Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

KISS PDX

chinook

KISS PDX
« on: November 19, 2009, 11:42:31 PM »
concert was incredible.  worth every penny spent on tickets, dinner, drinks and t-shirts. 

you wanted the best, you got the best!

setlist

1. deuce
2. strutter
3. hotter than hell (gene breathes fire)
4. let me go, rock 'n' roll

5. shock me (thayer...lead vocals)
6. calling dr. love
7. modern day delilah (from sonic boom album)
8. cold gin (then thayer...guitar solo; stage lighting fell after shooting fireworks from guitar)

9. parasite
10. say yeah (from sonic boom album)
11. 100,000 years (...then singer's drum solo...followed by thayer and stanley on guitars)
12. i love it loud (gene spits blood)

13. black diamond (the best set of the night)
14. rock and roll all nite

encore

15. shout it out loud
16. lick it up
17. love gun
18. detroit rock city
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: KISS PDX
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
You got more bang than P'cola did. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 08:52:27 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, that was the exact playlist they used in Birmingham.  And yes, it was an awesome concert.
Hell, I even enjoyed Buckcherry.  I didn't realize they sang Crazy Bitch until I got there...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 01:07:27 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, that was the exact playlist they used in Birmingham.  And yes, it was an awesome concert.
Hell, I even enjoyed Buckcherry.  I didn't realize they sang Crazy Bitch until I got there...

Pensacola didn't get Say Yeah or Cold Gin. 

Don't think the 'ham did either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 04:35:15 PM »

Which is yet ANOTHER reason why I don't go to stupid "scripted" concerts.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 04:43:39 PM »
Which is yet ANOTHER reason why I don't go to stupid "scripted" concerts.......

So you only do karaoke and piano bars?  Because every concert has a playlist.  They can't go out and do a different show every night on tour.  

When you consider the magnitude of a KISS concert, the pyro, the smoke, the lasers, the flying and all the other things that go on around the music, you can't just be riffing with the eight people who showed up like Dave Matthews or some fags like that and taking requests.  With KISS you've got eight or nine thousand (sometimes hundred of thousands) in attendance you're not taking requests. 

Every act of any significance is scripted to a degree. EVERY one.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:47:15 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 01:55:54 PM »
So you only do karaoke and piano bars?  Because every concert has a playlist.  They can't go out and do a different show every night on tour.  

When you consider the magnitude of a KISS concert, the pyro, the smoke, the lasers, the flying and all the other things that go on around the music, you can't just be riffing with the eight people who showed up like Dave Matthews or some fags like that and taking requests.  With KISS you've got eight or nine thousand (sometimes hundred of thousands) in attendance you're not taking requests. 

Every act of any significance is scripted to a degree. EVERY one.

Wrong. Most bands...where, and get this shit, the MUSIC is why they are playing concerts...have different set lists almost every night. When your main shtick is something like fire, fireworks and pyrotechnics, I understand. But when you play good music, that's what people go to concerts to hear. The fucking MUSIC. The reason I like the kind of music I do is because it's not all scripted. I enjoy good musicians who sound good and don't play the song the same way every single night of the tour. I like the improvisation of the musicians and their concerts. Good musicians can do that. Clowns with make-up could never entertain people enough just with their music, so they have to do "other" shit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »
Wrong. Most bands...where, and get this poop, the MUSIC is why they are playing concerts...have different set lists almost every night. When your main shtick is something like fire, fireworks and pyrotechnics, I understand. But when you play good music, that's what people go to concerts to hear. The phuking MUSIC. The reason I like the kind of music I do is because it's not all scripted. I enjoy good musicians who sound good and don't play the song the same way every single night of the tour. I like the improvisation of the musicians and their concerts. Good musicians can do that. Clowns with make-up could never entertain people enough just with their music, so they have to do "other" poop...

I like the music AND the entertainment aspect. 

No talent douchebags can sit on a stage in jeans and take requests.  So can hacks at a piano bar. Rock bands can not.   Even Elton and Billy Joel did essentially the same thing every single night (and I acknowledge the homosexual jokes that are sure to follow).

I've seen several bands of various types in different cities.  You may THINK they're riffing and doing whatever, but they do essentially the same shit with the same patter every fucking night.  And that there's just the way it is.   Different set lists every night my ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »
I like the music AND the entertainment aspect. 

No talent douchebags can sit on a stage in jeans and take requests.  So can hacks at a piano bar. Rock bands can not.   Even Elton and Billy Joel did essentially the same thing every single night (and I acknowledge the homosexual jokes that are sure to follow).

I've seen several bands of various types in different cities.  You may THINK they're riffing and doing whatever, but they do essentially the same shit with the same patter every fucking night.  And that there's just the way it is.   Different set lists every night my ass.

Whatever. You don't get it...just like I don't get KISS...

It's cool...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 12:35:13 AM »
Whatever. You don't get it...just like I don't get KISS...

It's cool...

I get it.  More than you realize.

I went and looked and you're right to an extent.  Dillwaters who do no entertaining and don't add spectacle to their performances will change up the set lists some.  They still play about the same number of songs, but they may play Oobla Fuckity Fuck first tonight and save it until third the next.    I've seen enough to know that the stage patter, even when they claim it's just for you, is pretty generic no matter where they go. 

That's your deal though.  I don't want to go see some jeans-wearing bar bander who flies by the seat of his pants.  I want to see a show that's been practiced, one that's rehearsed, one that has a flow to it.  I want to be entertained. 

I love The Eagles, but one of the worst concerts I've ever been to in my life was their Hell Freezes Over tour.  They just sat there on stage on stools and sang.  I didn't expect blood spitting or fire shitting, but come on.  I can listen to a CD and save the $100 if all you're going to do is sit there like a stump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 09:52:42 AM »
I get it.  More than you realize.

I went and looked and you're right to an extent.  Dillwaters who do no entertaining and don't add spectacle to their performances will change up the set lists some.  They still play about the same number of songs, but they may play Oobla Fuckity Fuck first tonight and save it until third the next.    I've seen enough to know that the stage patter, even when they claim it's just for you, is pretty generic no matter where they go. 

That's your deal though.  I don't want to go see some jeans-wearing bar bander who flies by the seat of his pants.  I want to see a show that's been practiced, one that's rehearsed, one that has a flow to it.  I want to be entertained. 

I love The Eagles, but one of the worst concerts I've ever been to in my life was their Hell Freezes Over tour.  They just sat there on stage on stools and sang.  I didn't expect blood spitting or fire shitting, but come on.  I can listen to a CD and save the $100 if all you're going to do is sit there like a stump.

That's the think Kaos, you think you get it but you don't. Sure, you may have a repeat of a song or 2 from concert to concert, but you are dead wrong on that they sound the same. Completely, dead, wrong. In your example, a song that they play 1st to open a show is going to sound and be done completely different that the same song done in the middle of there show or as their closer. I have seen it too many times dude. I am not trying to tell you shit about KISS that I have no fucking clue about...why are you trying to tell me about the concerts I have been to that you have no fucking clue about.

The same song may have completely different intros, middle jams, or endings depending on the feel of the show and where the song is played during the setlist. One of my favorite live songs for instance..."Two Step", by Dave Matthews...Dave sings a different intro, with completely different words every show. EVERY TIME. One time it may be 2 line intro, the other time it may be a 2 minute intro...but it is different every time. Does Dave "practice" this before hand. No clue. But I would bet that the band doesn't "rehearse" his intro everytime before he sings it. The band adapts to how he is singing and the energy he has for that intro. i have seen it happen dude.

Another time, I was at a Dave show in Atlanta and he had a guest guitarist come up on stage and play with him during a song called "Jimi Thing" where the guest guitarist, in the middle of a jam starting playing a pretty fucking cool guitar lick. Dave walked over to him, and watched him play it, and then started playing his guitar lick on the accoustical guitar. He continued to play this guitar lick, that he just learned, while the guest started playing lead on the electric. The band adapted to the new lick and rythem, and Dave even started singing lyrics based on this COMPLETELY improvised new sound to this song. I saw this shit with my own eyes. I even went back and downloaded a bootleg of this song to make sure that I heard what I thought I heard. That shit happened. Live in front of my face.

I have seen DVD's where the band is jamming and the drummer, who is a bad ass, does some new funky ass shit, Dave looks back at him and smiles and lips, "That's bad ass". I have seen this shit dude.

Again, I am not trying to tell you shit about KISS because I have no clue. Don't try and tell me about my shit because you have no fucking clue...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 11:13:58 AM »
That would bore the fuck out of me. 

You coudn't pay me to watch Dave Matthews do shit. 

I was at a piano bar.  It was so cool because the guy played the same song a different way on two nights because he had different people in the audience.  They paid him a dollar.  He broke into War Eagle in the middle of Hotel California because he saw a guy in an Auburn shirt in the crowd.

NO fucking thanks.  That doesn't equate to talent in my book.  That equates to hokeyness.

I know what a song sounds like and I want to hear it done the way it is supposed to be.  It's the height of arrogance to me for some douche to entertain himself by jimmy-jamming shit rather than performing the work.  That's just bullshit.   

But it's your bullshit and I'm not trying to change your mind.  Why the fuck you'd want to wade into a KISS thread and trash what WE like because it doesn't suck total homosexual ass like what YOU like is beyond me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 12:04:41 PM »
I simply said that is why I don't like scripted concerts. You made this into a fucking long ass diatribe again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »
I know what a song sounds like and I want to hear it done the way it is supposed to be.  It's the height of arrogance to me for some douche to entertain himself by jimmy-jamming shit rather than performing the work.  That's just bullshit.   

The Allman Brothers Band would like to have a word with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 12:16:19 PM »
and now............

A Monkey with a Mustache.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 02:18:18 PM »
I simply said that is why I don't like scripted concerts. You made this into a phuking long ass diatribe again.

no, you characterized them as "stupid".  That's what did this.

Dave Matthews is a faggot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 02:33:47 PM »
no, you characterized them as "stupid".  That's what did this.

Dave Matthews is a faggot.

They are fucking stupid...and so is your avatar.

I could give two fucks less ifDave Matthews is a faggot...he has some good ass music out and his concerts are fun as shit to go to because of the reasons I have already described...

I can't help it if you are a homophobe...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 02:53:11 PM »
I would rather have my nuts gnawed off by a gnu than be subjected to five minute of Dave Matthews "music" or ten seconds of his "concert".  His blazing pussy fagness has nothing to do win my revulsion.

I hate the Cowboys too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 03:27:57 PM »
i wonder if dave mathews turns his stool upside down?

anyhoo...KISS was simply amazing.  every dime spent that night from the overpriced parking to the watered down drinks then finally across town to the swingers club was worth it after being entertained by one of the greatest bands in the world.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 03:34:18 PM »
i wonder if dave mathews turns his stool upside down?

anyhoo...KISS was simply amazing.  every dime spent that night from the overpriced parking to the watered down drinks then finally across town to the swingers club was worth it after being entertained by one of the greatest bands in the world.   

huh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."