Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Will Auburn win another game in 2009?

Mr. Sensible

Will Auburn win another game in 2009?
« on: November 16, 2009, 10:16:58 AM »
I highly doubt it.

Be honest, there's no realistic reason to be positive about the game with Alabama. Even if they played the second team due to an outbreak of food poisoning, the clap, or arrests, they'd still kick our ass.

That puts the record at 7-5. That probably means either the Mucus City Bowl or the Chiks-on-the-Bidet Bowl against an ACC team - possibly Clemson or maybe even Florida State.

I just don't see us with much of a chance to win another one. Not with that defense and that inconsistent offense coupled with lackluster special teams.

I realize the bowl game is a chance to practice more, but does it really matter? The best thing that can happen for this season is for it to end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

Re: Will Auburn win another game in 2009?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 11:05:20 AM »
Even when Mike Shula was leading a pathetic Alabama team who featured Spencer Pennington at quarterback and 145 lb freshman, Aaron Johns at runningback, I was still glad to be having the opportunity to get our ass kicked in the Music City Bowl by Minnesota.  Seriously dude, college football has the shortest season of any sport I watch, and it's the best sport.  Why would ANY college football fan want the season to be over with?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:05:52 AM »
I never would have thought that we would have beat Ole Miss, but we did.  We lose to bammer, no question about that.  I think we have a chance to win our bowl game.  There will be some players that will need the time off to heal between the IB and the bowl game.  Will it help?  Who knows, but it can't hurt.  So being honest, yeah we could possibly win another game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »
Everybody but the graduating Seniors will benefit greatly from more practice time.  I don't care if it's here at Lesion Field, the time will be well worth it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.