• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
The Bull Out For The Iron Bowl?
« on: November 20, 2009, 11:17:17 AM »
Looks like he may be...
Auburn notes: Eltoro Freeman still out
By Charles Goldberg -- The Birmingham News
November 19, 2009, 8:04PM

Auburn linebacker Eltoro Freeman didn't practice for the second straight day Thursday because of injuries, and that brought backup Jonathan Evans to the forefront again.

Evans had to fill in for Freeman after the linebacker was hurt in the first quarter against Georgia last week. Freeman has time to recover because Auburn isn't playing this week. But he's dealing with a concussion, said the Auburn radio network last Saturday, and has been seen in a protective boot this week as the Tigers work toward their Nov. 27 game against Alabama.

"Toro is going to be a day-by-day situation,'' said coach Gene Chizik after Thursday's workout. "We don't really know when that will be."

Chizik said Evans gained experience against Georgia and got "a good dose of SEC football last week.

"It's not that he hasn't played. The pressure, just of a freshman in general having to start a game, if that's the case, there will be some pressure on him,' Chizik said.

"Right now we're working through Jonathan as being `that' guy. But you've got to remember we've got to look at who's the next guy as well. It's a little bit of a challenging situation for us, but with Eltoro being day-to-day, he's certainly not out of the equation, either."

Defensive coordinator Ted Roof said Evans has "gotten better every day. He's making plays. He's more active."

Chizik said he doesn't see linebacker Adam Herring, who has been out for weeks with a heel, as an option.

**Auburn practiced 90 minutes Thursday. The Tigers will practice today and then enjoy their first Saturday off this season.

"The preparation is going well. The tempo is good,'' Chizik said.

Chizik said the Tigers hit in practice, a least some.

"You can't remove yourself from that, even this late in the season,'' Chizik said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: The Bull Out For The Iron Bowl?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »
Someone please teach Gene Chizik that it's "day to day" instead of "day by day." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 12:59:36 PM »
Well, that's just one less person to attempt to arm tackle Mark Ingram.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »
Someone please teach Gene Chizik that it's "day to day" instead of "day by day." 
I can see where his overuse of the term could be peeving.

But I believe you're nitpicking here. I'm pretty sure both phrases are acceptable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:17:12 PM »
The way he used it ...it should probably read Day to Day.  If he had said we are taking Eltoro's injury situation Day by Day, that would have been ok to.  Bottom line is this what we care about now....man I hate when we don't have a game on an upcoming weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 01:38:55 PM »
Actually, he used one of each in the article.

Maybe the interviewer enlightened him halfway through the interview.

"Right now we're working through Jonathan as being `that' guy. But you've got to remember we've got to look at who's the next guy as well. It's a little bit of a challenging situation for us, but with Eltoro being day-to-day, he's certainly not out of the equation, either."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 01:40:51 PM »
The way he used it ...it should probably read Day to Day.  If he had said we are taking Eltoro's injury situation Day by Day, that would have been ok to.  Bottom line is this what we care about now....man I hate when we don't have a game on an upcoming weekend.
I don't think so.

Day by day. Piece by piece. Inch by inch.

Those are acceptable phrases.

But, as you said, it is sad that it has been analyzed to this extent in this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »
Is Jonathan  :rolleyes:"that" guy or "the" guy ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »
Maybe he meant One day at a time?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."