Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

attention bbq enthusiast...

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: attention bbq enthusiast...
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2010, 09:13:02 AM »
I may do a smoke this weekend if the humidity isn't so bad at night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2010, 10:21:15 AM »
Update on "Crippled Pig BBQ"  (Our Team).........and yes I am bragging on us.

TN State Championship Cookoff, Lawrenceburg TN

3rd place - Anything Butt, you can cook anything you want to.  We entered an Italian sausage fattie, stuffed with cheddar, Swiss and mozzarella cheese with half cup of crumbled bacon, and wrapped it in a bacon weave. 

5th place - Ribs

7th place - Chicken

Those were the only categories we were eligible to compete in since we are a backyard team.  We competed against 34 teams, 24 of which have either won a Grand Championship or a Reserve Grand.   A lot of good teams and we were right there with them.  6th place overall.  One spot out of the money, but we went back to what we have always done and it worked.

We have since had a team member quit, the one I have mentioned earlier and now it just two of us and it seems to be working out better. 

See Harvey, our Que doesn't suck that bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2010, 08:15:30 PM »

3rd place - Anything Butt, you can cook anything you want to.  We entered an Italian sausage fattie, stuffed with cheddar, Swiss and mozzarella cheese with half cup of crumbled bacon, and wrapped it in a bacon weave. 

5th place - Ribs

7th place - Chicken

Those were the only categories we were eligible to compete in since we are a backyard team.  We competed against 34 teams, 24 of which have either won a Grand Championship or a Reserve Grand.   A lot of good teams and we were right there with them.  6th place overall.  One spot out of the money, but we went back to what we have always done and it worked.

We have since had a team member quit, the one I have mentioned earlier and now it just two of us and it seems to be working out better. 

Well, congrats is in order. I'm very impressed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2010, 09:06:47 PM »

5th place - Ribs

7th place - Chicken

Thats a kick ass logo, would make a great new X store product.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

chinook

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2010, 12:18:50 PM »

i second that motion...

t-shirt...sleeve could have a small tigers x emblem. 

congrats too.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2010, 11:55:19 PM »
i second that motion...

t-shirt...sleeve could have a small tigers x emblem. 

congrats too.

Thanks gentlemen.  A coworker and myself worked on that logo for a couple of weeks.  He was part of our graphics design team.   We have T's that we had made up for the team and several people told us they wanted one.  We wound up ordering about 5 dozen of them and selling them for a little extra money to go in the bank account. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan