Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dakota Moseley Commits To Auburn

Dakota Moseley Commits To Auburn
« on: November 28, 2009, 04:45:26 PM »
War Eagle!  Great commit! 

6-5 / 255  TE

2*, but by all accounts has surpassed that ranking this season.  Just selected HS-All American and Under Armor Bowl Participant. 

Teamate of Michael Dyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Dakota Moseley Commits To Auburn
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »

6-5 / 255  TE

2*, but by all accounts has surpassed that ranking this season.  Just selected HS-All American and Under Armor Bowl Participant. 

Teamate of Michael Dyer.
HELL YEAH!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 05:17:49 PM »
Dakota Mosley OL/TE 6'4" 255lbs Little Rock Christian, Ark. (4 Grillz)

Offers:
Auburn (Committed 2009/11/28)
FSU
Tennessee
La Tech
Tulsa

Receiving interest from:
Arkansas
Ohio State
Illinois
Ole Miss
MSU

"(Clint Moseley) just told me how much he loved it and how great the coaching staff was and they really just care about the players," Mosley said. "They're not just here to make money. They really care about making the players men. That's something that's really important to me."

Auburn finished the regular season 7-5 but Mosley said he's excited about the future of the program under Chizik.

"They've done a great job winning with the talent they lack this year," Mosley said. "They're bringing in good talent. When they get that talent in there we'll be ready to go and rock and roll.

"Best team in the West and best team in the nation."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 05:33:23 PM »
Who's the 5-star that gave the visit a big thumbs up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 05:54:13 PM »
Who's the 5-star that gave the visit a big thumbs up?
The #4 rated DE prospect in the Country, Corey Lemonier out of Hialeah, Fl.  Brought his mother and brother with him, they haven't accompanied him on any of his other official visits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 08:16:18 PM »
The #4 rated DE prospect in the Country, Corey Lemonier out of Hialeah, Fl.  Brought his mother and brother with him, they haven't accompanied him on any of his other official visits.
Good deal. Thank you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 08:50:56 AM »

6-5 / 255  TE

Teamate of Michael Dyer.

Just guessing here, and others may know different, but I'm going to speculate that this may be an OL or DL "project" rather than a 2* TE.  A 6-5 frame could easily carry 25-45 more pounds and be anything from a 3 Tech. DT at around 285 to an Offensive Tackle at around 300.   TEs are usually decent athletes, and can often find another position to fill if they are needed and not a great TE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
Just guessing here, and others may know different, but I'm going to speculate that this may be an OL or DL "project" rather than a 2* TE.  A 6-5 frame could easily carry 25-45 more pounds and be anything from a 3 Tech. DT at around 285 to an Offensive Tackle at around 300.   TEs are usually decent athletes, and can often find another position to fill if they are needed and not a great TE.
I think he'll get a look at TE, but the coaches know that he'll more than likely put on some more weight....especially with Yox.  Also you're correct, most of the times, TEs are athletically better than offensive linemen.  Auburn is also looking at another TE/DE in Brandon Mosley and they're looking at him as an offensive lineman...he's big like Dakota.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 03:20:29 PM »
I think he'll get a look at TE, but the coaches know that he'll more than likely put on some more weight....especially with Yox.  Also you're correct, most of the times, TEs are athletically better than offensive linemen.  Auburn is also looking at another TE/DE in Brandon Mosley and they're looking at him as an offensive lineman...he's big like Dakota.

Like I said, just a SWAG on my part...he's 6-4, 252, and runs a 4.82 40 according to Rivals.  My money is on "growing" him in to a DT, or OG.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 09:32:53 AM »
With good feet, a pulling guard in the making I would say. A guy who is used to blocking on the edge. Teach him to pick up blitzes and he could be a great guard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 01:57:11 PM »

6-5 / 255  TE

Teamate of Michael Dyer.

Oh, and BTW, Rivals has him as a 3 Star...FWIW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 02:49:52 PM »
Oh, and BTW, Rivals has him as a 3 Star...FWIW.

Yeah but we have him as 4 Grillz....FWIW
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 03:24:44 PM »

And half a pimp cup...FWIW
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 04:00:30 PM »

Word!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 04:19:33 PM »
Jay Ratliff was listed as a 6-5, 256lb TE as a Fr. in 2001 at Auburn.  IIRC, he was a 2 star prospect too. 

Currently listed as a 6-4, 303lb NT for the Dallas Cowboys, and was a pro bowler at that position in 2008. 

Just sayin'. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »
Jay Ratliff was listed as a 6-5, 256lb TE as a Fr. in 2001 at Auburn.  IIRC, he was a 2 star prospect too. 

Currently listed as a 6-4, 303lb NT for the Dallas Cowboys, and was a pro bowler at that position in 2008. 

Just sayin'. 

Just sayin what?  That getting fatter, makes you shorter?  Damn, I knew something was up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions