.....

In 2008, CTT's total margin of loss was 76 points in 7 losses with half a season without an OC. Chizik's margin of loss for 5 losses was 61 points.

In 2008, CTT's total margin of win was 68 points in 5 wins. Chizik's margin of win is 123 in 7 wins. Both squads won only 1 road game.

Wins/Losses versus same opponents in 2008 and 2009 with rankings of opponents when AU played them, and end of the regular season record:

MSU
2008: W 3-2 (4-8)
2009: W 49-24 (5-7)

LSU
2008: L 26-21 (#6) (7-5)
2009: L 31-10 (#9) (9-3)

UT
2008: W 14-12 (5-7)
2009: W 26-22 (7-5)

Arkansas
2008: L 25-22 (5-7)
2009: L 44-23 (7-5)

UWV
2008: L 34-17 (8-4)
2009: W 41-30 (8-3)

Ole Miss
2008: L 17-7 (8-4)
2009: W 33-20 (#25) (8-4)

UGA
2008: L 17-13 (#10) (10-3)
2009: L 31-24 (7-5)

UA
2008: L 36-0 (#1) (12-0)
2009: L 26-21 (#2) (12-0)

The difference in the two years? AU was able to beat a WVU squad that was sans Pat White, and an Ole Miss squad that got its ass handed to it by a 4-7 MSU team. Now, I'm not so sure you can sit here and draw direct lines from year to year. Dynamics of teams change from year to year. Football as a whole changes from year to year. CTT didn't have an OC for half a year, and Chizik has had one all season. CTT had been at AU for 10 years, and this was Chizik's first year. However, 2008 was the worst year for CTT. I suppose use your brain on all of that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2009, 11:15:23 AM »
I would say the fact that CTT was there for 10 years makes his season more tragic because he had complete control over it. 

Down years I can understand and even expect.  Total disasters I do not.  Not when you are being compensated in such a way to supposedly prevent that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions