Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

FireFox Questions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
FireFox Questions
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »
OK. So I downloaded FireFox because I have read some good things about it and also you guys talked highly of it a few weeks ago in a thread I read. It seems to work fine I guess, but I have some questions:
1. Why are you so adamant about using FireFox over IE? It's fine, but I can't tell THAT much difference.
2. I can now not see the embedded pictures or youtube videos on this site. How do I fix that shit?

Thanks. I'll hang up and listen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: FireFox Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:33:19 AM »
OK. So I downloaded FireFox because I have read some good things about it and also you guys talked highly of it a few weeks ago in a thread I read. It seems to work fine I guess, but I have some questions:
1. Why are you so adamant about using FireFox over IE? It's fine, but I can't tell THAT much difference.
2. I can now not see the embedded pictures or youtube videos on this site. How do I fix that shit?

I use Firefox and your #2 items work good for me.  I think there might either be some plug-ins or settings you need to figure out.  Wish I could help you but I'm not sure your issue is actually a Firefox issue.  Probably a setting or two.  In fact, I'd venture to say that the this browser renders pictures (especially the animated avatars) much better.

Good luck!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 09:51:44 AM »

Firefox runs/loads websites much faster for me than IE does.  That is the main reason I like it but a close second is that it has an on board spell check that highlights words it does not think are spelled correctly.  much like most mail programs.  Just a couple of less steps than having to manually start a spell check in IE.

As far as the photos and youtube stuff you need to click "tools" then "options" then under "content" make sure all four boxes are checked.  One of which is a pop up blocker.  I think that will take care of your problems.  You may have to restart the program.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:18:10 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 10:44:33 AM »

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/recommended
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions