Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Controller Options for the Large Handed one.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Controller Options for the Large Handed one.
« on: November 23, 2009, 01:55:50 PM »
OPTION #1
XCM Crossbattle Adapter
Cross Battle Adapter Brings Xbox 360 Controller to PS3, With Rumble

It's the Holy Grail of self-loathing DualShock gamers. Ditch Sony's controller for Microsoft's with the XCM's latest, fully functional Cross Battle Adapter.

The adapter plugs into your PS3's USB port where it accepts wired Xbox 360 controllers. Beyond mere "it works!" functionality along with new rumble support, you can also toggle turbo on any button—which is why the unit has like a thousand switches.

The XCM Cross Battle Adapter is available at a few online retailers where it appears to be selling for about $55. So the question is, just how much do you hate yourself, fanboy?
Buy it here:
http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-ps3-xcba

OPTION #2

DreamGEAR Shadow Wireless PS3 Controller

I stated in a past review that people prefer the Xbox 360 controller to the PS3's Dualshock. While this statement is controversial in regards to the fact it will always be up for debate and comes down to personal preference, it appears yet another company that makes gaming peripherals agrees. Presenting the PS3 Shadow Wireless Controller made by dreamGEAR. While the Shadow Wireless falls short of being a direct 360 controller clone, it is without a doubt a great, albeit it pricey, alternative for those looking for a different controller to use with their PS3.

One quick glance reveals that the Shadow Wireless is modeled after but does not fully copy the shape of the 360 controller, most notably the position of the analog sticks. It also markets "enhanced L2 and R2 triggers," which is nothing more than marketing talk used to reinforce the fact that it also has triggers, just like the 360 controller. All things considering, I think it is very safe to say dreamGEAR's target market is indeed people who feel the 360 controller is the better controller.

As indicated, this is a full stand-alone controller. The controller itself sports 2.4 GHz latency free wireless technology, dual rumble motors, and a built-in rechargeable battery. The wireless is achieved by using a USB port with an included dongle on your PS3. Be aware, you will need an available USB port on your PS3 itself. Not a huge deal, but if you do not have any free ports, you cannot use this controller. You will also not be turning your PS3 on and off with this controller, as it is wireless, however it is not Bluetooth.

It also features a rubberized grip shell, which I have to stress feels absolutely great in your hands. It is definitely very comfortable and feels super smooth in one's hands.
Buy it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Wireless-Controller-Rumble-Playstation-3/dp/B001RNOQLS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1255811353&sr=8-1
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:02:07 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Controller Options for the Large Handed one.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
The first one is really a damn good option!  I just have to find a controller with enough cord length. 

Now I just gotta figure out how to integrate the sound some other way than bluetooth.  There are plenty of headsets on the market but now I have to consider integration with this controller.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »
The site I listed to buy does not have it in stock...try these.

http://www.google.com/products?oe=utf-8&q=xcm+cross+battle+adapter&spell=1&oi=spell
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:44:35 PM »
Done.  Now all I got to do is unfuck this bluetooth situation.

Wesley just thought I was laying waste before when I had to play with that f'upped controller.  It's on now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:04:06 PM »
Have you tried the wired headset? I'm off Wednesday and I'll get home around 11 Tuesday night, so I'll be ready to get my ass killed all day long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 03:05:29 PM »
Done.  Now all I got to do is unfuck this bluetooth situation.

Wesley just thought I was laying waste before when I had to play with that f'upped controller.  It's on now.
Whats wrong with your bluetooth?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 03:17:30 PM »
Whats wrong with your bluetooth?

Nothing.  It's functional.  That about all that can be said of that form of communication. 

Feedback/static seems to be a constant problem between other players in the room.

I personally think it is also pretty hinky that you have to turn the bluetooth on in the menu each time you boot up the PS3.

For those of you who will be continuing to use the regular PS3 controller I found setting up the controller different from the default to be a bit helpful as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 03:18:52 PM »
Nothing.  It's functional.  That about all that can be said of that form of communication. 

Feedback/static seems to be a constant problem between other players in the room.

I personally think it is also pretty hinky that you have to turn the bluetooth on in the menu each time you boot up the PS3.

Yeah, Sunday was my first time using the BT headset and I was underwhelmed to say the veryfuckingleast.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 03:21:58 PM »
You shouldn't have to, I don't.  I just flip my bluetooth on and it works.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:22:32 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 03:24:39 PM »
Have you tried the wired headset? I'm off Wednesday and I'll get home around 11 Tuesday night, so I'll be ready to get my ass killed all day long.

Yes.  No complaint really.  It's not great, but it's not bad either.  Only 15 feet of cable length though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »
You shouldn't have to, I don't.  I just flip my bluetooth on and it works.

Maybe that's your problem.  You haven't had one work yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 03:26:56 PM »
I should admit though I am using my good bluetooth headset now.  Not cheap when I bought it at $150.

Aliph Jawbone Bluetooth Headset:

Reader Revanche gave us his take on the Aliph Jawbone Bluetooth headset last week, and we thought it was good enough to share with the rest of the class.

Style:
      Yes, it looks like a cheese grater but I didn't hear anyone complaining when Apple used that style in their computers. The truth is that there is just no good way to stick something on your ear without looking like a tool. The Jawbone tries it's best by using a soothing white LED instead of the bright blue one that is common on headsets nowadays and keeping their branding to a minimum. You get a combination of earplugs and ear pieces for a snug fit although they all look pretty much the same when you take them out of the box. Charging is done through either the USB port or plugging the USB cable into a power adapter. Thankfully, the power adapter also doubles for plugging in other devices that charge over the USB port (such as my Blackberry), although the manual does not encourage this.

One interesting thing to note is that the earpiece actually springs inwards instead of staying flush with the headset. This is to ensure to ensure that the sensor of the phone actually fits snugly against your face.

Comfort:
      After about an hour or two, it starts to get a little sore but no more or less than other headsets I've tried.

Usage:
      I'll say this much, I was able to sit in front of my laptop with Tiesto cranked all the way up and the caller on the other end was none the wiser. When quizzed on the issue, the best they could do was to detect a faint bass in the background but far from anything noticeable or annoying. Actually, I think the most annoying thing about this headset is the constant queries you'll pose to the person on the other end of the call asking them about the noise. It's difficult for me, at least, to sit there with the car window down, the music comfortably up and carry on a phone conversation without worrying that my friend things I'm an asshole for not quieting things down. In reality, he couldn't hear anything beyond my voice.

Listening to calls is a bit of a different story. I didn't notice the headset ever adjusting the volume of my phone calls although it would have been helpful. There are also no easy volume up or down controls from the headset, although there is a method to do it. Unfortunately, I found myself turning off the noise shield instead of tweaking the volume quite a few times. The manual actually recommends first to set the volume from the phone itself, but we all know how far that goes. Nothing that really impairs the ability of the headset, just a nuisance.

At the end of the day, it's not a perfect headset. It won't filter out the strong head-on wind that your walking into or let you talk to your friends from the middle of the dance floor. It will, however, make your every day conversations a lot more pleasant while eliminating the need to apologize for the noises that interrupt them. For me, it came down to being able to talk to clients in the airport without finding a quiet corner, having conversations on a busy street or just keeping the windows down as I drive. As long as you keep the expectations in check, you'll end up with a very rewarding purchase.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 03:29:06 PM »
Maybe that's your problem.  You haven't had one work yet.
It is working fine, I switched to my good one.  The reason it didn't work the other night was because it was still pointing to my crappy one.  I found that right after you logged smart ass.  I used it all weekend while your supposed internet was out...ie while you were on your 360 fanboy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »
It is working fine, I switched to my good one.  The reason it didn't work the other night was because it was still pointing to my crappy one.  I found that right after you logged smart ass.  I used it all weekend while your supposed internet was out...ie while you were on your 360 fanboy.

Well I'm glad it only took you three straight whiffs to figure that one out.

And yes I am a fanboy. 
After dealing with both systems I am ever firmer in my stance that if you want gaming then you want a 360.  If you want something else with the ability to maybe game then you want a PS3.  If you want to have a scrotum on your chin them you get a Wii.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 03:38:27 PM »
Well I'm glad it only took you three straight whiffs to figure that one out.

And yes I am a fanboy. 
After dealing with both systems I am ever firmer in my stance that if you want gaming then you want a 360.  If you want something else with the ability to maybe game then you want a PS3.  If you want to have a scrotum on your chin them you get a Wii.

If you want to pay more money continually you can also get a 360.

but I don't disagree with you the 360 certainly has more games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 06:56:25 PM »

but I don't disagree with you the 360 certainly has more games.
System Smack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 07:54:22 AM »

Yep.  That $60 a year is a killer.  Get what you pay for.

You needn't worry.  Sony is about to start charging as well.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 08:14:32 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 02:03:17 PM »
Yep.  That $60 a year is a killer.  Get what you pay for.

You needn't worry.  Sony is about to start charging as well.
I've had a playstation for years, I hate the X-Box controller.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »
I've had a playstation for years, I hate the X-Box controller.
I've had both.  I make fun of Capt. Sourpuss cause he is so adamant about the greatness that is 360.

I had the original PS, after that I traded up to the Xbox, and finally I have the PS3.  The reason I went with the PS3 was because of the blue ray player, and 3 of my friends who were going to get the PS3 so that we could game together. Those 3 people are never on.  To be honest I don't really, see a huge difference in either machine, they both do the same damn thing. 

I really wish they would do a pay service that would allow both platforms to play online, the coding can't be that far off. I would pay for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum