Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What happened to TV broadcast teams?

Mr. Sensible

What happened to TV broadcast teams?
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:44:18 PM »
I distinctly remember being able to watch a game on television and not wonder WTF the announcers were talking about during games. Now, they all suck in one way or another.

What happened?

And don't tell me to turn on the radio. I'd rather listen to turds drop in the bowl than Rod or Eli call a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: What happened to TV broadcast teams?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:50:07 PM »
Much like the expansion teams in MLB, all of the extra television coverage has lead to a scarcity of good announcing teams.  There were and still are some great announcers around, but most of them have been paired up with someone that makes America stand up and say "who the fuck is this guy?" when they see the lineup from week to week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 12:53:25 PM »
You cant really listen to the radio during games much either, because there is usually a delay.  I will tell you that I HATE most announcers, and I absolutely HATE the two that called our game.  They were showing them talking in the booth while a ref is making a call or a replay should have been showed.  Davies and the black man are h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e!!

The only two that I can stomach are Nessler and Blackledge, I actually don't even mind Todd's Taste of the Town, only because I like to see how much that boy can put away.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 01:14:27 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 01:03:02 PM »
They were pronouncing player's names wrong like MuKALub.  Not that I really wanted to see it, but I noticed they never showed a replay of Georgia's first score.  Maybe later on in the broadcast while they were recapping, but after it happened, I never saw it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 01:07:01 PM »
Verne Lundquist can just go ahead and die already.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:18:37 PM »
Yeah, that ESPN2 crew is the worst.  Not just pronouncing names wrong, but they called Chris Todd Joe Cox more than once.  They called Tate Fannin once too. 

They're the same idiots that said the Auburn creed was "it's Auburn and I love it" or something moronic like that (even put it on the screen).

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 01:40:42 PM »
Originally, they had no clue why Tate was wearing #4.  They came back later and said something but you know somebody got in their ear real quick about that.  Nice research there guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »
Not to mention, nearly the entire 2nd Half, Davies and that other guy were talking about fuckin' coaches salaries...even while some plays were being made, then after the play they'd show the commentators talking, then they showed the USA Today paper....again while Auburn was hiking the ball.  I felt like I was watching the damn commentators and commercials with football breaking in.  Then listening to the stupid dumbass commentators calling nearly every player's name completely wrong...it was a very frustrating game to watch on top of the fact that we got beat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:04:55 PM »
I was too drunk to notice that stuff.  But I would have been beyond irritated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 08:16:30 PM »
Is there a way to get things changed?  I mean, I'm not going to stop watching Auburn football.  The networks don't give a shit if I put them on mute.  What can we do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 10:19:53 PM »
Is there a way to get things changed?  I mean, I'm not going to stop watching Auburn football.  The networks don't give a shit if I put them on mute.  What can we do?
Change the input to CD, and put the Chipmunks Christmas album in.  The result will be about the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 10:36:04 PM »
The chick on the sidlines for the cbs South carolina and Fl game, was talking about USC's uniforms and said Californilina.  I really think she was thinking of Southern Cal, started saying California then realized it was Carolina, it was pretty funny, i rewinded it to make sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 10:22:54 AM »
The chick on the sidlines for the cbs South carolina and Fl game, was talking about USC's uniforms and said Californilina.  I really think she was thinking of Southern Cal, started saying California then realized it was Carolina, it was pretty funny, i rewinded it to make sure.

Hoes on the sidelines...don't get me started
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions