Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We may have come up short...

Re: We may have come up short...
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »
I think it needs to be said, that watch how much you talk about "how bad Bama" played versus giving Auburn credit for playing how well they did.

There were some good x's and o's going on in that game.  Bama needs an effort LIKE that game yesterday with Ingram being taken out to beat Florida.

That game was the most physical game I've seen our defense play yet.  They stepped up, even if they finally broke that last drive.  A fourth and one stop that was for me, proof positive, our hearts were in it.  They NEVER would have stopped that play last year.  Against ANYONE.

Auburn played an outstanding game yesterday.  Bama didn't almost lose because of lack of effort on their part.  Not an excuse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »
Auburn played an outstanding game yesterday.  Bama didn't almost lose because of lack of effort on their part.  Not an excuse.
In all fairness, its a combination of both. Auburn played like a team with 12 days or prep time should play. Really, they played above that. Alabama missed some opportunities too. Don't act like Alabama played the PERFECT game. McElroy missed a few reads to wide open receivers over the middle. Ingram overthrew an open Julio Jones in the endzone. Auburn did play one hell of a game yesterday. They played well over their heads, and of course they get credit for that. Nobody is denying that. But, you can't honestly say that Alabama played their best either. You can argue it all day long that "Well, AU was the cause of that" and I'm sure you will. To an extent, you would be right. AU had a good scheme in place for Alabama. But Alabama shot themselves in the foot some as well. AU didn't play a perfect game either. They had mistakes too.

All in all, this game turned out to be the norm for the Iron Bowl. Usually this game is within 10 points regardless of who is better. Even AU's 2004 team won by only 8 points over a hapless Alabama. What does that mean?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:11:46 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 11:48:27 AM »
Apparently a lot of people on both sides have forgotten the 2004 Iron Bowl.  What was it, 6-0 Bama at halftime?  Bama was 6-5 coming into that game, with Spencer Pennington playing quarterback.  Bama was able to hold Carnell and Ronnie to under 100 yards rushing and eventually lost 21-13. 

Just goes to show you regardless of how well a team is playing, they are going to get everyone's best shot in every game.  Alabama should have been killed in 2004, yet they led at halftime and lost by a touchdown and 2 point conversion. 

Auburn came out with a damn good game plan, executed, and stayed in until the end of the game.  They were ready to play, and that says a lot about the players on their team.  Those guys are fighters and didn't listen to all the nay sayers in the 2 weeks leading up to the game.  It was a hell of a lot closer than I wanted or expected, but a win is a win. 

The one thing that pissed me off the most about the game was CBS.  Why, when Alabama is in the hardest fight of the year, did CBS keep showing the dumbass #1 vs #2 preview for next week's SECCG?  Holy shit that was disrespectful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 11:54:55 AM »
The one thing that pissed me off the most about the game was CBS.  Why, when Alabama is in the hardest fight of the year, did CBS keep showing the dumbass #1 vs #2 preview for next week's SECCG?  Holy shit that was disrespectful.
Shit, you should have heard them pre-game. I was like wtf?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler