Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So what bowl game do we end up in?

boartitz

Re: So what bowl game do we end up in?
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »
Most of 'em are found in cemeteries...except for my great great great uncle Lucius...he is on the fireplace mantle.

And there are those few bodies that are in Smith Lake  :)

WAR EAGLE
Who are you? A well respected poster from another board that I am not aware of ? Or are you just going for your yellow belt in posting with your "I've Got A Secret" deal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »
Lets just say EA has been around our program a long time, knows a lot of 'stuff' and has his reasons. I know what he is getting at. Bham = just not a good idea. Why dont we just leave it at that? :)

And Ea, Wes - why dont you both shut the fuck up and go diddle with your vaginas together...lol  :rofl:

No, why don't we fucking don't?

There is nothing to fear in my selfish wish that we play a bowl in b'ham.  And my post supporting Sani stands: the best thing...the BEST thing...about playing in a non-BCS bowl is the extra practice time.  Our team needs this practice.  Every other bowl brings the same thing to the table.

I'm sorry that you are mired in whatever past conspiracy that compels you to believe that somehow playing in a bowl that has NO affiliation with either school will hurt us.  Fuck it.

And, fuck you, for your cryptic shit.  Lay it out or continue to fuck yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2009, 11:39:05 PM »
No, why don't we phuking don't?

There is nothing to fear in my selfish wish that we play a bowl in b'ham.  And my post supporting Sani stands: the best thing...the BEST thing...about playing in a non-BCS bowl is the extra practice time.  Our team needs this practice.  Every other bowl brings the same thing to the table.

I'm sorry that you are mired in whatever past conspiracy that compels you to believe that somehow playing in a bowl that has NO affiliation with either school will hurt us.  phuk it.

And, phuk you, for your cryptic poop.  Lay it out or continue to phuk yourself.

No one is arguing the benefit of extra practice....but it does not outweigh everything.....and no, not every non BCS bowl brings the same thing to the table....most do....but there are exceptions....again not my problem that you are too stupid or ill-informed to know the difference.

No one mentioned fear.

I am sorry that you are a phucking moron and apparently do not know anyone to ask about this situation.

I am sorry that you actually believe that this bowl or B'ham has no affiliation with either school...this reaks of so much ignorance it is just plain sad and laughable.

I am sorry that you think this is a PAST issue...again, simply moronic.

Again, most of this is not secret or cryptic information.........your frustration comes from your own mental inadequacies.

WAR EAGLE
 :fu:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:40:39 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

wesfau2

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2009, 11:48:47 PM »
No one is arguing the benefit of extra practice....but it does not outweigh everything.....and no, not every non BCS bowl brings the same thing to the table....most do....but there are exceptions....again not my problem that you are too stupid or ill-informed to know the difference.

No one mentioned fear.

I am sorry that you are a phucking moron and apparently do not know anyone to ask about this situation.

I am sorry that you actually believe that this bowl or B'ham has no affiliation with either school...this reaks of so much ignorance it is just plain sad and laughable.

I am sorry that you think this is a PAST issue...again, simply moronic.

Again, most of this is not secret or cryptic information.........your frustration comes from your own mental inadequacies.

WAR EAGLE
 :fu:

We've gotten off on the wrong foot, I guess.

Let me try a more friendly approach:

I appreciate your contributions to this little slice of internet life. I feel that you have something to say, but you are reluctant.  What could I offer you to induce disclosure of this top-secret info?

Harvey has a relatively virgin butt...I'll offer you next throw at him if you'll share*.

*offer void in five seconds because the offer-ee is a putz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 12:08:10 AM »
Because our own old drunk got us to the point where we don't have to play there.
...in the "Iron Bowl."  Last time I checked, they won't be matching up Auburn and Alabama in the PJDC Bowl.  Maybe I am just not enlightened enough, or a big enough insider. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 12:11:13 AM »
We've gotten off on the wrong foot, I guess.

Let me try a more friendly approach:

I appreciate your contributions to this little slice of internet life. I feel that you have something to say, but you are reluctant.  What could I offer you to induce disclosure of this top-secret info?

Harvey has a relatively virgin butt...I'll offer you next throw at him if you'll share*.

*offer void in five seconds because the offer-ee is a putz.

Nah, we haven't gotten off on the wrong foot.........nothing is taken personally and I am enjoying the discussion & the diversion from my non-internet life.

Again, nothing (but maybe one or two things) is top secret/superduper double secret/CIA top-secret info....in fact the very acrimonious and long running history between B'ham and AU is fairly well known, documented and on-going.

I simply have no desire to spell it out here.........I am not the only AU person that knows this stuff...others know it and if they find their way here they can share if they so choose.

I understand your "selfish" reasons for wanting a bowl game you can attend and that AU can get some extra practice from.......but sometimes (not all the time) other things are simply more important........avoiding B'ham is one of those times, tifwiw.

WAR EAGLE

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

auburnredwing

• The Resident Mexican
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 01:58:36 AM »
Then why even mention it?  Hell you have spent more time telling us what its not and who knows what it is... ya could of told us by now and saved 10 or so post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 10:02:54 AM »
Then why even mention it?  Hell you have spent more time telling us what its not and who knows what it is... ya could of told us by now and saved 10 or so post.

That's not the way to get your post count up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »
Hot rumor is that the Outback Bowl is going to pass over Tennessee and pick Auburn.

That would be interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 10:08:01 AM »
Hot rumor is that the Outback Bowl is going to pass over Tennessee and pick Auburn.

That would be interesting.

Makes some sense, I guess.  Auburn hasn't been there since the 1996 PSU drubbing of Tot's bunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 10:09:40 AM »
Makes some sense, I guess.  Auburn hasn't been there since the 1996 PSU drubbing of Tot's bunch monsoon.

That's the way I remember it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 10:11:20 AM »
Makes some sense, I guess.  Auburn hasn't been there since the 1996 PSU drubbing of Tot's bunch.

Would that make the opponent Penn State or Iowa?

Brian Matthews of one of the pay services now confirms AU and Outback are in talks. Should be announcement today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 10:11:24 AM »
That's the way I remember it.
Tru dat.  I thought it was funny though that the goofy white kids could throw and catch their way to 3 or 4 passing touchdowns...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 10:19:25 AM »
Where is the Outback?  Tampa?

I can do that. I even have offices there and could likely finagle some business expense in conection with said trip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 10:22:44 AM »
Tru dat.  I thought it was funny though that the goofy white kids could throw and catch their way to 3 or 4 passing touchdowns...

All I remember was Stephen Davis single handedly trying to win that game in spite of Tot.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:29:48 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 10:27:59 AM »
ooooh ooooh I hope you are right Sensi, I would be there in a heartbeat.  That stadium is tight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Aubie16

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »
Outback has 3rd pick from the Big 10. If the BCS selects Iowa or Penn St as an at-large, we would definitely be playing Wisconsin. If the BCS does not select an at-large from the Big 10, we would be playing either Iowa or Penn St (whichever the Cap 1 does not select).

Edit: Fiesta is most likely going to take Iowa/Penn St. So we'll be playing Wisconsin if we do indeed get the invite.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:11:10 PM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2009, 12:12:57 PM »
Looks like the Cotton Bowl will be OSU vs Ole Miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2009, 12:15:52 PM »
No, why don't we phuking don't?

There is nothing to fear in my selfish wish that we play a bowl in b'ham.  And my post supporting Sani stands: the best thing...the BEST thing...about playing in a non-BCS bowl is the extra practice time.  Our team needs this practice.  Every other bowl brings the same thing to the table.

I'm sorry that you are mired in whatever past conspiracy that compels you to believe that somehow playing in a bowl that has NO affiliation with either school will hurt us.  phuk it.

And, phuk you, for your cryptic poop.  Lay it out or continue to phuk yourself.

Calm down friend. Don't soil yourself over it. My response was tongue in cheek.  We are going to a non-BCS bowl regardless. Its just a matter of which one. Many still have bad feelings about Bham. EA has his feelings, you have yours.  I'd rather go to Tampa, Nashville or Atlanta than ....Bham. Why? I just would. And I WILL continue to fuck myself. It feels great. :)

Now, onto more interesting rumors about the Outback Bowl. Sensi - where are you hearing of this?  :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2009, 01:11:19 PM »
If I may be so bold as to interject a little different perspective on why and where a team might want to go...

Practice is one thing.  VERY valuable.  Old people and vendettas against a program or University etc. are another altogether.  Below are the payouts form the 2008-2009 Bowls.  It didn't transfer (Copy and paste)in an easy to read format but you get the picture when you see B'ham and Papa John paying $300K while the Outback shells out $3.1 mil.

2008 - 2009   Bowl Matchups
Date / Time Payout / TV Matchup Site
Eagle Bank Bowl
Dec 20 @ 7 PM $750,00
ESPN2 Navy 99 ,
ACC 99 Washington, DC
Pioneeer Purevision Las Vegas Bowl
San Diego County CU Poinsettia Bowl
Dec 20 @ 7 PM $750,00
ESPN2 Mountain West 99 ,
Pac-10 99 San Diego, California
Pioneeer Purevision Las Vegas Bowl
Dec 20@ 7 PM  $1 Million
ESPN Pac-10 99 ,
Mountain West 99 Las Vegas
R & L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Dec 21@ 8 PM $325,000
ESPN2 Sun Belt 99 ,
C-USA 99 New Orleans, La
Papa Johns.com Birmingham Bowl
Dec 29 @ 1 PM  $300,000
ESPN2 SEC 99 ,
Big East 99 Birmingham, Al.
New Mexico Bowl
Dec 20 @ 1:30 PM  $750,000
ESPN WAC 99 ,
Mountain West 99  Albuquerque, NM.
Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Ft. Worth Bowl
Dec 31 @ 11:30A M  $750,000
ESPN Mountain West , 99
C-USA 99  Ft. Worth, Tx.
Sheraton Hawai Bowl
Dec 23@ 7:30 PM  $750,000
ESPN WAC 99 ,
Pac-10 99 Honolulu
Motor City Bowl
Dec 26 @ 6:30 PM  $750,000
ESPN Big 10 99 ,
MAC 99 Detroit
PetroSun Independence Bowl
Dec 28 @ 3:30  $1.1 Million
ESPN SEC 99 ,
Big 1299  Shreveport, Lousiana
Emerald Bowl
Dec 27 @ 7 PM  $750,000
ESPN Pac-10 99,
ACC 99 San Francisco, Ca.
Pacific Life Holiday Bowl
Dec 27 @ 7 PM  $2.2 Million
ESPN Pac 10 99 ,
Big 12 99  San Diego, Ca
Texas Bowl
Dec 28 @ 8 PM  $750,000
NFL Network Big 12 99 ,
C-USA 99  Houston, Texas
Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl
Dec 31 @ 1 PM  $1.6 Million
ESPN2 ACC 99 ,
SEC 99  Nashvill, Tn.
Brut Sun Bowl
Dec 31 @ 2 PM  $1.9 Million
CBS Pac-10 99 ,
? 99  El Paso, Tx.
Auto Zone Liberty Bowl
Jan 2 @ 3:30 PM  $1.7 Million
ESPN C-USA 99 ,
SEC 99  Memphis, Tn.
Insight Bowl
Dec 31 @ 6:30 PM  $1.2 Million
NFL Network Big 12 99 ,
Big 10 99  Temple, Az.
Champs Sports Bowl
Dec 27 @
7:00 PM  $2.25 Million
ESPN ACC 99 ,
Big 10 99 Orlando, Fl.
Meineke Car Care Bowl
Dec 27 @ 1 PM  $750,000
ESPN Big East 99 ,
ACC 99 Charlott, NC
Valero Alamo Bowl
Dec 29 @ 4:30 PM  $2.25 Million
ESPN Big 10 99 ,
Big 1299 San Antonio, Tx.
Petrosun Independence Bowl
Dec 30 @ 8 PM  $1.1 Million
ESPN SEC 99 ,
Big 12 99  Shreveport, La.
Chick-Fil-A Bowl
Dec 31 @ 8 PM  $5.56 Million
ESPN ACC 99 ,
SEC 99 Atlanta Ga.
Roady's Humantarian Bowl
Dec 30 @ 6:30 PM  $750,000
ESPN2 WAC 99 ,
ACC 99 Boise, Idaho
Outback Bowl
Jan 1 @ 11 AM  $3.1 Million
ESPN Big 10 99 ,
SEC 99  Tampa, Fl.
AT&T Cotton Bowl
Jan 2 @ 11:30 AM  $3 Million
FOX Big 12 99 ,
SEC 99  Dallas, Tx
Konica Minolta Gator Bowl
Jan 1 @ 10 PM $4.25 Million
CBS ACC 99 ,
? 99 Jacksonvill, Fl
Capital One Bowl
Jan 1 @ 1 PM $4.25 Million
ABC Big 10 99 ,
SEC 99 Orlando, Fl
International Bowl
Jan 3 @ 12 Noon  $750,000
ESPN2 MAC 99 ,
Big East 99 Toronto, Canada
GMAC Bowl
Jan 6 @ 8 PM $750,000
ESPN MAC 99 ,
C-USA 99 Mobil, Ala.
BCS Bowl Games 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rose Bowl
Jan 1 @ 5 PM  $17 Million
ABC Pen State 99 ,
BCS 99 Pasadena, California
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
Jan 5 @ 8:30 PM  $-$17 Million
FOX BCS 99 ,
BCS 99 Glendale, Arizona
Fedex Orange Bowl
Jan 3 @ 8 PM  $17 Million
FOX BCS 99 ,
BCS 99
 Miami, Fl.
Allstate Sugar Bowl
Jan 2 @ 8 PM  $17 Million
FOX BCS 99 ,
BCS 99 New Orleans, La.
BCS National Championship
Jan 8 @ 8 PM  $17 Million
FOX BCS #1 99 ,
BCS #2 99 Miami, Fl.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."