Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tuberville Rumors?

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Tuberville Rumors?
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 10:58:39 PM »
I'm not convinced they know what they are looking for at UVA. The Temple coach has ties to the school is what I've heard.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.....but isn't Tuberville and the UVA president old friends?  I honestly would be shocked if he isn't coaching there next season, but with what goes with coaching searches now, who knows?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 12:35:24 AM »
I figured he'd be going to Louisville or some shit.  Seems like that school would be a better fit than VA, but then again VA really doesn't come with much expectations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 09:40:51 AM »
I've been hearing him going to UVA since Sept.  Although I think they would be dumb to not hire the Richmond coach.

One of my coworkers played football at UVa in the mid-80s, and he told me that Tubs name was being mentioned right after UVa lost to William & Mary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 01:02:19 PM »
Anybody hearing anything? 

Today's entry:  He will replace Willie Martinez as DC at thUGA.  Comes from an older guy with ties to their program that keeps his ears to da skreets.  He's half full of shit, and half full of truth, but I just can't see Tubs being anything but a HC.

Update said rumors here, if you please.

Joe Schad from ESPN Radio just tweeted (about 30 minutes ago) that Willie Martinez will not be retained as UGA's DC.  Next,  AM 680 the Fan (Sports Radio here in Atlanta) broadcasts this info.

Hmmmm....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 01:20:31 PM »
Joe Schad from ESPN Radio just tweeted (about 30 minutes ago) that Willie Martinez will not be retained as UGA's DC.  Next,  AM 680 the Fan (Sports Radio here in Atlanta) broadcasts this info.

Hmmmm....

And then Chuck Oliver comes on and says Tubs would never take the job...     :flash:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »
Joe Schad from ESPN Radio just tweeted (about 30 minutes ago) that Willie Martinez will not be retained as UGA's DC. 
UGA fans everywhere are rejoicing, I'm sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jadennis

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 05:40:13 PM »
The UCF thing is interesting, but since they just went 8-4, I don't see the job being open.  Especially since they just beat Houston down the stretch and their losses were to Texas, Miami, East Carolina, and Southern Miss...two completely expected and two acceptable.

Virginia is everyone's obvious option, but the Temple coach may very well have that job in the bag (he's their former defensive coordinator).  Under Golden, Temple has gone from 1-11, to 4-8, to 5-7, to 9-3.  Add to that the fact that he's only about 40 years old, and he's sure to be one of their top picks.

Of course, he played tight end at Penn State...is there a chance he waits a year or two for a shot at the Penn State job?  I could see them wanting to hire someone young and try to keep them for 40 years again.

I like the Paul Johnson to Notre Dame and Tuberville to Georgia Tech idea.  You can recruit to Atlanta and he knows Georgia and Florida well.  
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:41:40 PM by jaddazio »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 07:03:24 PM »
Martinez out as Defensive Coordinator
along with two others

After weeks of speculation, Georgia coach Mark Richt has announced changes to his defensive staff.
Wednesday, Richt announced that defensive coordinator and secondary coach Willie Martinez, defensive co-coordinator and linebacker coach John Jancek, and defensive ends coach Jon Fabris will not return in 2010. All three have been asked to coach through the bowl game.

"I cannot express enough my thanks to all three for their contributions to our program," said Richt. "However, in the final analysis I¹m charged with providing the leadership and direction for the Georgia program and sometimes that means making difficult decisions. This was one of them."

Martinez and Fabris are members of Richt¹s original staff that came in 2001. Jancek joined the Georgia staff in 2005.

Martinez drew considerable fire from fans after his defenses scuffled mightily the past two seasons, including the just-completed 2009 campaign which saw the Bulldogs (7-5) finish 10th in the SEC in scoring defense (26.4 points), seventh in total defense (328.4), third in rushing defense (127.6) and 10th in passing defense (200.8).

Martinez was promoted to Defensive Coordinator in 2005 after serving four years as part of Richt's original staff as secondary coach at UGA. He had previously served three years as the secondary coach at Central Michigan University and the assistant head coach in 2000 before joining Richt at Georgia.

During his seven years at UGA, he has been part of a staff that has led Georgia to 79 victories, two championships, three SEC Eastern Division titles, five bowl victories, and five top ten finishes in the final national polls including No. 2 in 2007. Martinez' 2006 Georgia defense ranked 8th nationally in total defense, 5th in pass defense and 1st in the SEC in third down efficiency.

Fabris has also been with Richt since the beginning of his Georgia tenure.

Prior to coming to Athens, Fabris coached a year with the Cleveland Browns following a stint at South Carolina.

He also served as an assistant at Kansas State, Notre Dame, Iowa State and Washington State.

Jancek joined the Bulldog staff in January of 2005 after serving as the defensive coordinator at Central Michigan. He assumed the additional duties of defensive co-coordinator earlier this year.

http://uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1023820
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 07:06:25 PM »
Kinda scary if you ask me.  Georgia with a defense might have won the NC a few years ago.  Actually, I think UGA has had championship caliber talent for years now, but their defense has been swiss cheese since 2005. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 07:09:25 PM »
If this goes down as insinuated in this thread, motherfuck Tuberville.

Kevin, you just thought there was bad blood toward him coming from the general fanbase (which at present, there's not).

Let him take a step down as DC of our second biggest rival.

There will be no statues outside the stadium or anything named after him, to say the least.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:21:01 PM by UFChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 07:13:06 PM »
If this goes down as insinuated in this thread, motherfuck Tuberville.

Kevin, you just thought there was bad blood toward him coming from the general fanbase (which at present, there's not).

Let him take a step down as OC DC of our second biggest rival.

There will be no statues outside the stadium or anything named after him, to say the least.
FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 07:22:08 PM »
FTFY
Yeah, I meant to bend that left side of the O in a little.

I think faster than I type sometimes. Especially when dealing with acronyms.

TIFFWIW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 11:45:12 PM »
If this goes down as insinuated in this thread, motherphuk Tuberville.

Let him take a step down as DC of our second biggest rival.

I can't see any way in the world that will happen.  If he takes a coordinator position it will be in the pros. 

If that's the direction he goes, I'll be the first in line throwing dogshit at the door of his house. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

boartitz

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 09:19:33 AM »
Tubby ain't taking an assistant job in the SEC. Or anywhere else. That's crazy talk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 09:30:18 AM »
Tubby ain't taking an assistant job in the SEC. Or anywhere else. That's crazy talk.

THIS

He would have to be desperate. He is not. Ga fans need to get over themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE